Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-22-2015, 11:18 AM   #21

Eric, can you provide the name/website of the company that supplied the "lift-up" TV mount that is in the living room of the 2014 FR3 (or even the newer ones in the 2015/16). I'd like to add a tv in the bedroom and don't want to reinvent the wheel. thanks.
Old 10-22-2015, 11:21 AM   #22
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by KsWhoDat View Post
Eric, can you provide the name/website of the company that supplied the "lift-up" TV mount that is in the living room of the 2014 FR3 (or even the newer ones in the 2015/16). I'd like to add a tv in the bedroom and don't want to reinvent the wheel. thanks.
Have you tried morryde?
Last I knew that's where fr bought alot of mounts.
I could be wrong.
Look under "specialty " I believe I seen a lift up unit.
http://www.morryde.com/product-category/1-tv-mounts

TURBS
2008 duramax
2015 columbus 320RS
2015 camping "31 nights"
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 12:11 PM   #23

Not sure if true, but 2 years ago when I visited the FR3 factory in Elkart, I asked Steve the FR3 rep at the time about where the TV mount had come from. Which on the original FR3 30DS was the 2nd biggest selling feature he said they had been made locally by his friend and we're not mass produced. I've never seen them any where else. I had same idea 2 years ago. Kinda gave up when a TV I already had fit it cubie hole and couldn't fall out.
Steve left FR over a year ago.
StephanFR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 12:24 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephanFR3 View Post
Not sure if true, but 2 years ago when I visited the FR3 factory in Elkart, I asked Steve the FR3 rep at the time about where the TV mount had come from. Which on the original FR3 30DS was the 2nd biggest selling feature he said they had been made locally by his friend and we're not mass produced. I've never seen them any where else. I had same idea 2 years ago. Kinda gave up when a TV I already had fit it cubie hole and couldn't fall out.
Steve left FR over a year ago.
He must have been quite busy making them individually for the FR3s

yea, I've done a lot of google searches and visited a lot of sites, including the one mentioned above, and cannot seem to find the original mount, or the mounts that are in the newer ones (which come out sideways instead of up). Either one would work for me. I can plop one in the cubby hole also, but don't want to use that valuable space for the tv. And I've seen some of the "homemade" solutions, which look great, but might be more work than I want to attempt. ha ha

Hopefully Eric can provide an answer.
Old 10-22-2015, 02:28 PM   #25
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KsWhoDat View Post
He must have been quite busy making them individually for the FR3s

yea, I've done a lot of google searches and visited a lot of sites, including the one mentioned above, and cannot seem to find the original mount, or the mounts that are in the newer ones (which come out sideways instead of up). Either one would work for me. I can plop one in the cubby hole also, but don't want to use that valuable space for the tv. And I've seen some of the "homemade" solutions, which look great, but might be more work than I want to attempt. ha ha

Hopefully Eric can provide an answer.
Currently Morryde supplies our TV brackets, I could not find it on there website, but if you call and order it through my parts and service department at 574-206-7600, you should be able to order the original part.
FR3Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 02:55 PM   #26
HAPPY WHEN RV'ING

Hi Eric. I know others have said it but, thanks for making yourself available for questions.
I sent an email to Kathy Wing in parts and did get a reply from her about the Atwood door lock latch on our 2014 FR3 30 DS. She gave me a # for Atwood so I could purchase a, hopefully, better quality lock. Unfortunately she only gave me 9 digits. I sent her a reply asking for the # and also asked if a TriMark 1650 latch would work on the Atwood door. I have not heard back from her.
Could you please check on the Atwood # and also see if the TriMark latch would work.
Many thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Curt & Isabel, & 9er (our Goldendoodle)
2014 Forest River FR3 30DS (Beasty)
2014 Honda CRV EX-L (toad)

drivmsafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 07:37 PM   #27

Welcome Aboard

It's mighty nice to see an FR 3 professional on board.

We have a 2015 FR3 DS. Is it possible it was built without either a black tank wash out valve or a check valve between the fresh water and city water tanks? I'm sure I'll think of more questions over time.
Lexi2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 04:55 PM   #28

Eric,
Thanks for assistance. I am continually getting construction debris caught in my toilet valve. I have had to take it out and clean it 5 or more times now. Anything I can do to get it all out once and for all? Thanks
Old 10-23-2015, 05:01 PM   #29

Thanks for the reply Eric. Appreciated.

Antone

2015 Forest River FR3 30DS - No Ragrets

Toad - 2011 Jeep Wrangler
Antone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 01:47 PM   #30

I've got one of the first FR3s and have loved it for 2 years. Some minor problems that have been fixed under warrantee, others that I've fixed. My only complaint is the AC. It's pretty much useless. The dealer tells me it's fine and all I can expect is 10 degrees below ambient temp. That's okay when it's 80, but not so good at 104. The best i've seen so far is a 5 degree drop, from 97 to 92, not great for napping. I've noticed that the newer FR3s have upgraded the AC to a bigger unit and was told I could too, for $1,600. Not in my budget.
I guess I'll just keep the fans on.

Mandoholic and Bassbabe

2014 FR3 30DS

Salem, Oregon
Mandoholic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2015, 04:28 PM   #31

Eric welcome aboard

I have a question about the windshield. Ours leaked about a month ago and I looked everywhere to find the leak. I actually saw a drip from the top of the upper bunk. However I was unable to find out where it came from. The bed was dry and no signs of water. The computer tray had about an inch of water in it. I dried this out and put a piece of plastic and a towel on the dash to keep any water out. I have not seen any water in over three weeks. We have had some heavy down pours in North Carolina and no leaks. Do you think there is a leak or something else? Thanks for your help and thanks for being on the forum.
progolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2015, 07:57 AM   #32
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexi2007 View Post
It's mighty nice to see an FR 3 professional on board.

