Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-06-2017, 01:45 PM   #1

Air bubble on Roof

Hello FR3 people!
Has anyone had any issues with their Roof bubbling? I inspect my Roof every 2 weeks, and yesterday I found a 2'-0" long, 1 " wide bubble steaming from the antenna area. Will it continue to spread? Can I do anything about it? If so, what is the best solution?

Thanks

Nelly
DaRealDeal77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 07:48 PM   #2

What year is your FR3. I bought a brand new 2016 32DS in july 2016. First trip out started getting a bubble up front, ended up tearing up the whole roof before I got back from my trip from Texas to California and back. It was replaced at Camping World but still having issues, now leaking water,

I would get it fixed ASAP before it get worse.
jumpstart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2017, 11:44 PM   #3

Thanks Jumpstart! I took it to an authorized dealer this morning and they told me it was okay, but I'm going for a second opinion
DaRealDeal77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 07:21 AM   #4

hehe....u just got your second opinion from jumpstart. ", ended up tearing up the whole roof........now leaking water"
Combatcoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2017, 08:21 AM   #5

Definitely get this fixed ASAP! You gotta find out where the air is getting under it and stop that besides getting the bubbled spot to lay flat. We were driving from FL to NY once and saw two rvs with their roof bubbled up on the highway to the point the bus was 3' taller than it should be! I'm sure they hit the roof bubble on the next overpass.
Old 06-07-2017, 09:04 AM   #6
edm

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaRealDeal77 View Post
Hello FR3 people!
Has anyone had any issues with their Roof bubbling? I inspect my Roof every 2 weeks, and yesterday I found a 2'-0" long, 1 " wide bubble steaming from the antenna area. Will it continue to spread? Can I do anything about it? If so, what is the best solution?

Thanks

Nelly
We had that happen in the same place last year. the antenna broke loose and started letting air in under neath the roofing. The roof had to be completely replaced by Forest River. I removed the antenna before they replaced the roof and told the dealer not to put it back on. The antenna is heavy and has very little support so it will come loose.
Hope this helps.
edm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2017, 09:25 AM   #7

Fix it

Roof bubbles should always be fixed. Probably water got in as well as air. I would remove the antenna, inject some silicone into the bubble through a tube, and squeeze the excess out. Then remount and seal the antenna. I'm not sure I'd trust a dealer to do that, but some dealers would probably fix it well. Just not your dealer who thinks it is o.k.

Tags
roo, roof