Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-30-2015, 10:08 AM   #41

Hello Eric,
My question is. I'm trying to install a vortex fan on the bathroom of my 2015 30DS. I have no power to the wires that are at the vents. Have checked the 12v fuses, main disconnect switch is on. The lights in the bathroom, living room and bedroom all work. Where does this prewired wire get its power? I could splice into the lights, but would rather do it right the first time. Thanks for any info.
WVFR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2015, 09:11 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mandoholic View Post
I've got one of the first FR3s and have loved it for 2 years. Some minor problems that have been fixed under warrantee, others that I've fixed. My only complaint is the AC. It's pretty much useless. The dealer tells me it's fine and all I can expect is 10 degrees below ambient temp. That's okay when it's 80, but not so good at 104. The best i've seen so far is a 5 degree drop, from 97 to 92, not great for napping. I've noticed that the newer FR3s have upgraded the AC to a bigger unit and was told I could too, for $1,600. Not in my budget.
I guess I'll just keep the fans on.

I have the Atwood on mine and I've had the front and rear "attic" caps sealed and it still is terrible. We had the Dometic when we first bought it and FR replaced it after me complaining so much.

At best we've got a 10 degree difference anytime were camping in over 90 degree weather. It's more quite than the Dometic and the heat pump is a nice feature, but I wouldn't waste your money.

I've seen that Coleman makes a high efficient 13.5K model and I'm curious if I can run two of these on the 30 amp? They both run just under 12 amps. Any idea if this would work?

2015 FR3 30DS

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
MaltnHops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2015, 02:52 PM   #43

Question Black tank gauge sensor

Quote:
Originally Posted by FR3Eric View Post
The flush system works by directly back feeding water into your black tank. While this system sounds nice, they really only clean the same parts of the tank over and over again.
Hi Eric,

Does the flush system spray the section of the tank where the sensor is located? If not, please tell me which wall of the tank has the sensor, so that I know where to spray if I need to stick a wand down the toilet opening.

Our black tank gauge constantly indicates "2/3" full, no matter how much we try to rinse it with the flush system.

Thanks,
Chris
vacationlovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 09:11 AM   #44
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaltnHops View Post
I have the Atwood on mine and I've had the front and rear "attic" caps sealed and it still is terrible. We had the Dometic when we first bought it and FR replaced it after me complaining so much.

At best we've got a 10 degree difference anytime were camping in over 90 degree weather. It's more quite than the Dometic and the heat pump is a nice feature, but I wouldn't waste your money.

I've seen that Coleman makes a high efficient 13.5K model and I'm curious if I can run two of these on the 30 amp? They both run just under 12 amps. Any idea if this would work?

2015 FR3 30DS

The electrical code for this coach is to put the A/C units on a 20AMP breaker, so we can not do this out of the factory, Also i would not go about installing a second A/C this way personally. I would go with running a separate power cord for the second AC unit, we have had a few of dealers do this in the southern states. A few people have posted having this done in the upgrades thread, i would check there and ask them how they did it and how it works.
FR3Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 11:29 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by FR3Eric View Post
The electrical code for this coach is to put the A/C units on a 20AMP breaker, so we can not do this out of the factory, Also i would not go about installing a second A/C this way personally. I would go with running a separate power cord for the second AC unit, we have had a few of dealers do this in the southern states. A few people have posted having this done in the upgrades thread, i would check there and ask them how they did it and how it works.

Thank you Eric! I was curious if it was possible. Sounds like either an additional cable or an upgrade to 50 amp is necessary.

2015 FR3 30DS

MaltnHops is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 10:52 PM   #46

Hi Eric,
I have 2016 FR3 30DS. We had it for 2 weeks and used the overhead bunk few times and it worked fine. Today we lowered the bed and it will not raise up. Any idea if it is a fuse and where will it be located. I checked the breakers and fuses in the bedroom and all were fine. Thanks.
wzaatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 01:39 AM   #47
HAPPY WHEN RV'ING

Quote:
Originally Posted by wzaatar View Post
Hi Eric,
I have 2016 FR3 30DS. We had it for 2 weeks and used the overhead bunk few times and it worked fine. Today we lowered the bed and it will not raise up. Any idea if it is a fuse and where will it be located. I checked the breakers and fuses in the bedroom and all were fine. Thanks.