We have a 2015 FR3 DS. Is it possible it was built without either a black tank wash out valve or a check valve between the fresh water and city water tanks? I'm sure I'll think of more questions over time.
Depending on when the unit was built in 2015 would depend on where or not the unit has a black tank flush. This would have been something added around September last year from the manufacture. Dealers can still add the black tank flush system to a coach built before they were added in production.

The flush system works by directly back feeding water into your black tank. While this system sounds nice, they really only clean the same parts of the tank over and over again. we added them to the product because the customers were requesting them more often. The best way to maintain your black water tank is using RV toilet paper, and the proper chemicals to break down waste.
Old 10-26-2015, 08:03 AM   #33
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by progolfer View Post
I have a question about the windshield. Ours leaked about a month ago and I looked everywhere to find the leak. I actually saw a drip from the top of the upper bunk. However I was unable to find out where it came from. The bed was dry and no signs of water. The computer tray had about an inch of water in it. I dried this out and put a piece of plastic and a towel on the dash to keep any water out. I have not seen any water in over three weeks. We have had some heavy down pours in North Carolina and no leaks. Do you think there is a leak or something else? Thanks for your help and thanks for being on the forum.
The areas I would check the seal between the cap and the windshield, and the cap and the roof. Also i would check to make sure the winds are full closed. Also if water was coming in from the roof, and dripping down the side wall you would see some water marks on the wall board. If it keeps happening i would take it to a dealer and have them check the seal around the windshield, or the windows in the cab.
Old 10-26-2015, 09:42 AM   #34

Hello Eric, we have 2014 FR3 Purchased two years ago Sept. Our bedroom slide gearbox broke a gear, we spent a four month trip with the slider in operable. I called warranty and received no reply. There is a common problem with these gearboxes as the same thing happened on the main slider last year. Any chance I can get reimbursed for the repair on the bedroom?

niedobry1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 07:31 AM   #35
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by FireSurf View Post
Eric,
Thanks for assistance. I am continually getting construction debris caught in my toilet valve. I have had to take it out and clean it 5 or more times now. Anything I can do to get it all out once and for all? Thanks
The only thing i can think of for trying to get it all out at once would be to hook up water/air to the fill and let the system run for a few hours, As these could have gotten into a tank, are now somewhere in the lines.
Old 10-27-2015, 07:40 AM   #36
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by niedobry1 View Post
Hello Eric, we have 2014 FR3 Purchased two years ago Sept. Our bedroom slide gearbox broke a gear, we spent a four month trip with the slider in operable. I called warranty and received no reply. There is a common problem with these gearboxes as the same thing happened on the main slider last year. Any chance I can get reimbursed for the repair on the bedroom?

This would be something that I do not have the authority to say yes or no on. What I would say is that next time I would recommend going to a dealer during the trip, as many dealers will fit you in to get the unit fixed, as they recognize that travelers may have issues while on the road. I would try contacting Norco about the issue and see if they will do anything for you, as they are the supplier we use for the slide mechanism.
Old 10-27-2015, 08:04 AM   #37
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivmsafe View Post
Hi Eric. I know others have said it but, thanks for making yourself available for questions.
I sent an email to Kathy Wing in parts and did get a reply from her about the Atwood door lock latch on our 2014 FR3 30 DS. She gave me a # for Atwood so I could purchase a, hopefully, better quality lock. Unfortunately she only gave me 9 digits. I sent her a reply asking for the # and also asked if a TriMark 1650 latch would work on the Atwood door. I have not heard back from her.
Could you please check on the Atwood # and also see if the TriMark latch would work.
Many thanks!

Atwood Mobile can be reached by phone in the US or Canada at 1-800-825-4328. They should be able to answer your questions on the door latch, and what upgrades should fit.
Old 10-28-2015, 08:55 PM   #38

Eric,
Thanks for reply. Can you give me the part number for the replacement headlights for the 2014 FR3?
Thanks, Gil

niedobry1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2015, 08:34 AM   #39
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by niedobry1 View Post
Eric,
Thanks for reply. Can you give me the part number for the replacement headlights for the 2014 FR3?
Thanks, Gil

Below you will find the part numbers for the sealed headlights with the LED rings. We used to purchase these through ABC Marketing out of Elkhart, IN. There part numbers are;
P/side # 02-AZ-CL07-PBC-R-A
D/side # 02-AZ-CL07-PBC-R-A

If you order them from our parts department the part numbers are;
HEADLIGHT, WITH LED RH (PASS SIDE) SEALED, FR3 ONLY # 20X43340A
HEADLIGHT, WITH LED LH (DRIVERS SIDE) SEALED, FR3 ONLY # 20X43394A

I believe they were the same headlights that Chevy used on there trucks in 2012 or 2013.
Old 10-29-2015, 09:05 PM   #40

Hi Eric, is there a master list of fuse locations, size, and what they protect? Or a detailed electrical schematic showing them?

On my 2016 30ds there seem to be fuses located all over, some are located in panels some installed inline.

I try to look for the easy stuff, and fix what I can before bringing it for warranty work, but the lack of information makes trouble shooting difficult.

I have some older schematics from the forum, but if you have any additional drawings electrical and/or any other systems, or additional engineering documents that could be shared it would help all of us, and help reduce FR's warranty costs.
Scott
patanke is offline   Reply With Quote