Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-30-2018, 07:07 PM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 36
Adding a Brake Controller to FR3 28ds

Hi,
I purchased a brake controller for my 2015 28ds fr3 motorhome based on a recommendation from another FR3 owner. I cannot find the adapter behind the speedo/gauges or underneath or around the steering column. My FR3 came wired with a 7 prong adapter for my trailer. The 7 prong adapter powers up the trailer lights.
Is it possible they did not run the wire with the adapter to behind my dash or can somebody provide me a tip on where to find the controller adapter? Please call me at 307-670-0510.
Thanks,
Bob
__________________

Dolce2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 08:32 AM   #2
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 36
Hi Again,
To add to my question, does anybody know of a resource I can call who is familiar with the FR3s and can advise me on if the FR3 came equipped with a controller adapter?


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
__________________

Dolce2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 08:53 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
jd-ford-hd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolce2017 View Post
Hi Again,
To add to my question, does anybody know of a resource I can call who is familiar with the FR3s and can advise me on if the FR3 came equipped with a controller adapter?


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Is this on a Ford chassis?
__________________
"IF IT AINT GOT A MOTOR, I AINT INTERESTED"
jd-ford-hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 08:57 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
jd-ford-hd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2009
Location: Middle Tennessee
Posts: 162
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolce2017 View Post
Hi Again,
To add to my question, does anybody know of a resource I can call who is familiar with the FR3s and can advise me on if the FR3 came equipped with a controller adapter?


Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
If it is a Ford, go to this thread where I posted pics on finding the controller harness.
2008 Georgetown Brake controller connector
__________________
"IF IT AINT GOT A MOTOR, I AINT INTERESTED"
jd-ford-hd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 02:08 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
rk06382's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Alaska
Posts: 961
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolce2017 View Post
Hi,
I purchased a brake controller for my 2015 28ds fr3 motorhome based on a recommendation from another FR3 owner. I cannot find the adapter behind the speedo/gauges or underneath or around the steering column. My FR3 came wired with a 7 prong adapter for my trailer. The 7 prong adapter powers up the trailer lights.
Is it possible they did not run the wire with the adapter to behind my dash or can somebody provide me a tip on where to find the controller adapter? Please call me at 307-670-0510.
Thanks,
Bob
My FR3 came with a brake controller. It is installed on the right above the gas pedal.
__________________
Robert
2018 FR3 28DS
Samlex EVO-3012 Inverter/Charger| 400ah Battle Born LiFePO4 | Victron BMV-712 & MPPT 100/50 | 800W Renogy Solar | Fan-Tastic Fans | Blue Ox TruCenter | Dometic 320 | SnapPads |
Solar Power & Battle Born batteries thread
rk06382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 02:33 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: British Columbia Canada
Posts: 294
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolce2017 View Post
Hi,
I purchased a brake controller for my 2015 28ds fr3 motorhome based on a recommendation from another FR3 owner. I cannot find the adapter behind the speedo/gauges or underneath or around the steering column. My FR3 came wired with a 7 prong adapter for my trailer. The 7 prong adapter powers up the trailer lights.
Is it possible they did not run the wire with the adapter to behind my dash or can somebody provide me a tip on where to find the controller adapter? Please call me at 307-670-0510.
Thanks,
Bob
Believe it is behind instrument cluster, may be necessary to remove instrument panel, very easy. Or look up along steering column.

Instead of trying to get under dash with the doghouse and seat in the way it is fairly simple job to remove drivers seat and pedestal. Four bolts on floor at base of pedestal, bolts will not drop through to ground.
cariboo camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2018, 03:39 PM   #7
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 36
Thanks, i found the connector. The connector was under the steering column and plugged into a connector that lead to a series of 5 wires that were taped together and stuffed up above the steering column. It was hard to find because the connector was not connected to the series of wires instead of being an open connector. Bob
Dolce2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 06:46 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
Antone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yorba Linda, CA
Posts: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolce2017 View Post
Thanks, i found the connector. The connector was under the steering column and plugged into a connector that lead to a series of 5 wires that were taped together and stuffed up above the steering column. It was hard to find because the connector was not connected to the series of wires instead of being an open connector. Bob


Can you share a photo?

Thank you,

Antone
Antone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2018, 11:24 PM   #9
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2017
Posts: 36
I donít have a picture as I installed this summer. I could FaceTime wth u and help u find the connector if that will help. Text me at 307-670-0510 and give me a couple of times . Bob
Dolce2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2018, 12:30 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Antone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2015
Location: Yorba Linda, CA
Posts: 264
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dolce2017 View Post
I donít have a picture as I installed this summer. I could FaceTime wth u and help u find the connector if that will help. Text me at 307-670-0510 and give me a couple of times . Bob


Wow, thank you Bob, thatís quite a kind offer. I will try this Saturday. My FR3 is stored a few miles from home. I need to replace a light anyway, so that gives me an excuse to head over there. If not, perhaps 11-17? I have to pick it up for our Thanksgiving holiday trip that day.
__________________

Antone is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
brake control, controller, fr3

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:58 AM.