Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-06-2014, 06:23 PM   #21

So I've been a little crazy applying command strips and doing other little projects:

Installed a door stop on the bathroom door, it would never line up even when level Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1389050290.135942.jpg
Views:	114
Size:	10.7 KB
ID:	44600

Notice the towel hanger on the door...Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1389050341.822027.jpg
Views:	160
Size:	10.9 KB
ID:	44601

Stuck some small holders on the wall...Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1389050399.249203.jpg
Views:	110
Size:	9.9 KB
ID:	44602
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1389050416.790302.jpg
Views:	129
Size:	14.6 KB
ID:	44603

Also installed a MaxxAir Smoke color vent cover (sorry no pic)

What's all this mean? Getting ready to go on a short trip soon.
Rolling Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 10:46 AM   #22

Looks good, Rolling Magic! My door has the same issue, but I never thought of a door stop. I did an over the door basket/hooks for shower and bathroom stuff that works pretty good.

Also, really like the pantry photos from earlier. I'll have to try that in ours, although I will miss the only tall cabinet in the coach.

Thanks for all the pictures!
spicyrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 11:11 AM   #23

Looks good, but don't hang too much on the doors. They are REALLY thin and not much holding them to the jamb (if you can call a very thin strip of wood-type substance a jamb). The doors slab sides (most) are just glued to the inside frame and will, with heat, weight and time, slip around and come loose. Had it happen on a Grey Wolf I had and reglued then air-nailed the slabs back in place, no more problems.
Master Blaster of the Navy
BigTJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2014, 11:47 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigTJohn View Post
Looks good, but don't hang too much on the doors. They are REALLY thin and not much holding them to the jamb (if you can call a very thin strip of wood-type substance a jamb). The doors slab sides (most) are just glued to the inside frame and will, with heat, weight and time, slip around and come loose. Had it happen on a Grey Wolf I had and reglued then air-nailed the slabs back in place, no more problems.

Big John, I know those doors are thin. I plan to just hang my towel, cause DW uses all the other hook in the bathroom. So far they are holing and no apparent stress (fingers crossed). Thanks for your comments.
Rolling Magic is offline   Reply With Quote