Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-17-2019, 09:28 AM   #61

I received my plenum in the late fall, and the trim cover is on its way. Hopefully this fixes the flood. Too bad they couldn't have made it big enough to cover the existing holes, without the need of a trim kit.
Old 04-17-2019, 10:57 AM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by BAJAG View Post
My dealer Giant Recreation World in Ormond Beach FL found that there was a recall on the AC units on our 2018 FR3 30DS came with and replaced ours.....no more leaks.
The dealer said they replaced ours but it looks just like the one the was there before, is there a difference in look?
Capt6pak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2019, 11:23 AM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt6pak View Post
The dealer said they replaced ours but it looks just like the one the was there before, is there a difference in look?
Here’s what the modification looks like when completed. Notice the trim piece which is separate from the main grill. If yours doesn’t have the trim and if the grill (not the trim ring) touches the ceiling trim piece then it’s pretty obvious the dealer is lying to you.

Also, if yours still has the three screws on each side to hold the grill in place (see the first picture in post #7) then you definitely do not have the correct mod.

Old 04-19-2019, 06:17 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by krhutchings View Post
Hi All,
Update on the install.

I contacted Dometic and requested 2 of the part # 3315930.010.
customersupportcenter@dometic.com

The items were sent out right away along with an email that they are working on a trim piece because this one is a bit smaller than the original.

Install...
Removed 6 screw covers and square nut screws from old vent cover and it pops off.
Attachment 189540

Used 13mm ratchet, then after a few turns, a screw gun to remove the 4 long bolts securing the black plastic cover.
Attachment 189541Attachment 189542

After inspection I built up some of the foil, about 1 1/2 inches where the new vent will contact the left and right sides of the wall. This would be to prevent air from slipping by.
Attachment 189543

Attached the long angled baffle to the short one on the main bracket. The tape is on the short one, peeled it and stuck it on.
Attachment 189546

Placed up large opening forward and reinstalled the 4 long bolts that attach to the upper unit. My understanding is there should only be 5-7 lbs of torque since you do not want to over compress the foam gasket. This also lets you tighten as the years go by and the gasket naturally compresses.

This is where I am not sure if the white insulation goes on the front or the back of the baffle. I cut and placed on the front side because there is a bit extra on each side which I felt would help hold everything in place.Attachment 1Attachment 189547

Pop out the filter and vent from new cover carefully with a flat head screwdriver.
Attachment 189548

Place with large opening forward and screw into place with supplies square head screws.

Attachment 189549

I did use 4 of the original screws to secure the vent to the ceiling. I am not sure this was needed.

Snapped in the filter and vent.

It does seem like a larger flow of air with the vent open and with a larger intake I hope it will address the issue of the air pressure holding the condensation water in and not preventing it to drain.

I can not test if it has fixed the issue since it has dropped into the 30’s in New Jersey.

Waiting for the trim piece that they will be sending to cover the 6 holes.

Hope this helps!

Ken
Installed my new parts today. Easy using post 17's instructions except I had no white foam insulation strip to attach to the front of the baffle as shown in the Step below. Is that needed?
See para below.
From post 17:
This is where I am not sure if the white insulation goes on the front or the back of the baffle. I cut and placed on the front side because there is a bit extra on each side which I felt would help hold everything in place.Attachment 1

lickem66 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2019, 01:24 PM   #65

Spoke with Sharon from Dometic who was a sweetie and she was able to get me 2 ordered today from Washington State... I'm not very handy, but hope I can get these in and looking good or should I wait until I bring the RV into the shop next?
str8edg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 12:30 PM   #66

Just proactively called and ordered 2 for our 32DS to install before our first big road trip this month - didn't even need to give the service bulletin #, she knew exactly what I was calling about and sent 2 via UPS Next Day Air. Impressive!
Griswards is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2019, 01:49 PM   #67

Quote:
Originally Posted by lickem66 View Post
Installed my new parts today. Easy using post 17's instructions except I had no white foam insulation strip to attach to the front of the baffle as shown in the Step below. Is that needed?
See para below.
From post 17:
This is where I am not sure if the white insulation goes on the front or the back of the baffle. I cut and placed on the front side because there is a bit extra on each side which I felt would help hold everything in place.Attachment 1
You will need the foam piece, call to get it . It is placed on the front side of the metal plate supplied with the new kit. It keeps the temp difference between the intake air and the output air.

I placed the new kits & trim piece on the 2 AC's on our FR3 32DS and it was easy to install.

Our 2017 FR3 coach is now up for sale. It is a great coach , if anyone is interested in it.
We purchased a pre owned Palazzo diesel Pusher.
Kentucky Bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2019, 07:36 PM   #68

We had our mini split vents leaking water in our condo and it turned out to be low on refrigerant...down 3lbs on a 5lb system
lazbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2019, 08:14 AM   #69

Thanks but the dealer installed the factory filter replacement and it fixed the problem
Master gunner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2019, 10:17 AM   #70

absolutely 100% confirmed for my 2019 FR3 33DS, AC Started to leak in the Living Area over the weekend. I contacted Attwood/Dometic via their website. part numbers are 3315930.010 and 3317230.000 will be shipped free of charge to my home. No questions asked!
2019 57:2020 20:2021 30:2022 46:2023 47:2024 7
robo44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 07:01 AM   #71

My a/c did the same thing. Cleaned the air filter and fixed it .
Frameman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 10:23 AM   #72

Mine would leak with the filter pulled out on a real hot and humid day. The dealer fix works until the filters get dirty
Master gunner is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
fr3, leak