Old 05-26-2015, 03:39 PM   #1

Screen Doors Solution?

Has anyone found a screen door idea for the entry doors? We would love to have the doors open during the summer months.

snowtosurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 03:43 PM   #2

What type of RV has NO screen doors? Youroo!!

youroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 03:45 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by youroo View Post
What type of RV has NO screen doors? Youroo!!
X2

Old 05-26-2015, 04:03 PM   #4

Sorry everyone I thought I posted this in the Aviator Forum... the Aviators do not have screen doors btw. Super frustrating trying to find screens that will work with the curved doors.
Old 05-26-2015, 04:19 PM   #5

I think you got the right forum but I am still do not see why it did not come with a screen door.

The door being curved makes it even more important for the factory to provide screen doors.
Old 05-26-2015, 05:21 PM   #6

WOW! What makes Aviators worth that kind of $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$?
67cudafb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 09:37 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by snowtosurf View Post
Sorry everyone I thought I posted this in the Aviator Forum... the Aviators do not have screen doors btw. Super frustrating trying to find screens that will work with the curved doors.

I know what you mean about the lack of a screen door. It bothered me at first and I missed the little pass-thru most RV screen doors have. Now I never give it any thought. The Max Air fans move a lot of air and the big windows keep the trailer feeling open. If you come up with a door that will work let us know. In the meantime, you may be able to use one of the magnetic "magic screens" that make an instant although temporary screen door if you really decide you want one.

Seasonally in the Grand Marias, MN campground
On the beautiful shores of Lake Superior

Aviator Wright-Flyer#1908
2012 Ram 2500HD CTD
KenHwy61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 11:52 AM   #8
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by KenHwy61 View Post
In the meantime, you may be able to use one of the magnetic "magic screens" that make an instant although temporary screen door if you really decide you want one.
Surprisingly, those work pretty well. Saw one on a used camper at a dealer lot. Went through it a few times and it worked just like they advertise.
Iwritecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 01:46 PM   #9

We are looking at the custom options of * Screens, Screen Doors, Bug Off Instant Screen Door - Instant walk through, magnetic screen door - screen curtain - custom screens available *. I will post pix if we get these installed successfully.
Old 05-27-2015, 04:32 PM   #10

I plan to try out the magic screen next week on our mini vacation/fishing trip. I will let yall know how it works out! My only issue with the magic screen is my chihuahua can run out anytime she would want. A door would be way better I think

2013 Aviator Electra
2006 Chevy 2500HD Duramax
and a chihuahua named Daisy
SharkGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-27-2015, 04:39 PM   #11

Look forward to hearing how it works for you this weekend. I suppose you could get a doggy gate in front of screen so your pet can't escape.
Old 07-25-2015, 10:42 AM   #12

Curtain sheer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
Surprisingly, those work pretty well. Saw one on a used camper at a dealer lot. Went through it a few times and it worked just like they advertise.
My wife cMe up with using a curtain sheer on a spring rod added magnetic stip on floor and bottom of sheer. Used Velcro buttons on sides work well to keep out bugs. Ours is a 13 elecra.
bridge707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2015, 10:43 AM   #13

Curtain sheer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
My wife came up with using a curtain sheer on a spring rod added magnetic stip on floor and bottom of sheer. Used Velcro buttons on sides work well to keep out bugs. Ours is a 13 elecra.
bridge707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 09:12 AM   #14

We have been very happy with our screen door solution. We ordered a "Bug Off" custom screen from * Screens, Screen Doors, Bug Off Instant Screen Door - Instant walk through, magnetic screen door - screen curtain - custom screens available *. If you are interested in doing the same, the sizing option is:

- CUSTOM SCREEN (CENTER OPENING) 22"- 36" in width and UP TO 86" in height (Includes Rod, 8 Hook/Loop, 2 Magnet Sets)
- And the measurements we used are 31 1/2 X 72

The total cost for us (for one screen):

Subtotal 59.95
Shipping Cost (BUG OFF S/H) 9.95
Tax (CA-SAN LUIS OBISPO 7.5%) 4.50
Total $74.40

It is a perfect fit, however we did one little hack to it. I had an upholstery guy sew industrial strength velcro all along the top since there is no place for the spring rod. The same upholstery guy is going to create a snap-button valance for us so we can cover the top of the screen and remove the screen during the colder months.

Tags
door