Old 07-20-2016, 11:04 AM   #11

"thanks for helping out WD, You said you had a similar issue, meaning you had alot of noise while travelling and what appears to be a physical movement of the slide while moving too?
Odds are is that i will handle this myself. it just has to be a cable adjustment, not holding it in tight enough while retracted thereby allowing the slide to shift front to back at least up to 3/4"". You know the local rv service center said slide movement like that is normal, but the noise isn't. I just can't comprehend the slide should be able to move like that. i have a hard time believing it.

I plan on popping the trim off and looking it over. The cables do appear to have proper tension. The person from Norco said he has seen these issues with the screw heads gouging the vertical alignment tracker rollers (black in color).

I watched a good video on youtube about the accuslide (stripped down naked) and noticed the bearing is mainly on the end rollers. Also, the end rollers appear to have a compression rubber that they install underneath to act as resistance and help push the roller upward against the slide. i must check to make sure they are still there.

Old 07-20-2016, 10:29 PM   #12

update. rv service center said there was nothing wrong the cable system. they did add a rubber membrane they use for patching roofs under each slide where each roller would sit when retracted. that did it. no more noise. just traveled 200 some miles with no noise. yes! still an underlining thing i think tho.

Old 07-21-2016, 04:00 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Combatcoal View Post
update. rv service center said there was nothing wrong the cable system. they did add a rubber membrane they use for patching roofs under each slide where each roller would sit when retracted. that did it. no more noise. just traveled 200 some miles with no noise. yes! still an underlining thing i think tho.
Thanks for the info. I'm glad it's working, It a good reliable system, much better then Schwintek. This is the first I heard of the rubber being used but I'm also not a repair person. Just sounds strange that it could move on you by sliding on the roller horizontally. I will keep that is my memory bank. Glad it's working for you. Check back in again now and then and let us know how well that repair is working, Safe travels to you and yours...

Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide, slide out