Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-18-2016, 01:54 PM   #121

Look in the Georgetown form.
StephanFR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2016, 07:18 PM   #122

Ask A Rep

If that's an FR3 with the passenger side lower "pet window" it's got to be one of the first models made.

Shortly after they changed the model. And stopped adding the Windows. Those units had lots of other freshman year problems. I would hope that as soon as the factory hears that you have one of those Beta units they will step up and fix whatever construction issues you have.
Technorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2016, 10:58 AM   #123

FR3 coming apart

Yes many problems, all pretty small, taken care of most myself. This is structural so I thought dealer should deal with it. My thought on the trip was to run a couple big ugly carriage bolts through the side but my wife shot that down really quick. Only other big problem that nobody wants to acknowledge, I have asked to be fixed twice now is the thermostat that runs the AC / Heater sucks. It runs some sort of relay through the AC that controls the heater function. The thing short cycles and clicks all night long. I have been instructed bu Dometic factory people to change setback temps, auto vs. manual and every other setting. I even bought all new thermostat and control relay, No luck. I rewired it with an $8 two wire heater thermostat so now I have 2 thermostats and no warranty because I dicked with it. I see now they are using a completely different thermostat.
stevewilke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2016, 07:21 PM   #124

exploding window

Eric could you let me know if you have ever heard of this happening. I am at a loss for an explanation to the whole situation. HELP PLEASE.
progolfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 09:48 AM   #125
2015 FR3 25DS

Ask A Rep

Thanks Eric for the one opportunity to voice some concerns. This is a list of issues I've encountered since my purchase of a 2015 fr3ds.
1. Sway bar bolts fell off. Repaired at a ford dealer. Not from Mike Thompson. Where I bought it.
2. The door now sticks terribly and requires a shoulder to open. Not repaired yet.
3. Generator shuts off. Checked the oil, fuel line and filter. Now from this forum I see that it's a heat issue.
The dash has come loose and bounces. No foreseeable diy fix.
4. Levelers aren't calibrated to level.

If this concerns are things other owners are facing then why not notify the owners and fix the issues. I am regretting the purchase. Especially for a new coach.

While these might seem minor these are inhibiting me from enjoying the purchase of a brand new unit. I traded in a older and larger unit than I needed but a perfectly good rv.

The dealership Mike Thompson in Colton California is a joke. Very disappointed in the experience and the product
Floyd Simmons
Fsimmons@icloud.comh

2015 FR3 25DS
2007 Jeep Rubicon (carried)

You just have to get your hands dirty sometime...
AngioTech55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 10:44 AM   #126

Floyd,

Dash issue. Our 30DS also had a terribly loose dash. Mr. Garmin just bounced off every few miles.

Removed the screws that hold the plastic dash panel on the front, at the top you will see a metal frame, above that frame, mine had two pieces of 2X4 wedged in and the black caulk applied. They had come loose.

The angle of the dash makes for a very poor fit so only a small part of the wood is in contact. I inserted some small wedges and then filled the gaps with a high expanding spray foam insulation, (be careful not to over fill or drip). I let it sit for a few days.

I also removed the passenger seat and pedestal so I could fit under the dash and sprayed foam under the dash in the area where there is a metal brace that crosses the front. It helped support his area also.

I also added a pivoting foot at the bottom between the base of the support and the engine cover. All bounce gone. The pivot allows for the engine cover to be removed at service. Mr. Garmin happy now.

Door, Mine too was very tight. Removed the plastic trim from around the door. Small screw driver will pop the plastic caps off the trim. Removed the screws that hold the strike plate. Added longer slightly larger screws and pulled the entire frame about 1/64 larger in this area. Filled the void around the door with a very low window expanding spray foam, (really helped on the road noise and insulated this area. Door now works perfect.

My dealer also a joke in that soon after my purchase they stopped handling FR3's because they just had too many warranty issues and quality problems. They would not even consider warranty work and sent me to the other local shop that was also a joke. Had the coach six weeks to fix a problem and return it without even touching it.

Did find a place that is FR authorized for warranty work called TruLine RV Spokane Washington. They really do excellent work. They don't sell but do custom upgrades so service is what they sell and understand that poor work results in customers not coming back. They did many updates on our FR3 last winter. New 5500 generator, Two Attwood AC's with heat pumps, 50AMP wiring upgrade, New ceramic toilet, removed the front bunk and installed cabinets that matched the rest of the RV perfectly. Changed the headlights, added a new King TV Ant. pluse several more options. We now have a coach that fits exactly what we want at a total cost far less than anything else we could have purchased.

