Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-17-2017, 09:30 AM   #1

2017 30DS Supplemental Owners Manual and other ???

Hello all! Our (slightly) used 2017 30DS came with a goodly assortment of books and manuals which I have been reading. BUT the Supplemental Owners Manual is a photocopied thing that is largely unreadable. The copy is very light and the page cuts don't match the end of the pages. If someone had one that was readable and could scan it, I would forever be in your debt!

The two questions that I can't seem to answer at the moment are:

1. What exactly does the "Tank Heater" switch do? Do you have to have 110v for it to work?

2. My step switch doesn't seem to stop the steps from moving. Could be a bad switch but I assume that when the step switch is off the steps should not retract if the vehicle ignition is off?

Thanks in advance for all of your wisdom!
Old 10-17-2017, 09:39 AM   #2

As I understand, my tank heaters are 12 volt and come on at a pre determined temp. I believe its under 40 degrees. I could be wrong, but that's how I understand it.
Old 10-17-2017, 09:54 AM   #3

When the step switch is on (blue light lit) steps will not retract when the door is closed and the engine is not running.
The tank heater does require 110v, shore power or generator. It will heat all 3 tanks from the bottom and their filler necks and prevent them from freezing.
leisurelarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2017, 08:33 PM   #4

Thanks guys!

I checked the switch for the steps today and it operates so now I have to find wiring schematics.

I had assumed the heater worked off 110v, thanks.
Old 10-18-2017, 06:27 AM   #5

If you are turning on your tank heater switch, that is a 12vdc heating pad for the tanks. They have a thermostat and will come on around 45-50 degrees. If you are using your water heater, now that will heat on either 110vac or propane. There is a supplemental owners manual. Send an email to jhood@forestriverinc.com and ask for it. He can email it to you.
GeorgetownJeff is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
manual