Old 05-14-2015, 04:40 PM   #11
I just had these installed on my rig.
Tire-Man: Home Page

RailwayRog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-14-2015, 09:29 PM   #12
I agree with a few others I've talked to and read here on the Forum- Forest River should provide as original equipment valve extenders for the rear tires so us end users can actually check air pressure and add air when needed without having to remove the wheel cover. It shouldn't be that big of a deal or that costly to install the proper length valve stems on tires at the factory. Hope someone at the factory reads this!!

stickers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 09:07 AM   #13
I had a local tire shop install Dully valve chrome valve stems instead of putting extenders on and introducing a point of failure. The kit comes with four stems and then I also bought the fronts.

This requires the tires to be removed and remounted balanced. I did it so I could add TST pass thru tire pressure monitors.
Technorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 09:14 AM   #14
Techno, Cost?
Jason and Karen
2015 Forester 3051S
KJcachers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2015, 09:58 AM   #15

Borg equipment sells the valves. The chrome kit of four is about $110. Not cheap. Turns out my truck tire guy had an entire assortment of brass ones on hand.

Also the cost of the dismounting valve insert, mount and balance of six tires was $210. So if you are serious about monitoring your tire pressure and temp with a remote it's not cheap. I spent almost as much on the valves and mounting as I did on the TST monitor. For those on a budget, I'd suggest adding the longer valves just so you can add air (without having to remove the fave wheel covers) and use a cheap digital tire gauge manually.

One last note. While I was at the tire place getting this done, another Rv came in to have his tires rotated. The tire guy asked him, How long have you been driving on that inside rear FLAT tire? The Rv owner didn't even know he had the inner flat!
Technorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 07:08 AM   #16
I stopped in at Camping World the other day and noticed they have valve extensions (I think they were about $15 or $20).

Jay & Jane (Jazzy and Jewel, too)
2014 FR3 30DS
Twin Cities, MN

Live Aloha
spicyrv is offline   Reply With Quote