Bought a new 2015 28DS in June of this year. Thought I'd share my experience(s) so far after 2000 miles and almost 4 weeks use of it, both dry camping and on full hookups.
(This forum is by far one of my favorite to hang out and read/absorb by the way.)
Overall we're very happy with the unit, which is also our first motorhome. In no particular order, both good and bad points:
- drives fairly well, predictable, solid brakes (altho I have nothing to compare with of this size in my experience brake-wise)
- AC is good, but not great. In 103F heat, it got the unit down to 80F even, which was more than adequate in my opinion, after everything I read on here
- screens work great! After 8 nights on Ocracoke Island I can honestly say these screens work
- oven is fantastic - we cook a lot and it's really a joy to use
- generator seems solid so far. It never ever starts on the first attempt, almost always the 3rd. But it's been a champ, and seems fine at altitude (after adjusting it)
- the city water fill valve leaks ever so slightly from the front - it hasn't bothered me enough to tear it apart, just enough to soak a small towel in 3 days or so
- 4 of the storage bin locks have corroded (which I've read about here as well) - I've emailed FR and they said that's totally covered my next trip to the dealer, as I would expect
- speaking of - FR email support has been great so far (Cel Lopez)
- the windshield wipers actually work fantastic - I was quite surprised at that - wasn't sure what to expect, driven in some seriously nasty weather, again, no worries
- the lights at night seem fine (with the fog lights) - again, I've read stories on here which made me worry, but I've driven a fair bit at night - no issues
- after learning to pre-level the unit with ramps, etc, the hydraulic jacks have been a pleasure to use (in manual mode always, with 8" blocks of 2x8)
Just a few of my observations. I've got a list of about 7 things I'm going to change/modify on this unit at the beginning of the next season, all from this forum.