Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-28-2016, 10:00 AM   #1

Attaching shelves

We are picking up are new FR3 this weekend I want my husband to make a pantry out of the wasted space in the cabinet when you walk in I'm wondering how would we attach the brackets to hold the shelves in it
Tkotis5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 05:56 PM   #2
HAPPY WHEN RV'ING

After cutting 1/2" board that was close enough to to the cabinet coloring, I used some small corner brackets. There's enough wood in the corners to be able to use a small screw to attach. A good level is helpful. 😄

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Curt & Isabel, & 9er (our Goldendoodle)
2014 Forest River FR3 30DS (Beasty)
2014 Honda CRV EX-L (toad)

drivmsafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 06:20 PM   #3

Attaching shelves

I used slotted adjustable rails and L shaped adjustable book shelf parts from Home Depot. Then cut my own boards. I added a front lip to each shelf.

Two rails on the left and two on the right. This only required a few screws to hold the rails in. And if the shelves are cut tight enough the pressure of them against the rails helps hold the rails in. They are also adjustable. If you get the long rails and is tall them facing the same way you can let them rest on the floor of the closet, for more support. This will Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1461885554.926058.jpg
Views:	172
Size:	102.2 KB
ID:	106403 require cutting off the tops.

Be aware that the shelves are not entirely rectangular because there is a corner wire way on the left side rear that covers cables. This is an older picture but if you look close you can see the rails on the left side.

2014 FR330 DS
Technorick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 06:21 PM   #4

Thank you
Tkotis5 is offline   Reply With Quote