Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-26-2016, 05:54 PM   #1

50 Amp Panel

Again tough to be me/ Yes I know not smart/ But I have the solar in / inverter /now ready to install 2nd Air/ Want to upgrade to 50 Amp / Could not find link to those that have done this. Looking for a recommendation as to Panel/

Appreciate input/ Thank u

Jeff/ Bear
Bearister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 06:13 PM   #2

Do you know what is required to upgrade from 30amp to 50 amp? It is not as easy as replacing the panel. You will have to change the plug side of the unit. You will also have to change the wiring from the plug to the panel.
caper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2016, 06:56 PM   #3

Tnx

Thank u/ Looking for recommendation as to an actual panel.
Old 07-26-2016, 09:08 PM   #4

Yes it can be converted from 30 amp to 50 amp service. It would be a process of changing the distribution panel or adding a second distribution panel to the travel trailer. I don’t recommend that you attempt this yourself. This should be done by a professional. It could take up to 8 hours of labor, changing the shore cord and rewiring your distribution panel.

It maybe best to purchase the 50 amp version of the same distro panel you have. It could be the same size and similar layout to make for an easier install.
BBQGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 10:24 AM   #5

Pull the door off your distribution panel and verify its a Progressive Dynamics PD5500 series panel. Which I believe so, but double check. Then you could possibly just buy a drop in replacement. That panel is made in various version. The one we have install from the factory just has the RH 30 amp bus. I personally hate the door design. We have to lay down to see/flip the circuit breakers. Might see about rotating it 180 degrees...

PD5500 Series AC Power Distribution Panels
http://www.progressivedyn.com/pdfs/f...ne_catalog.pdf

This one is a 50/30 bus.
PD55B006 [PD55B04] - $69.95 : RV Power Parts Plus, Discount store for all your RV & Marine Electrical needs. Featuring the most trusted Manufacturers in the industry: Iota DLS Converters, Transfer Switches, Magnum Energy Inverters, Parallax Power Com
KansasFR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2016, 04:15 PM   #6

Thank u very much/ beat advice I have received/ call them and very helpful

Bear

Tags
50 amp