Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-08-2018, 04:40 PM   #1

2018 FR3 30ds outside tv

My outside tv has no connection to the external speakers. Has anyone modified or added a switch from the tv to the speakers below it? If so could you share what you did. I am thinking some kind of AB switch for the speakers.
Woody51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 05:50 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody51 View Post
My outside tv has no connection to the external speakers. Has anyone modified or added a switch from the tv to the speakers below it? If so could you share what you did. I am thinking some kind of AB switch for the speakers.
Get a Bluetooth tv transmitter.

Amazon: Bluetooth tv transmitter

I have used bluetooth from my laptop to the connect to the front radio and output to the speakers.

Let us know what you come up with.
Solar Power & Battle Born batteries
rk06382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 07:20 AM   #3

Your outside speakers should be connected to your entertainment center, which is connected to your tv(s). On my 2014 FR3, there are A, B & C buttons which control the inside and outside speakers. Check your entertainment manual that you should have received.
Old 07-09-2018, 11:11 AM   #4

2017 FR3 28DS
My outside TV is connected to the speakers below it. they are also connected to the entertaiment system in the dash. However when the TV is playing the sound is not very loud even at full volume. The entertainment system works great!
HortMi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 08:35 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody51 View Post
I don't know about the 2018, but on my 2016 I just set the inside tv to the same channel and then change from 'living room speakers' to 'outside speakers' on the toggle switch under the radio and set the radio to av-in option.
Old 07-12-2018, 10:02 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoxie89 View Post
I don't know about the 2018, but on my 2016 I just set the inside tv to the same channel and then change from 'living room speakers' to 'outside speakers' on the toggle switch under the radio and set the radio to av-in option.
My 2018 has the same issue.. TV's are not connected to the entertainment system and I have not found any switches - also no mention of it in any of the documentation Tha I can find.
Old 07-12-2018, 11:00 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by srodsimpson View Post
My 2018 has the same issue.. TV's are not connected to the entertainment system and I have not found any switches - also no mention of it in any of the documentation Tha I can find.
My 2016 didn't have any documentation either. If you look behind your main TV you should see if there are any RCA (red/white/yellow) cables plugged in. If there are red/white cables plugged into the 'audio out' area, its likely they run back to the radio, and if you put the radio in AV mode and 'living room speakers' it should do sound over the interior ceiling speakers, and if you select outdoor, it'll play outdoor. I've foudn you really need to crank the radio soundin this scenario vs radio.
Old 07-12-2018, 12:21 PM   #8

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by srodsimpson View Post
In my 2018 the 32" Furrion TV above the kitchen sink has audio RCA output going to the dash radio av-in. I can set the radio to av-in option an hear the output from kitchen TV. I put a blu-ray player behind the kitchen TV with a HDMI splitter to output to both kitchen TV and the bedroom TV. I can hear the blu-ray on the coach speakers with the AV-in on the radio. I have also used my laptop through the same HDMI splitter and the bluetooth option on the radio.

The outside 24" Furrion TV doesn't have any audio output going to the radio. Bluetooth would save you from running wires to the dash radio. I do not think the TV can power the outside speakers direct without an audio amp.
Old 07-12-2018, 02:11 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk06382 View Post
In my 2018 the 32" Furrion TV above the kitchen sink has audio RCA output going to the dash radio av-in. I can set the radio to av-in option an hear the output from kitchen TV. I put a blu-ray player behind the kitchen TV with a HDMI splitter to output to both kitchen TV and the bedroom TV. I can hear the blu-ray on the coach speakers with the AV-in on the radio. I have also used my laptop through the same HDMI splitter and the bluetooth option on the radio.

The outside 24" Furrion TV doesn't have any audio output going to the radio. Bluetooth would save you from running wires to the dash radio. I do not think the TV can power the outside speakers direct without an audio amp.
So yeah, sounds like they kept the setup the same from my 2016. It sucks having to set the inside tv to the same as outside to get the outside speakers to work, but better than nothing.
Old 07-12-2018, 02:37 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by rk06382 View Post
Get a Bluetooth tv transmitter.

Amazon: Bluetooth tv transmitter

I have used bluetooth from my laptop to the connect to the front radio and output to the speakers.

Let us know what you come up with.
Quote:
So yeah, sounds like they kept the setup the same from my 2016. It sucks having to set the inside tv to the same as outside to get the outside speakers to work, but better than nothing.
Like I mentioned in post #2 use a bluetooth transmitter.

Example: Amazon: AROUSE Bluetooth Transmitter Connected to 3.5mm Audio Devices, USB Powered, Stream Music From an Older Non-Bluetooth Device

Connect to the audio output of outside TV.
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180709_205250 TV Crop.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	434.9 KB
ID:	179259

ps I have never turned on my outside TV but that is a picture of the audio output from my outside TV.
Old 07-14-2018, 06:56 PM   #11

I have a 2017 FR328DS. I had no idea you could play the TV through the dash radio and entertainment system. Learn something every day on this forum. I did have to go into the setup mode on the dash radio and turn on the AV in Mode. Very happy as we watch a lot of Netflix and Amazon movies.
HortMi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2018, 10:52 AM   #12

Sure enough if you go into mode and enable AV your TV will route sound through whatever speakers you have selected from your dashboard switches. Thanks so much for the tip!

Tags
fr3