Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-17-2018, 09:02 AM   #1

2017 32DS bedroom TV question

Has anyone replaced that TV with a new slightly bigger TV that is a smart TV with a usable USB port to watch movies? I see that it is tapped with mounting screws though the flip up cabinet door. I have not measured yet to see if a regular 100/200 mount will fit. Looking at a Samsung UN28M4500A 28" model to replace the TV there, Smart, WIFI, and a usable USB port for movies and pictures.

Orider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 09:47 AM   #2

I have not replaced the TV,but I use a Roku adapter while on the road. I either stream from the camps WiFi or I use my phone as a Hot Spot.
HortMi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2018, 10:19 AM   #3
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by HortMi View Post
I have not replaced the TV,but I use a Roku adapter while on the road. I either stream from the camps WiFi or I use my phone as a Hot Spot.

I’m surprised you’ve found campground WiFi that is stream-worthy.

And unless you’re paying extra for premium WiFi, you’re typically sucking up your neighbor’s bandwidth. It’s all shared and one user streaming can really cripple it for everyone else.
Old 04-01-2018, 12:24 PM   #4

Times have changed, if wifi is included with the campsite it’s up to them to provide a service that works. It’s not like years ago when Netflix was the only option, now most services are going cloud based and require internet access. The streaming sites can adjust the bandwidth for poor signals and resolution for many different size devices. If a campground wants to restrict it they can block ports and sites they wish to.
Tombsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2018, 07:25 PM   #5

I ordered a mount from Amazon that is an electric ceiling mount for up to a 55" TV that I'm going to try to mount to the roof in the bedroom so the tv is against the roof traveling then just push a button and it comes down. Not sure if it will work though since the unit itself weighs 61lbs without a tv mounted on it... Not sure how strong that roof is up there!!!
ARS1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bed, roo