Old 10-22-2015, 12:18 PM   #21

Eric, can you provide the name/website of the company that supplied the "lift-up" TV mount that is in the living room of the 2014 FR3 (or even the newer ones in the 2015/16). I'd like to add a tv in the bedroom and don't want to reinvent the wheel. thanks.

KsWhoDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 12:21 PM   #22
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by KsWhoDat View Post
Eric, can you provide the name/website of the company that supplied the "lift-up" TV mount that is in the living room of the 2014 FR3 (or even the newer ones in the 2015/16). I'd like to add a tv in the bedroom and don't want to reinvent the wheel. thanks.
Have you tried morryde?
Last I knew that's where fr bought alot of mounts.
I could be wrong.
Look under "specialty " I believe I seen a lift up unit.
http://www.morryde.com/product-category/1-tv-mounts

TURBS
2008 duramax
2015 columbus 320RS
2015 camping "31 nights"

Old 10-22-2015, 01:11 PM   #23

Not sure if true, but 2 years ago when I visited the FR3 factory in Elkart, I asked Steve the FR3 rep at the time about where the TV mount had come from. Which on the original FR3 30DS was the 2nd biggest selling feature he said they had been made locally by his friend and we're not mass produced. I've never seen them any where else. I had same idea 2 years ago. Kinda gave up when a TV I already had fit it cubie hole and couldn't fall out.
Steve left FR over a year ago.
Old 10-22-2015, 01:24 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by StephanFR3 View Post
Not sure if true, but 2 years ago when I visited the FR3 factory in Elkart, I asked Steve the FR3 rep at the time about where the TV mount had come from. Which on the original FR3 30DS was the 2nd biggest selling feature he said they had been made locally by his friend and we're not mass produced. I've never seen them any where else. I had same idea 2 years ago. Kinda gave up when a TV I already had fit it cubie hole and couldn't fall out.
Steve left FR over a year ago.
He must have been quite busy making them individually for the FR3s

yea, I've done a lot of google searches and visited a lot of sites, including the one mentioned above, and cannot seem to find the original mount, or the mounts that are in the newer ones (which come out sideways instead of up). Either one would work for me. I can plop one in the cubby hole also, but don't want to use that valuable space for the tv. And I've seen some of the "homemade" solutions, which look great, but might be more work than I want to attempt. ha ha

Hopefully Eric can provide an answer.
KsWhoDat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 03:28 PM   #25
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by KsWhoDat View Post
He must have been quite busy making them individually for the FR3s

yea, I've done a lot of google searches and visited a lot of sites, including the one mentioned above, and cannot seem to find the original mount, or the mounts that are in the newer ones (which come out sideways instead of up). Either one would work for me. I can plop one in the cubby hole also, but don't want to use that valuable space for the tv. And I've seen some of the "homemade" solutions, which look great, but might be more work than I want to attempt. ha ha

Hopefully Eric can provide an answer.
Currently Morryde supplies our TV brackets, I could not find it on there website, but if you call and order it through my parts and service department at 574-206-7600, you should be able to order the original part.
Old 10-22-2015, 03:55 PM   #26
HAPPY WHEN RV'ING

Hi Eric. I know others have said it but, thanks for making yourself available for questions.
I sent an email to Kathy Wing in parts and did get a reply from her about the Atwood door lock latch on our 2014 FR3 30 DS. She gave me a # for Atwood so I could purchase a, hopefully, better quality lock. Unfortunately she only gave me 9 digits. I sent her a reply asking for the # and also asked if a TriMark 1650 latch would work on the Atwood door. I have not heard back from her.
Could you please check on the Atwood # and also see if the TriMark latch would work.
Many thanks!

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Curt & Isabel, & 9er (our Goldendoodle)
2014 Forest River FR3 30DS (Beasty)
2014 Honda CRV EX-L (toad)

drivmsafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2015, 08:37 PM   #27

Welcome Aboard

It's mighty nice to see an FR 3 professional on board.

We have a 2015 FR3 DS. Is it possible it was built without either a black tank wash out valve or a check valve between the fresh water and city water tanks? I'm sure I'll think of more questions over time.
Lexi2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2015, 05:55 PM   #28

Eric,
Thanks for assistance. I am continually getting construction debris caught in my toilet valve. I have had to take it out and clean it 5 or more times now. Anything I can do to get it all out once and for all? Thanks
Old 10-23-2015, 06:01 PM   #29

Thanks for the reply Eric. Appreciated.

Antone

2015 Forest River FR3 30DS - No Ragrets

Toad - 2011 Jeep Wrangler
Old 10-24-2015, 02:47 PM   #30

I've got one of the first FR3s and have loved it for 2 years. Some minor problems that have been fixed under warrantee, others that I've fixed. My only complaint is the AC. It's pretty much useless. The dealer tells me it's fine and all I can expect is 10 degrees below ambient temp. That's okay when it's 80, but not so good at 104. The best i've seen so far is a 5 degree drop, from 97 to 92, not great for napping. I've noticed that the newer FR3s have upgraded the AC to a bigger unit and was told I could too, for $1,600. Not in my budget.
I guess I'll just keep the fans on.

Mandoholic and Bassbabe

2014 FR3 30DS

Salem, Oregon
Mandoholic is offline   Reply With Quote