Old 08-14-2014, 11:32 AM   #1

2 questions re AC and outlets

Hello,

I can only get the two outlets to work when the generator is on. Is this correct?

Secondly, The AC does not come when set on the Auto setting? Correct? DOes anyone know what auto setting is for then?

Finally, when the tv is on tv I cannot get the sound to come through speakers mounted in roof?

Thanks

leogeo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2014, 11:59 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by leogeo View Post
Hello,

I can only get the two outlets to work when the generator is on. Is this correct?

Secondly, The AC does not come when set on the Auto setting? Correct? DOes anyone know what auto setting is for then?

Finally, when the tv is on tv I cannot get the sound to come through speakers mounted in roof?

Thanks
Can't tell what type unit you're in but let's see if we can help.
Any 110vac outlet or device, i.e. microwave should work when the generator is running. Do you only have 2 outlets?
You should be able to set your thermostat in the "cool" mode to come on at a set temp. Likewise the furnace.
If you have the standard 3 wire (white, red, yellow) pin connectors these are sending signal "from" the DVD player to the TV. In this configuration there is no signal travel from the TV to the player/amp for playing TV sound through the indoor speakers.
Others with more experience may be able to provide more help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	_MG_1068.jpg
Views:	125
Size:	549.3 KB
ID:	60509  

Currently enjoying second childhood
Canonman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 07:19 AM   #3

To get the surround speakers to work you have to go to Jensen wall mounted radio/DVD player and change the "input" setting to, I believe "TV".

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Gem Hunters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 07:26 AM   #4
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem Hunters View Post
To get the surround speakers to work you have to go to Jensen wall mounted radio/DVD player and change the "input" setting to, I believe "TV".

This would depend, of course, on that there are actually WIRES connecting the TV sound output to the Jensen...
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 07:34 AM   #5

True.....if no wires then no sound. Just trying to tell them how it's supposed to work. The Techs go over so much info at your walk-thru its easy to forget. Hopefully the unit it wired properly.

Gem Hunters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 08:48 AM   #6

I had to use the headphone jack on the TV to the AUX input on my sound bar to make it work with the TV.
435AH 12V VMax Charge Tanks, 520 watt Monocrystilline Solar Array, Morningstar MPPT TS-60 CC,Morningstar Remote,Cotek True Sine Wave Inverter,Cotek Remote Controller,50amp Progressive Hardwire Surge Protector
2015 Dodge 3500 6.7L 4X4
2011 CanAm Commander XT 1000
mud yapster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 09:18 AM   #7

It would help a lot if you told us what king of FR3 you have. After you start the generator you need to plug the coach AC input cord into the socket in the rear compartment. I have found that it is beneficial to start the generator first let it warm up a bit then plug it in. If the generator does not supply power at that time there is a reset switch on the generator itself that may have tripped, look at the generator manual for its location. The generator may trip the ground fault interrupters if you try to crank the generator with the cord connected so check that also. My unit is equipped with the Furrion entertainment center. The Furrion center has a HDMI output but is not connected that from the factory. A 6 foot HDMI cable will connect the entertainment center to the inside TV HDMI 1 input and give you true Hi Def. On my unit the outside TV audio input from the DVD player was on the wrong jacks so the only outside sound was from the external speakers switching the connections on the TV fixed that. There is an audio out connection on the inside TV connected to the DVD but I could not get that to work. There is a COAX audio output on the TV that will connect to the DVD plaver by coax cable and give you TV sound thru the DVD speakers if you use the coax button on the DVD remote. If you use a HDMI cable between the DVD and the inside TV simply inserting a disk or thumb drive in the DVD player will also turn the TV on and switych the TV to the HDMI1 source. With a HDMI cable the Furrion TV and Furrion wall mounted DVD player talk to each other.

2015 FR3 30DS
z3406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 09:29 AM   #8

Thanks everyone, I have a 2015 fr30ds. I have the furion entertainment center. Yes I only have two outlets. One in the kitchen underneath the overhang and one in the bathroom. So just to clarify on the outlets I need to run the generator to use them. To clarify on the AC setting I must set it to cool to work. The auto setting does not seem to do anything. I thought I was suppose to keep on the auto setting but again I cannot get that setting to work.
Old 08-15-2014, 10:28 AM   #9

The 30DS has 115 Ac outlets in the front right side under the movable tray, under the cabinet in the kitchen, under the dinnet table on the outside wall in the main coach area, in the bathroom and in the bedroom on the drivers side wall next to the circuit breaker boxes. The fan speed setting is done with the selector function in the fan mode. Set to auto the control box will adjust the fan speed , set to hi or low that is the speed the fan will operate in. If set to auto in the fan mode that carries over to the other functions and fan speed will change depending on mode and the temperature differential between what the temp is and what the thermostat is set at. For the 115 volt electrical outlets to work you need to be plugged into external power or after starting the generator plug the main power cord into the socket in the rear compartment. To see if I have 115 volt ac power I look at the TV sets and see if the red power light is on. If the generator is running and the TV set does not have power look at the circuit breakers in the bedroom, the Ground fault interruptor on the outlet in the bathroom or the reset switch on the generator itself. For the air conditioning to work you need 115 volt ac in the coach either plugged in or thru the generator. The air conditioner also has a circuit breaker in the bedroom circuit box. I recommend you keep the fan setting on auto.
Old 08-15-2014, 11:07 AM   #10

On the TV sound coming in to the Furion and out to the ceiling speakers you must have a wire connected to an AUDIO OUTPUT jack on the TV and sent to one of the audio input jacks on the back side of the furion (or the front input jack if you don't mind hanging wires!).
The good news is that the back of your Furion has ALL 3 different types of audio input jacks:
1. A pair of red & white standard stereo (RCA) jacks.
2. An optical (Toslink) input for TV's with Optical audio outputs
3. A coax digital audio jack for those TV's with digital coax audio outputs

My guess is that NONE of these connections is made on your coach. So your first step is to figure out what audio outputs you have on your TV. If you have more than one...then use one of the digital (#2 or #3) outputs and plug it in to the back of your Furion.
Good luck with your new coach!
2019 Vespa Primavera 150's (pair)
camaraderie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2014, 11:23 AM   #11

If i keep the fan setting to auto I cannot get the AC unit to stay on. It shuts off after a few seconds on setting to auto
Old 08-15-2014, 12:52 PM   #12

Is the AC thermostat set to a temp lower than the air temp? In auto the ac will only come on when needed.
Old 08-15-2014, 01:01 PM   #13

No I think my auto is broken. THe air was really warm and in need of AC. I could not get the air to come on in auto so I would set to cool then it would come on. When i switched back to auto it shuts off.
Old 08-15-2014, 01:45 PM   #14

With 115 power in the coach touch both the up and down arrows on the thermostat, that will show you what the thermostat thinks the air temperature is. Push the mode selector button until the ac lite on the thermostat is lit. The temp shown there is what the thermostat is set to, that must be lower than what the actual temperature is for the ac to come on.