Old 08-09-2019, 05:29 PM   #1

2019 fr3 33ds

Tuesday we will be taking delivery of a new 2019 FR3 33DS. We will be picking it up in SW Michigan and driving it back home to NE Florida. Other than the slide out recall are there any other issues we should be aware of or watch out for? Also, what are your likes and dislikes about this model?

Old 08-11-2019, 10:55 AM   #2

I don't have an answer for your specific questions however I would advise that you spend a couple of days camping close by the dealership before departing the area to ensure all systems are working as they should test everything no matter how trivial it may seem. Do a very complete PDI. good luck

2016 Flagstaff 26 FKWS
AF&AM & El Korah Shrine of Idaho
SeaDog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2019, 08:54 PM   #3

Fr3

I like my 2019 fr3 30 ds. I did do a bunch of work. I’m almost there as far as quieting the cabin you will likely want to do that on your first trip. I grabbed some chair felts from wall mart and stuck them to the rattling grill. I also added some foam tape to the front doors of the grill to keep them from rattling. That should quiet the cabin for your first trip. Look at the toilet and see if it is a 300 model if so phone the serial no to dynatec. They will tell you if it is in a recoil. If so there good to deal with. Forest river has done a great job with warranted items through closer dealerships we also bought a long way away and there has been minor crap to deal with. Rest assured the unit is cheeper for a reason. But saying that the bones are the same as the more expensive cousins. Ford is the same. The leveling system is the same etc etc etc. The word work and the finishes are cheeper some will have to be replaces or recovered early because of price. We all know that. But the fr3 is a good lower class a class. Welcome to the fr3 group. We are for the most part happy with our product as far as I cam see. I am only a new member also. I like my unit it’s new. I did a bunch of up grades as I am A rv owner for a long time. Have a great first trip congratulations
Iankerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 09:43 AM   #4

33DS 9 Month Update

Gatch Ready here we go!

We’ve owned ours since Nov 2018 and here is our take so far.
First: Youtube is your friend if you want to learn about RV Mods, this forum is also fantastic. You can DM me if you want to know more an I can send you pictures or more details.

We love our FR3, so far 1st year has been frustrating, but rewarding. I wish it was better build in terms of workmanship & pride that is appears, but noting so far has not been fixed, replaced or repaired.

Purchased in California get to know your Forest River Warranty Representative for your area of the country for the 1st year. We’ve have the following issues that while they covered 100% free of charge it has been a bit frustrating that these issues even have come up. Our West Coast Rep has been fantastic. The dealer we purchased from has while been friendly and willing to fix everything. They are in my opinion incompetent, hopefully your dealer or authorized RV Dealership does not follow what we experiences.

Issues (note this is with mine, so hope you have different experience.

NHTSA RECALL: 19V481 Slide
NHTSA RECALL : 18V768 about the Driver’s Side Window Shade May Lower Without Warning

Warranty:
Speedometer Computer was not coded for Goodyear tires, had to take to FORD for reprogram (Spedo was 10 MPH off)
Dining room table did not fit when down to a bed. Had to have Forrest River Custom make a table to the exact width between benches. When I mean exact I mean exact, Dining benches are out of square an in a trapezoid shape
Stove was not level when we went through checklist. Causing it to rattle when driving and burner grate to not fit.
Passenger side window leaks air when driving causing a whistle. (they would not fix that, but I stuffed weather-strip in channel)
Top Kitchen drawer does not lock when driving, had to replace latches
Slides looses its ability to slide out (twice) the control board required to be reprogrammed. There is a crazy sequence to make the slide learn.
Norcold refrigerator control board needed to be reprogrammed at authorized Norcold Dealer they gave 2 explanations. Board “could” have gotten wet when power washing the RV. I did not do that, or it was faulty.
NEW to me yesterday AC in living quarters starter to leak water. Going to call about that there are a few discussions on the forum)

Wishes/issues/Adds
Absolutely IMO install Sumo Springs on all 4 corners. Ride is smooth an amazing!
If you have money & time: Add Steering Stabilizer, Solar, Add Mattress Pad to bed, some form of water filtration system, inverter
RV Needs a dead pedal, you will find when driving your left foot needs something to rest on. (there are a few solutions in the forum)
Every so often add some lubricant to the rubber seal on the door. The rubber rubs against the RV when door is closed driving and it squeaks like crazy. WD40 to the rubber weather strip solved that.
The gas shock that holds the main door open has broken on my FV, go online and find a spare an keep it. Yours will break some day.
RV needs valve extensions on all 6 tires if you have TPMS. My TPMS are external, so I needed to add extensions to all my tires. Even if you don’t have TPMS, putting air in tire is almost impossible without them.
Fireplace face rattles when driving, solution remove the glass face of the fireplace when driving. noise will subside.
Screen door rattles like crazy when driving. Get some clear caulk. Place caulk around the rectangle face near the bottom (kick area) the caulk seals that metal to the frame. If I am unclear I will take a photo if you ask
Shower needs caulk, where the sides of the shower meet the shower pan area there was no caulk water would find its way in/up crack. I places clear caulk to seal this crack/area.
Get a pump to add oil, the oil filler cap is in a stupid crazy location, impossible to add oil without a pump
Get a small 12VDC water pump an place it near your water inlet if you are boondocking or not on hook ups an you need to add water, YOU CAN”T without a pump. We used the power from the under storage lights in the storage area. Let me know if you want more detail, I will take pictures.
Get a step stool to assist with climbing the ladder.
Change your water heater (or check it) anode rod. Ours at 3 months after we took ownership was gone (the material)
Placement of the video camera for the back up & signal cameras is useless. Pick up a 7” monitor online and hook up the video feed to that monitor.
We added a strip to the A Pillar where we can mount our GPS, Back Up Camera and gadgets.

