Old 02-02-2018, 01:10 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by colourful64 View Post
Whoa! That is different from the 2015! The new truck likes just popped in ! Looks like you would have to cut... Horrible
Yup... They could have at least gone with a standard 7" setup so you could use aftermarket assemblies...

Old 02-02-2018, 01:18 PM   #12
Saltyrod

Send a message via Yahoo to saltyrod
Fr3 headlight replacement

[QUOTE=Knoxie89;1721535]My '16 30DS has the little 3.5" or so headlights and they are HORRIBLE. I cna't stand driving at night because you can't see hardly anything. I'm about to just throw aesthetics to the wind and throw a light bar or a few lightpods on to supplement the headlights since I can't find any replacements.

Has anyone replaced there headlights? Swapped to LED's?

Is it just me thinking it's horrible? Our Fog/LED lights also flicker when driving so I have to fix that too since the dealer said they couldn't reproduce it.[/QUOT forest river sent me a replacement set of headlights from a 2007 Chevy, work great. Check with fr, they should replace them, they sent me the lights, and I installed.

saltyrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 02:50 PM   #13

We have a 2011 FR Georgetown and we replaced the crappy lights with LEDs from M4Products.com (found them on RVGeeks YouTube video). Night driving was something I never did because visibility was horrible and I didn't feel safe on the road not being able to see well - the new headlights changed that completely and it is wonderful!! Was an inexpensive and easy fix for the peace of mind driving at night - and the company has fast shipping and great customer service
Cherin55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2018, 04:22 PM   #14

[QUOTE=saltyrod;1721654]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoxie89 View Post
My '16 30DS has the little 3.5" or so headlights and they are HORRIBLE. I cna't stand driving at night because you can't see hardly anything. I'm about to just throw aesthetics to the wind and throw a light bar or a few lightpods on to supplement the headlights since I can't find any replacements.

Has anyone replaced there headlights? Swapped to LED's?

Is it just me thinking it's horrible? Our Fog/LED lights also flicker when driving so I have to fix that too since the dealer said they couldn't reproduce it.[/QUOT forest river sent me a replacement set of headlights from a 2007 Chevy, work great. Check with fr, they should replace them, they sent me the lights, and I installed.
You didn't add anything to your comment besides the quote saltyrod...
Old 02-03-2018, 09:12 AM   #15

Make sure theyare aimed properly sothe llight is on the road and not in the other driver'eyes. The bright spot **** th road about 300 ft in front of the vehicle. If you use the grage door method, the top of the bright spot be 1 inch the center of the light on the vehicle and 1 inch to right of the center of th light. Your state vehicle code or inspection procedures should have it
larry pw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 09:14 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by larry pw View Post
Make sure theyare aimed properly sothe llight is on the road and not in the other driver'eyes. The bright spot **** th road about 300 ft in front of the vehicle. If you use the grage door method, the top of the bright spot be 1 inch the center of the light on the vehicle and 1 inch to right of the center of th light. Your state vehicle code or inspection procedures should have it
The first time we had it in for service (you can check my posts, its been there a lot...) I had them repoint the headlights as the right one was basically pointing off the shoulder into the tops of the trees. They just cast a poor amount of light.
Old 02-03-2018, 05:30 PM   #17

I agree the headlights suck. I found that turning the fog lights on helps a lot. The bright lights are still pathetic....
Old 02-03-2018, 05:34 PM   #18

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldGunny View Post
I agree the headlights suck. I found that turning the fog lights on helps a lot. The bright lights are still pathetic....

Yeah, I try to run them with fogs all the time but ours flicker and sometimes turn off while driving. But the dealer can't find any issues.
Knoxie89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 08:25 PM   #19

Email Daniel Stern Lighting at "dastern@torque.net"

I once owned at 2011 Berkshire 390QS and had a horrendous trip in the rain at night. If yours is anything like mine, he identified that my unit had cheap Chinese manufactured knockoffs of a Toyota Highlander.

He hooked me up with original parts and high end bulbs from Amazon. All in, less that $600 and what a difference.
DJP6371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2018, 08:49 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by DJP6371 View Post
Email Daniel Stern Lighting at "dastern@torque.net"

I once owned at 2011 Berkshire 390QS and had a horrendous trip in the rain at night. If yours is anything like mine, he identified that my unit had cheap Chinese manufactured knockoffs of a Toyota Highlander.

He hooked me up with original parts and high end bulbs from Amazon. All in, less that $600 and what a difference.
You had the same headlights as me?

For $600 I can do a lot of work to the RV. I'd rather throw and LED light bar on the bumper and be done for $100

Tags
light, replacement, upgrade