Have a look in your house battery compartment. You should see a small black circuit breaker just above the batteries. If you see an arm sticking out at a 45 degree angle, push it back down. This breaker is for that overhead bunk.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Curt & Isabel, & 9er (our Goldendoodle)
2014 Forest River FR3 30DS (Beasty)
2014 Honda CRV EX-L (toad)

drivmsafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 09:03 AM   #48
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wzaatar View Post
Hi Eric,
The fuse for the bunk is located in the external battery compartment right next to your steps. You will find 4 possible fuses down there, start on the left hand side and look for one that is a 10AMP fuse. The fuse will be covered in either red or black rubber holder. One way to save the fuse for the bunk is to shut off the power to the bunk unless you are running it in the down or up position.
Old 11-04-2015, 09:06 AM   #49
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVFR3 View Post
Hello Eric,
My question is. I'm trying to install a vortex fan on the bathroom of my 2015 30DS. I have no power to the wires that are at the vents. Have checked the 12v fuses, main disconnect switch is on. The lights in the bathroom, living room and bedroom all work. Where does this prewired wire get its power? I could splice into the lights, but would rather do it right the first time. Thanks for any info.
I will have to check with my engineers on where these wires should be pulling power from.
Old 11-04-2015, 09:27 AM   #50

Thank you Eric for the quick response. I was able to locate the fuse as it was the only 10 amp fuse in black housing above the battery compartment. Thanks also for the tip to leave power off. The bed is working again.
wzaatar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 09:51 AM   #51
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WVFR3 View Post
Hello Eric,
Check the fuse box in the distribution panel in the bedroom, it is located next to the breaker box. The prewire should be pulling power from here.
Old 11-04-2015, 11:57 AM   #52
HAPPY WHEN RV'ING

Quote:
Originally Posted by drivmsafe View Post
Have a look in your house battery compartment. You should see a small black circuit breaker just above the batteries. If you see an arm sticking out at a 45 degree angle, push it back down. This breaker is for that overhead bunk.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Boy did I have my head up my butt or what?! I can't believe I told you about the circuit breaker for the levelers instead of the fuse next to the batteries for the bunk. Must be lack of.... (I'm not going there)
Very sorry for the misinformation.

Curt & Isabel, & 9er (our Goldendoodle)
2014 Forest River FR3 30DS (Beasty)
2014 Honda CRV EX-L (toad)

drivmsafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2015, 03:57 PM   #53
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexi2007 View Post
It's mighty nice to see an FR 3 professional on board.

We have a 2015 FR3 DS. Is it possible it was built without either a black tank wash out valve or a check valve between the fresh water and city water tanks? I'm sure I'll think of more questions over time.
In 2015 we did add a black tank flush system. The easiest way to tell if your coach has the black tank flush installed from the factory is by checking how many connections you have in your plumbing bay. In this bay you should find a Fresh tank fill, a city water fill, and black tank flush. if you only have two of these three then you do not have the factory installed black tank flush.
Old 11-05-2015, 01:25 AM   #54

Rear camera question. We have a 2016 FR3 30DS with the Pioneer AV system. Is there a way to set rear back up camera to stay on? I would love to keep an "eye" on the toad!
Greg-Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 10:06 AM   #55

Quote:
Originally Posted by patanke View Post
Hi Eric, is there a master list of fuse locations, size, and what they protect? Or a detailed electrical schematic showing them?

On my 2016 30ds there seem to be fuses located all over, some are located in panels some installed inline.

I try to look for the easy stuff, and fix what I can before bringing it for warranty work, but the lack of information makes trouble shooting difficult.

I have some older schematics from the forum, but if you have any additional drawings electrical and/or any other systems, or additional engineering documents that could be shared it would help all of us, and help reduce FR's warranty costs.
Scott

F-53 Manual has all chassis fuses noted. You can find it online.

Antone

2015 Forest River FR3 30DS - No Ragrets

Toad - 2011 Jeep Wrangler
Antone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 10:42 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antone View Post
F-53 Manual has all chassis fuses noted. You can find it online.r
Yes, that's true. But I think he was asking about the "hidden" in-line fuses that aren't in a fuse block, such as the ones for the slide-outs, the leveling jacks, the overhead bunk, etc. It would be nice to have a list and location map for those.
vacationlovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 11:46 AM   #57

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacationlovers View Post
Yes, that's true. But I think he was asking about the "hidden" in-line fuses that aren't in a fuse block, such as the ones for the slide-outs, the leveling jacks, the overhead bunk, etc. It would be nice to have a list and location map for those.

Ah, got it. I haven't seen anything for that and it would be nice.

Antone

2015 Forest River FR3 30DS - No Ragrets

Toad - 2011 Jeep Wrangler
Antone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 07:49 PM   #58

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greg-Gabe View Post
Rear camera question. We have a 2016 FR3 30DS with the Pioneer AV system. Is there a way to set rear back up camera to stay on? I would love to keep an "eye" on the toad!
On our 2015, there is a power on/off button and I power it on when pulling out. Granted, it switches off when the ignition goes off but I just power it back on. Hopefully things haven't changed that much between the 2015 and 2015 models.
Lexi2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-2015, 08:25 PM   #59

My 2014 will stay on by settings.
StephanFR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2015, 12:06 AM   #60

I got it to come but as soon as I shifted it into Drive it goes blank with a warning not to view while driving...
Greg-Gabe is offline   Reply With Quote