Old 11-17-2014, 11:36 PM   #11
We have the same coach, with the same issues, and have looked into getting a second A/C. We've been told that if we do, we'll lose the vent in the bedroom and it would be on a separate system, which doesn't bother us much, since there are openable windows back there anyway. In the meantime, we're running the house A/C for a little while on the generator before we reach our destination. That coupled with the front A/C seems to cool it down fairly well.

Landshark1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2014, 11:36 AM   #12
So I've been looking into it and we'd have to run wire and install a new breaker in the panel for another AC unit. On top of that, the existing generator wouldn't be able to run both AC's at the same time.

Had I known this we wouldn't have bought this rig. A friend of my wife's bought the same rig and has had the same issues from the same dealer, and now is in contact with an attorney to see if there are any legal options. I'll let you guys know how it turns out.

Has anyone put another AC unit on the FR3 yet? If so, what was the experience and outcome?

2015 FR3 30

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums

MaltnHops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2014, 05:07 PM   #13
I managed to survive at Road Atlanta for Nationals in 93* heat, 80% humidity, sitting on blacktop. Contrary to popular belief, the A/C CAN keep up, but there are some things you need to do to help it along. Things like:

1. Positioning the RV to manipulate how the sun hits it, if possible. For instance, we were parked in the pro paddock facing north. We rolled the awning out in the morning to keep the sun off the side of the RV

2. Keep the shades closed. Use vent insulation pads.

3. Close the bathroom sliding door and open the dump flap. Yes, this will limit you to staying mostly in the living area and out of the bedroom.

Even in this case, the living area was comfortable, and by the time the sun set, we could switch back to the vents and the bedroom/shower area was comfortable again. No point in cooling space youre not using...

cucamelsmd15 is offline   Reply With Quote

air conditioner