Seems like a lot and it is, but the first year you will find things and or want to change things.

2019 FR3 33DS Motorhome
Travels California Coast & Beyond
robo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 05:09 PM   #5

Hi could you post a pic

The post for the monitor sounds interesting could you please send a pic.
Iankerr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 10:05 PM   #6

Gatch,

Definitely take the time at the dealership to go over ever operating system and make sure everything works before driving off the lot. We were told everything was working and there were no issues, but our coach was in the shop more than it was in our driveway the first year. I guess it was our own fault for taking delivery late in the day and not wanting to inconvenience the sales person going over the systems with us.
Hunter56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2019, 10:59 PM   #7

Iankerr-- will post this weekend when I next visit the RV

2019 FR3 33DS Motorhome
Old 08-13-2019, 10:20 AM   #8

Just a quick update as I said I would. absolutely 100% confirmed for my 2019 FR3 33DS, AC Started to leak in the Living Area over the weekend. I contacted

Attwood/Dometic via their website. part numbers are 3315930.010 and 3317230.000 will be shipped free of charge to my home. No questions asked!

Will fix both bedroom & Living Room AC

2019 FR3 33DS Motorhome
Old 08-20-2019, 11:12 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iankerr View Post
The post for the monitor sounds interesting could you please send a pic.
Here is my write up - fairly straight forward, but let me know if you need ore info

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1Q0..._limz7v96nUU1N

2019 FR3 33DS Motorhome
Old 08-20-2019, 01:17 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by robo44 View Post
Gatch Ready here we go!

We’ve owned ours since Nov 2018 and here is our take so far.
First: Youtube is your friend if you want to learn about RV Mods, this forum is also fantastic. You can DM me if you want to know more an I can send you pictures or more details.

We love our FR3, so far 1st year has been frustrating, but rewarding. I wish it was better build in terms of workmanship & pride that is appears, but noting so far has not been fixed, replaced or repaired.

Purchased in California get to know your Forest River Warranty Representative for your area of the country for the 1st year. We’ve have the following issues that while they covered 100% free of charge it has been a bit frustrating that these issues even have come up. Our West Coast Rep has been fantastic. The dealer we purchased from has while been friendly and willing to fix everything. They are in my opinion incompetent, hopefully your dealer or authorized RV Dealership does not follow what we experiences.

Issues (note this is with mine, so hope you have different experience.

NHTSA RECALL: 19V481 Slide
NHTSA RECALL : 18V768 about the Driver’s Side Window Shade May Lower Without Warning

Warranty:
Speedometer Computer was not coded for Goodyear tires, had to take to FORD for reprogram (Spedo was 10 MPH off)
Dining room table did not fit when down to a bed. Had to have Forrest River Custom make a table to the exact width between benches. When I mean exact I mean exact, Dining benches are out of square an in a trapezoid shape
Stove was not level when we went through checklist. Causing it to rattle when driving and burner grate to not fit.
Passenger side window leaks air when driving causing a whistle. (they would not fix that, but I stuffed weather-strip in channel)
Top Kitchen drawer does not lock when driving, had to replace latches
Slides looses its ability to slide out (twice) the control board required to be reprogrammed. There is a crazy sequence to make the slide learn.
Norcold refrigerator control board needed to be reprogrammed at authorized Norcold Dealer they gave 2 explanations. Board “could” have gotten wet when power washing the RV. I did not do that, or it was faulty.
NEW to me yesterday AC in living quarters starter to leak water. Going to call about that there are a few discussions on the forum)

Wishes/issues/Adds
Absolutely IMO install Sumo Springs on all 4 corners. Ride is smooth an amazing!
If you have money & time: Add Steering Stabilizer, Solar, Add Mattress Pad to bed, some form of water filtration system, inverter
RV Needs a dead pedal, you will find when driving your left foot needs something to rest on. (there are a few solutions in the forum)
Every so often add some lubricant to the rubber seal on the door. The rubber rubs against the RV when door is closed driving and it squeaks like crazy. WD40 to the rubber weather strip solved that.
The gas shock that holds the main door open has broken on my FV, go online and find a spare an keep it. Yours will break some day.
RV needs valve extensions on all 6 tires if you have TPMS. My TPMS are external, so I needed to add extensions to all my tires. Even if you don’t have TPMS, putting air in tire is almost impossible without them.
Fireplace face rattles when driving, solution remove the glass face of the fireplace when driving. noise will subside.
Screen door rattles like crazy when driving. Get some clear caulk. Place caulk around the rectangle face near the bottom (kick area) the caulk seals that metal to the frame. If I am unclear I will take a photo if you ask
Shower needs caulk, where the sides of the shower meet the shower pan area there was no caulk water would find its way in/up crack. I places clear caulk to seal this crack/area.
Get a pump to add oil, the oil filler cap is in a stupid crazy location, impossible to add oil without a pump
Get a small 12VDC water pump an place it near your water inlet if you are boondocking or not on hook ups an you need to add water, YOU CAN”T without a pump. We used the power from the under storage lights in the storage area. Let me know if you want more detail, I will take pictures.
Get a step stool to assist with climbing the ladder.
Change your water heater (or check it) anode rod. Ours at 3 months after we took ownership was gone (the material)
Placement of the video camera for the back up & signal cameras is useless. Pick up a 7” monitor online and hook up the video feed to that monitor.
We added a strip to the A Pillar where we can mount our GPS, Back Up Camera and gadgets.

Seems like a lot and it is, but the first year you will find things and or want to change things.
There is not supposed to be chalk here. it is not like a home shower. There is an overlap between the pan and shower wall to let any water that gets behind the wall to drain out. This has been covered many times here.

Frank

FrankMor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fr3