Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-08-2018, 04:40 PM   #1
New Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2018
Location: Hendersonville
Posts: 9
2018 FR3 30ds outside tv

My outside tv has no connection to the external speakers. Has anyone modified or added a switch from the tv to the speakers below it? If so could you share what you did. I am thinking some kind of AB switch for the speakers.
__________________

Woody51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2018, 05:50 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
rk06382's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Alaska
Posts: 962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody51 View Post
My outside tv has no connection to the external speakers. Has anyone modified or added a switch from the tv to the speakers below it? If so could you share what you did. I am thinking some kind of AB switch for the speakers.
Get a Bluetooth tv transmitter.

Amazon: Bluetooth tv transmitter

I have used bluetooth from my laptop to the connect to the front radio and output to the speakers.

Let us know what you come up with.
__________________

__________________
Robert
2018 FR3 28DS
Samlex EVO-3012 Inverter/Charger| 400ah Battle Born LiFePO4 | Victron BMV-712 & MPPT 100/50 | 800W Renogy Solar | Fan-Tastic Fans | Blue Ox TruCenter | Dometic 320 | SnapPads |
Solar Power & Battle Born batteries thread
rk06382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 07:20 AM   #3
Member
 
KsWhoDat's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2013
Location: Olathe, Kansas
Posts: 78
Your outside speakers should be connected to your entertainment center, which is connected to your tv(s). On my 2014 FR3, there are A, B & C buttons which control the inside and outside speakers. Check your entertainment manual that you should have received.
__________________
Jim & Cyndi
2014 FR3 30DS
2005 Dodge Dakota 4WD
KsWhoDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2018, 11:11 AM   #4
Member
 
HortMi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Midtown Mobile
Posts: 56
2017 FR3 28DS
My outside TV is connected to the speakers below it. they are also connected to the entertaiment system in the dash. However when the TV is playing the sound is not very loud even at full volume. The entertainment system works great!
HortMi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 08:35 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
Knoxie89's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody51 View Post
My outside tv has no connection to the external speakers. Has anyone modified or added a switch from the tv to the speakers below it? If so could you share what you did. I am thinking some kind of AB switch for the speakers.
I don't know about the 2018, but on my 2016 I just set the inside tv to the same channel and then change from 'living room speakers' to 'outside speakers' on the toggle switch under the radio and set the radio to av-in option.
__________________
FR3 Fuelly
Knoxie89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 10:02 AM   #6
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: East Peoria, IL
Posts: 9
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoxie89 View Post
I don't know about the 2018, but on my 2016 I just set the inside tv to the same channel and then change from 'living room speakers' to 'outside speakers' on the toggle switch under the radio and set the radio to av-in option.
My 2018 has the same issue.. TV's are not connected to the entertainment system and I have not found any switches - also no mention of it in any of the documentation Tha I can find.
__________________
Rod & Kathi Simpson
FR3 30DS class a Motorhome
srodsimpson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 11:00 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
Knoxie89's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by srodsimpson View Post
My 2018 has the same issue.. TV's are not connected to the entertainment system and I have not found any switches - also no mention of it in any of the documentation Tha I can find.
My 2016 didn't have any documentation either. If you look behind your main TV you should see if there are any RCA (red/white/yellow) cables plugged in. If there are red/white cables plugged into the 'audio out' area, its likely they run back to the radio, and if you put the radio in AV mode and 'living room speakers' it should do sound over the interior ceiling speakers, and if you select outdoor, it'll play outdoor. I've foudn you really need to crank the radio soundin this scenario vs radio.
__________________
FR3 Fuelly
Knoxie89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 12:21 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
rk06382's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Alaska
Posts: 962
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoxie89 View Post
I don't know about the 2018, but on my 2016 I just set the inside tv to the same channel and then change from 'living room speakers' to 'outside speakers' on the toggle switch under the radio and set the radio to av-in option.
Quote:
Originally Posted by srodsimpson View Post
My 2018 has the same issue.. TV's are not connected to the entertainment system and I have not found any switches - also no mention of it in any of the documentation Tha I can find.
In my 2018 the 32" Furrion TV above the kitchen sink has audio RCA output going to the dash radio av-in. I can set the radio to av-in option an hear the output from kitchen TV. I put a blu-ray player behind the kitchen TV with a HDMI splitter to output to both kitchen TV and the bedroom TV. I can hear the blu-ray on the coach speakers with the AV-in on the radio. I have also used my laptop through the same HDMI splitter and the bluetooth option on the radio.

The outside 24" Furrion TV doesn't have any audio output going to the radio. Bluetooth would save you from running wires to the dash radio. I do not think the TV can power the outside speakers direct without an audio amp.
__________________
Robert
2018 FR3 28DS
Samlex EVO-3012 Inverter/Charger| 400ah Battle Born LiFePO4 | Victron BMV-712 & MPPT 100/50 | 800W Renogy Solar | Fan-Tastic Fans | Blue Ox TruCenter | Dometic 320 | SnapPads |
Solar Power & Battle Born batteries thread
rk06382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 02:11 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Knoxie89's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2016
Posts: 232
Quote:
Originally Posted by rk06382 View Post
In my 2018 the 32" Furrion TV above the kitchen sink has audio RCA output going to the dash radio av-in. I can set the radio to av-in option an hear the output from kitchen TV. I put a blu-ray player behind the kitchen TV with a HDMI splitter to output to both kitchen TV and the bedroom TV. I can hear the blu-ray on the coach speakers with the AV-in on the radio. I have also used my laptop through the same HDMI splitter and the bluetooth option on the radio.

The outside 24" Furrion TV doesn't have any audio output going to the radio. Bluetooth would save you from running wires to the dash radio. I do not think the TV can power the outside speakers direct without an audio amp.
So yeah, sounds like they kept the setup the same from my 2016. It sucks having to set the inside tv to the same as outside to get the outside speakers to work, but better than nothing.
__________________
FR3 Fuelly
Knoxie89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2018, 02:37 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
rk06382's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Alaska
Posts: 962
Quote:
Originally Posted by rk06382 View Post
Get a Bluetooth tv transmitter.

Amazon: Bluetooth tv transmitter

I have used bluetooth from my laptop to the connect to the front radio and output to the speakers.

Let us know what you come up with.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Knoxie89 View Post
So yeah, sounds like they kept the setup the same from my 2016. It sucks having to set the inside tv to the same as outside to get the outside speakers to work, but better than nothing.
Like I mentioned in post #2 use a bluetooth transmitter.

Example: Amazon: AROUSE Bluetooth Transmitter Connected to 3.5mm Audio Devices, USB Powered, Stream Music From an Older Non-Bluetooth Device

Connect to the audio output of outside TV.
Click image for larger version

Name:	20180709_205250 TV Crop.jpg
Views:	47
Size:	434.9 KB
ID:	179259

ps I have never turned on my outside TV but that is a picture of the audio output from my outside TV.
__________________

__________________
Robert
2018 FR3 28DS
Samlex EVO-3012 Inverter/Charger| 400ah Battle Born LiFePO4 | Victron BMV-712 & MPPT 100/50 | 800W Renogy Solar | Fan-Tastic Fans | Blue Ox TruCenter | Dometic 320 | SnapPads |
Solar Power & Battle Born batteries thread
rk06382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fr3

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:18 AM.