Old 08-15-2016, 11:11 PM   #1

2017 FR3 Rubber Roof is already peeling off!

Has anyone else seen this? Brand new 32DDs and the sealant tape that holds the rubber roof on is coming apart. Should have kept my Winnebago.

Old 08-16-2016, 11:48 AM   #2

Any pics?

Old 08-16-2016, 07:15 PM   #3

OMG am I married to you, all my husband says is it's not a Winnebago, we had a 1999 winnebago and upgraded to the 2017 29ds. Happy we got the 7 year extended warranty, nothing major yet but will keep an eye on the roof
Old 08-18-2016, 01:13 AM   #4
edm

Rubber roof

We just finished a 7000 mile trip with our 2016 30ds and our rubber roof failed. The radio antenna started coming loose and one corner of the roof and sealant came loose. After that the high wind we encountered got under the rubber roof and started lifting the memdrane up. It really did make a mess out of the roof. Looks like the whole roof will have to be replaced.
Old 08-18-2016, 09:18 AM   #5

Yep, same thing happened to ours. The gen shuts off in hot days as well, I think it is a vapor lock issue. Has your roof AC leaked inside the coach yet?
Old 08-18-2016, 11:25 AM   #6

This summer I've seen two RVs going the opposite way from me on the interstate, both with billowing rubber roof membranes. Probably the edge sealant gave way and the air infiltrates when moving. I'll bet neither owner knew.
phillyg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 01:29 PM   #7

My insurance adjuster says that this issue has become more common among all manufacturers and because it is a manufacturing defect, not covered by a comprehensive RV insurance policy.

He thinks the issue is that manufacturers have moved to OSB instead of playwood for the roof and that roof glue doesn't stick as well to the OSB because it is more flexible.
Old 08-18-2016, 01:39 PM   #8

It's a new rig. Bring it back to the dealer to fix as it is under warranty.
2015 Ford F150 Eco-Boost
BusyRetirees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2016, 04:57 PM   #9

Our ac has leaked into the coach, I'm afraid to leave our dog in the rv with the ac running if the generator shuts down, roof is still good, we have had our 2017 less then a month
Old 08-18-2016, 06:43 PM   #10

Just had our roof redone. Our progressive ins. policy took are of it for us. Progressive told me the cost was 5,400.00. Had a small tear up in the front near the ant. Have no idea how it happened. Also had the a/c replaced at the same time since it wasnt working at no cost. Camping World took care of us for a change. We have a 2014 25ds fr3. Took it back to c/w today again for a electrical issue. Turn on the bathroom light switch an it blows out the 15 amp fuse. It never ends LOL

Tags
roo, roof