If you are able to do these simple things your frustration level will be reduced. Sad part is from reading other posts from other FR motorhome types and even other companies, quality seems to be a really big issue unless you buy the $400K rigs. Even those have many issues.

B
b1barnes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 04:49 PM   #127

What is my warranty on the Onan Generator?

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Rolling Magic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 06:26 PM   #128
HAPPY WHEN RV'ING

Unfortunately, I feel that Eric is no longer on this forum. He was in sales and may be to busy to answer any more or not with FR any longer. Which is to bad. While he was with the forum he gave some good advice.

Curt & Isabel, & 9er (our Goldendoodle)
2014 Forest River FR3 30DS (Beasty)
2014 Honda CRV EX-L (toad)

drivmsafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2016, 06:27 PM   #129

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolling Magic View Post
What is my warranty on the Onan Generator?

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1466551651.613489.jpg
Views:	175
Size:	106.2 KB
ID:	111738
leisurelarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2016, 08:30 AM   #130

Hey Eric,
Prior to owning our FR3 we owned a Forest River Silverback 5th wheel trailer. It had thin removable storm windows for the screen door. They were make from a very thin clear plastic sort of material kind of like a thick Saran Wrap. We loved these because you could leave the main entry door open when you had the a/c on. Do you know if these are available for the FR3 30DS?
Old 06-26-2016, 09:24 PM   #131

Personally the FR3 is a total basket case hunk of junk. I need Forest River to step up and but this thing back from me. The dealers won't even work on em. I feel a letter to the BBB and highway safety board in strongly in order.
wayne and sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2016, 09:25 PM   #132

But=buy
wayne and sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 07:40 AM   #133
Always Learning

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne and sherry View Post
Looking at this site with the endless list of issues, dealer reactions, forest River reactions and ford reactions I'm all in on a class action law action on forest River.

I assume you've contacted a class action lawyer ... what did they say?
Old 06-27-2016, 11:07 AM   #134
HAPPY WHEN RV'ING

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne and sherry View Post
Looking at this site with the endless list of issues, dealer reactions, forest River reactions and ford reactions I'm all in on a class action law action on forest River. I have never owned such a hunk of crap as the FR3. This is not my 1st motor home, it's my 3rd so this isn't my 1st dance. All I know is I'm totally afraid to even use this pile. Zero trust in it.
Sounds to me that you need to look into claiming it under the lemon law.

Curt & Isabel, & 9er (our Goldendoodle)
2014 Forest River FR3 30DS (Beasty)
2014 Honda CRV EX-L (toad)

drivmsafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 12:06 PM   #135

Sir/ New owner and working through changes. See has been while since this post. What do u mean by Pivot. Also I assume all things u did where under the dash/ Correct? Bear
Bearister is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 01:14 PM   #136

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevensmith2859 View Post
The buttons on the trailer themselves do nothing... I need a new battery for the trailer...
I'm just curious. This is a forum dedicated to the FR3 motorhome. Why do so many people post questions related to other brands of motorhome, or even non-motorhomes? I see it happen frequently, and it always mystifies me.
vacationlovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 01:16 PM   #137
Camp Bartender

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacationlovers View Post
I'm just curious. This is a forum dedicated to the FR3 motorhome. Why do so many people post questions related to other brands of motorhome, or even non-motorhomes? I see it happen frequently, and it always mystifies me.
My bad, in all honesty, I didn't read through the first 327 pages to see that it was for motorhomes only, but you know glad I could "mystify" you....

2015-2018: 20 Trips, 61 Nights Camped
2018: 5 Trips, 15 Nights Camped
2019: 2 Trips, 10 nights so far......
stevensmith2859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2016, 04:29 PM   #138

One reason is because on the computer, you have to scroll to the very top to know which sub forum you are on. Reading on my phone, I have NO clue.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 10:42 AM   #139

Hi!
We just got our Brand New FR3 and we have been on the road since June 3rd. This week we tried to play a DVD and it does not work, I tried following the instructions on the Pioneer booklet and NOTHING! Please help

Nelly
DaRealDeal77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2016, 12:23 PM   #140

Those DVD systems are notorious for having issues. We bought our FR3 in October and just had to have the unit replaced. Until you can get it looked at try this, it worked periodically for us. Power down the entire coach and shut off the master switch. Wait 5-10 minutes and power everything back up. Sometimes this worked for us. Our system was very temperamental and would randomly turn off and on and sometimes all the cameras would just start cycling on and off.
drewandjason is offline   Reply With Quote