Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-11-2017, 08:35 PM   #1

2018 29DS -- RV Lock

Finally -- finally took possession of our new RV on Monday. and finally was able to install the Ver4 RV Lock. it goes in -- but you have to be committed to make it work. had to Dremel about 1/16 off the bottom fiberglass outside of the lock hole on the door. take your time - make an even sanding cut. and it fits like a glove.

love the ability to lock remote. or use the keypad.

that was upgrade #1. upgrade #2 was oxygenics shower head. LOVE IT!

upgrade #3. 3" memory foam mattress topper. HUGE difference. Highly recommended.

upgrade #4. MaxxAir Fans - deluxe in the bathroom and kitchen. another highly recommended upgrade. really moves air.

next upgrade is to improve the coach speakers. have some ordered.

also added surge projectors/expanders on each of the electrical outlets. have to search for those suckers. and yes already have a surge protector at the 50amp plug in.

got the X-package on our custom order (ordered it back in Feb). did come out as a 2018 model, good for us as less depreciation. that had 2 A/Cs, 50 amp service, full size fridge. great upgrades.

also had them install a Winegard SK-1000 DISH antenna. with that i got three drops so installed 3 Wally receivers. Now we can watch Bama football all the way from Florida to Alaska. and back.

for handling, the dealer threw in a rear sway bar and a Roadmaster steering stabilizer. my first drive was ok. going to do the CHF this weekend.

LOVE the coach. Love the layout. Love the drive. Just love this -- wife and I will spend 6 months in the coach this summer as we retire from the USAF. be on the look out for a 'Bama sticker FR3 driving north.

hit me up with a PM if you are doing any of the above. i made plenty of mistakes and will for sure share all my expierences.

be safe all!

b
bamagrad1992 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 10:25 PM   #2
edm

Bamagrad.
We have a 2016 fr3 30ds. Here are some of the mods we made.
Chf, ss steering control, Ss track bar,sumo springs all around, central vacuum, 2 maxx air fans w/ remotes. One fantastic fan in bathroom.

We also had the front end aligned, be sure and have the alignment checked. There is a good chance it is out of alignment.

Congratulations on your new purchase. And thank you for your service!!!

Happy and safe travels.
edm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 03:34 PM   #3

When you upgraded to the larger refrigerator did you lose the pantry next to the frig? We have a 2017 29DS.

Our #1 upgrade was getting rid of that plastic toilet, we upgraded to a 320 instead of that cheap 300 they put in the coach.

Good luck with your new RV
Luannr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2017, 08:33 PM   #4

big pantry gone -- yes. but way way lots of fridge space. not sure what i will miss. toilet upgrade may be my next project! thank you -- and be safe out there Luannr!

b
Old 05-17-2017, 08:32 AM   #5

where did you get your RV? Happy with the dealer?
sleepybadger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 04:38 PM   #6

i got it in Lakeland FL -- Greezny's RV World. VERY happy with the process, sales, and service. they are a smaller dealer but great customer service.

Tags
lock