Old 06-30-2015, 10:25 AM   #11
7 Year Class A RV'er

bigduke1956: I, too, always use the auto level and did so with our previous MH for the 5 years we had it. Never had a problem. In the driveway, my front wheels are always off the ground without an issue. Not been through a hurricane with it like that (and would most likely lower it for that) but high winds and thunderstorms are a daily event here in Orlando during the rainy season (June through November). I don't think I've ever had the wheels off the ground, though, when in a campground. What you can do in that case is raise the front a little higher manually and block under the tires, then lower it manually on to the blocks. That should help a lot with the sway you're feeling.

Gigi, Poppy and Sadie Lady...On the road, but not full time!
conceptumator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 05:10 PM   #12

Hmmmmm

Last weekend, the MH [not an FR 3] 2 spaces over from us had it's front wheels on blocks and blocks under all four jacks. The concrete spaces had a bit of a high spot in the middle and that seemed like a good idea to me. How would you go about deploying blocks under the tires, do them first and then deploy the blocks under the jacks?

Lexi2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 06:21 PM   #13
7 Year Class A RV'er

I've never had to do it, but the folks I've seen built blocks they could drive the front wheels up on to, got it as level as they could that way, then just lowered the jacks for stability, not leveling. Your other choice would be to use the jacks to raise the front end higher than needed, put the blocks under, then lower the jacks a bit. In all cases, the rear needs to stay on the ground as they act as your brakes.

Gigi, Poppy and Sadie Lady...On the road, but not full time!
conceptumator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2015, 10:45 AM   #14

Just came back from a trip to Cape Cod. I auto leveled the 2016 FR3 30DS and was unable to retract the jacks. Called Coach-net and the man walked me through a reset of the system and 12v breaker. The indicator panel had all the status lights flashing and was unresponsive. He told me to hold down the 4 arrow buttons for at least 15 seconds. This cleared the panel. It still wouldn't retract. As someone wrote above, the fix was to reset the breaker near the house batteries. Kudos to Coach-net.

Purchased FR3 new on May 11th. So far has spent more time in the dealer for repairs than on the road. Goes back in July 7th for 9 new problems, the water leaking in the coach the most worrisome.
Old 07-01-2015, 10:58 AM   #15

i also had issue first time out with jacks. Talked with a dealer tech for an hr trying every thing he could think of. Jacks wouldnt go back up and system was blinking. Left MH there and went home in wifes car. looked up on internet the problem and found video on how to manually bring jacks back up and how to reset the system..By pushing all four directional buttons at the same time. it reset the system and jacks came back up np
Old 07-01-2015, 12:10 PM   #16

We had a situation where the leveling jacks wouldn't retract at a campsite we discovered a red circuit breaker button just above the batteries in the battery compartment when reset the Jacks started working again.

There is no mention of this red circuit breaker button anywhere in the documentation that I have regarding the leveling jacks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Old 07-03-2015, 08:37 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbutch View Post
We had a situation where the leveling jacks wouldn't retract at a campsite we discovered a red circuit breaker button just above the batteries in the battery compartment when reset the Jacks started working again.

There is no mention of this red circuit breaker button anywhere in the documentation that I have regarding the leveling jacks.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
X2 Thank you for posting. This is exactly what happened to me and if I hadn't seen this post I too would have been stuck at the CG. Was able to reset an got leveled. Was using auto, but went manual. Thanks again.
Old 07-05-2015, 07:54 PM   #18

I just press the auto level button. Only problem ive had was on uneven terrain. Learned a valuable lesson....dont use the jacks unless its pretty much level...and good ground. Beyond that theyve worked great.
Old 07-05-2015, 11:10 PM   #19

I carry a few 4 inch blocks and check my side to side and front to back levels before attempting to auto level. By looking at the levels I can determine which jacks need the blocks. By doing this I have been able to eliminate the issue of raising the wheels off the ground.
There have been a couple of occasions when I had to manually control the level sequence however.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 07-05-2015, 11:52 PM   #20

I had an issue on a trip this summer where mine would not retract. The indicator lights showed "all up" but they were all down! Nothing I did would correct the problem and unfortunately it was a Sunday morning. I called Bigfoot directly and got their 24/7 technical assistance. One of three names and cell phone numbers were provided and the one I called was extremely helpful. He helped me troubleshoot the system and solve the problem. For me one of the main wire harness plugs that goes into the back of the unit had come out ever so slightly but it was enough to lock up the system. I highly recommend their service group and Bigfoots 24/7 hotline.

Tags
jacks, leveling