Old 11-10-2015, 09:59 AM   #71
Commercial Member
Originally Posted by vacationlovers View Post
Hi Eric,

Does the flush system spray the section of the tank where the sensor is located? If not, please tell me which wall of the tank has the sensor, so that I know where to spray if I need to stick a wand down the toilet opening.

Our black tank gauge constantly indicates "2/3" full, no matter how much we try to rinse it with the flush system.

Chris the Tank flush system should spray down the tank and the areas where the sensor probes are located. I believe that the probes for the black tank are located on rear drivers side, but I am not 100% sure. It sounds like there might be some toilet paper stick on the probes, I would try and fix my tank up about 60% and drive the coach around letting the water slash from side to side and see if that clears the probe off.

FR3Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 10:16 AM   #72
Black tank flush system

Thanks for the reply, Eric.

I had already tried what you suggested, and that didn't help. The coach is now at the dealer for some problems with the slide-out and the A/C, and they'll look at the black tank sensor as well.

2016 FR3 30DS
vacationlovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 10:17 AM   #73
Sure do with Work and Play section had someone like you Eric! It's great to see a factory person answering questions ect.

2015 W&P 25CB/ 2011 F250 6.7L Diesel
2015 HD FLRT/2009 HD XL1200L

US Army, 1979-1990 95BZ6
Keystone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 06:02 PM   #74
Eric, thanks for being there...will let you know.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Rolling Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 06:07 PM   #75
Eric Do you have part no. for out side slide seal or Manufacture and where to buy. Thanks Carl
Carl & Bette
2015 FR3
Carl17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2015, 11:44 PM   #76
FR# 30DS - Clunking in Front End

Hello Eric,

Thanks for spending your time answering our questions.

I just purchased a 2015 FR3 30DS. At about 1000 miles the front end starting clucking on the drivers side. Just spend the day a the Ford Dealer who went over the front end twice - its still clunking when you drive over even small bumps in the road.

Thank thoughts on what it might be?

P.S. Love the 30DS... so far.

Jim, Suzie and Marlee.
jamesdbetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 08:34 AM   #77
Ask A Rep

Our 2015 30DS had a similar condition on the passenger side in front. It was fixed and I was told it was a loose shock absorber.
dutiful Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 10:05 AM   #78
Thanks Don -

The local ford dealer had it for most of yesterday- First they could find nothing wrong - so I took the service manager for a ride and let him hear / feel the problem.

Then they tightened all the spring shackle bolts, steer gear bolts, sway bar mounts all other steering and suspension bolts, front caliper bolts and both front wheels. After that they said for me to take it home - they could not work on it anymore that day.

All the way home - a two hour drive - it got worse - even the smallest of bumps caused banging and clunking.

So I'm calling the dealer now to see what they can do.
jamesdbetts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 12:18 PM   #79
I think I have the same problem on my 2016 30ds

Sounds like the same loose kingpin (the pin the wheel assembly rotates on so that it can turn to steer) . My alignment guy pointed the issue out to me by jacking the rig and putting a large steel bar under the tire to lift it. He said it had excessive play for 750 miles, but wan't an immediate safety issue. He said ford could correct the problem with shims, but it would be unusual to need shims at such a low mileage. I have not had time to take it to the dealer to get mine fixed/confirmed though.

Hope it helps
patanke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2015, 12:31 PM   #80
We had something similar, but only happen'd when we towed our car and making sharp slow turns. I looked all over couldn't find anything. Sometime, people's sway bar will shift in a turn and make a sort of clunking sound. Ours would only be in turns and it would sometimes feel like the front end would shift around under the coach. Ended up lubing all the chassis points and it seems to help this last trip. Give that a try first. Ours did have some slop in the king pins, but I think its within tolerances.

KansasFR3 is offline   Reply With Quote