1 month in on the new FR3 25DS
Thought I'd check back in regarding our new 25DS. Love it. There's a lot of negative posts on here about these rigs but for what I've read and noticed on our own, a lot of it is trivial if you have any 'DIY' ability at all.
I'm not sure that any camper/RV is without issues or things that need to be tweaked as you own them. It's a house that is rolling down a bumpy road, after all, right?
We have gotten nothing but compliments and a lot of oohs and ahhs with ours. People assume it is a 150k rig. Yes, if you put it beside a 40' diesel pusher, then you can see the differences but for an entry-level "shorty' Class A, this baby is as good as it gets for us.
A couple of items that I've noticed that should be improved upon by FR would be:
1. separating the LED headlight rings with the awning LED. I like running the LED's on my truck when it's dusk or cloudy and will do the same with the RV. Just need to put in the separate switch for the awning. Can someone post the directions for that again?
2. I get the sense that the retractable steps aren't going to last forever if you have a bunch of 250lb people up and down on them. I've already shimmed braces under them each time we stop just to help the longevity.
3. Not having a small table mounted between the two front seats is a miss for FR. I've ordered one from the dealer and will put it in myself.
4. Passenger side needs a cup holder like many have stated.
5. It tends to 'wander' a bit going down the road but once you get used to it, it is fine.....again, it's a 12' tall box going down the road.
6. The drivers side swivel is a miss for FR. Annoying that it doesn't swivel all the way around easily. A simple slider on both seats would make life a lot easier when you are parked.
7. I think the Bluetooth is a waste in an RV. Just too loud going down the road to make the system useable. And I think the head unit stereo's speakers should've been mounted in the walls next to the front seats....especially if you have the bunk down while driving.
All seems to be working well for us. Had the ignitor knob on the oven break off on the last trip....probably just torqued it too much when I turned it but the plastic shaft shattered....easy fix. New one ordered though. No leaks, no other breaks. All systems work fine and we are happy.
I think people forget that this is a 70-80k Class A, not a 200k Class A and on top of that, this is a new line and kinks will be worked out along the way. I think expectations have to be more in line with this knowledge.
We'd recommend buying one and would do it again tomorrow.