Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-05-2015, 11:24 PM   #21
Swift2

I use the auto level 100% and it works great. When we pull in, we level the trailer with 2x6's. When we unhook the truck from the trailer I lower the front down some then hit the auto level. If I don't lower the front, the trailer tires are always off the ground. It seems to level to the front jacks, requiring those jacks to be lowered to prevent the tires from coming off the ground.
Swift 2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 06:17 PM   #22

Thank you for the post. I read it last week and needed to reference it Friday night. Jacks got stuck in down position and popped the red breaker by battery's. Had I not read this prior I would not have known how to fix it and would have been stuck out in the middle of no where boondocking. Thanks for sharing so we all can learn!

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

2016 FR3 28DS
Old 10-27-2015, 07:22 PM   #23

levelers

Quote:
Originally Posted by tpatino14 View Post
Thank you for the post. I read it last week and needed to reference it Friday night. Jacks got stuck in down position and popped the red breaker by battery's. Had I not read this prior I would not have known how to fix it and would have been stuck out in the middle of no where boondocking. Thanks for sharing so we all can learn!

2016 FR3 28DS
Glad someone got to use our experience for the good....
Lancaster NY
xman123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2015, 07:38 PM   #24

That's what it's all about, right @xman123? I'm very grateful!

2016 FR3 28DS
Old 11-03-2015, 08:40 AM   #25

I noticed my auto leveler kept raising the back end of the coach which was the opposite of what it needed to do. Then it raised the front end off the ground. I retracted and heard some not so pleasant sounds but no damage seemed to have happened. The last 2 times I have manually leveled first by making sure all 4 jacks make contact with ground and then use a level to decide which end to bring up while keeping all tires still on ground. I did this in an unlevel driveway last time and it went extremely smoothly and much faster than messing with the auto level.

My neighbor said there should be a way to recalibrate the auto level. Does anyone know that procedure? I have the FR3 32DS.
PublicChilds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 08:58 AM   #26
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PublicChilds View Post
I noticed my auto leveler kept raising the back end of the coach which was the opposite of what it needed to do. Then it raised the front end off the ground. I retracted and heard some not so pleasant sounds but no damage seemed to have happened. The last 2 times I have manually leveled first by making sure all 4 jacks make contact with ground and then use a level to decide which end to bring up while keeping all tires still on ground. I did this in an unlevel driveway last time and it went extremely smoothly and much faster than messing with the auto level.

My neighbor said there should be a way to recalibrate the auto level. Does anyone know that procedure? I have the FR3 32DS.
I know that if you hold down all four directional buttons at once it should reset the system. you should see the LCI light in the middle of the buttons flash.
FR3Eric is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2015, 09:00 AM   #27
Certified Curmudgeon

Yep. Turn to Page 10 in your hymnal for calibration.
http://www.lci1.com/assets/content/s...d-leveling.pdf
Old 11-03-2015, 09:11 AM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duckogram View Post
Yep. Turn to Page 10 in your hymnal for calibration.
http://www.lci1.com/assets/content/s...d-leveling.pdf
Thanks I will do that next time I set up.
PublicChilds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2015, 01:44 PM   #29

Auto Leveling Jacks

It is interesting to see the variety of experiences and methods used by everyone. That is why this forum is so helpful.
I level my 2015 30DS in the manual mode because of weird gyrations in Auto mode in the past. In order to know it is level, I used some washers under the LCI control panel to make it the same level as the coach. Then I put a small bubble level on the panel to know when everything is just right. That way I don't have to move out of my seat or have my wife check bubbles somewhere else. The only other check we do is to see if the bathroom door stays put when opened.
dutiful Don is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 01:21 PM   #30

My DW and I purchased a new 5er this past June. It is our first camper and clueless as to what we were doing. We are still in the learning phase.

We went on our first outing and had a level pull through site. I lowered the inner jacks on the front stabilizers, put wheel chunks where they go and raised the coach to detach from from the hitch. Then I lowered the rear inner jacks and pushed the "auto level" button. When it finished the level cycle it beeped and the display showed level successful. I looked around the trailer and noticed that one of the wheels was off the ground a little. Also the steps were up high and felt like we almost needed a step stool to reach the bottom step.I felt that couldn't be right but I really didn't know. I know it was level because a neighbor helped me do a zero level calibration before we left.

This forced me to read up on the auto level system. I had a DVD that talked about it. There are instructions with the level controls and the manual. All three are different instruction and was confusing for someone that was totally clueless. I decided to follow the manual. I lower the front inner jacks 4" and the rear 3" and place 6x6x15 under the rear jacks and then push the auto level button. The camper levels out. No wheels off the ground and the bottom step is about 4" from the ground. All is good.
djeirlessr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 01:33 PM   #31
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by djeirlessr View Post
My DW and I purchased a new 5er this past June. It is our first camper and clueless as to what we were doing. We are still in the learning phase.

We went on our first outing and had a level pull through site. I lowered the inner jacks on the front stabilizers, put wheel chunks where they go and raised the coach to detach from from the hitch. Then I lowered the rear inner jacks and pushed the "auto level" button. When it finished the level cycle it beeped and the display showed level successful. I looked around the trailer and noticed that one of the wheels was off the ground a little. Also the steps were up high and felt like we almost needed a step stool to reach the bottom step.I felt that couldn't be right but I really didn't know. I know it was level because a neighbor helped me do a zero level calibration before we left.

This forced me to read up on the auto level system. I had a DVD that talked about it. There are instructions with the level controls and the manual. All three are different instruction and was confusing for someone that was totally clueless. I decided to follow the manual. I lower the front inner jacks 4" and the rear 3" and place 6x6x15 under the rear jacks and then push the auto level button. The camper levels out. No wheels off the ground and the bottom step is about 4" from the ground. All is good.
Shouldn't matter if you have blocks under jacks or not, it should still seek the same level.
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 02:28 PM   #32

TURBS: I agree but my problem on my first outing was that I had the inner jacks in the front extended too far and the auto leveler leveled the camper to high because the front jacks couldn't lower enough to not raise the wheels off the ground. By lowering the inner jacks only 4 or 5 inches it allows the front jacks to lower further.

Duane
2011 Toyota Tundra V8 iForce 5.7
2016 Crusader 295RST FW
djeirlessr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2015, 02:29 PM   #33
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by djeirlessr View Post
TURBS: I agree but my problem on my first outing was that I had the inner jacks in the front extended too far and the auto leveler leveled the camper to high because the front jacks couldn't lower enough to not raise the wheels off the ground. By lowering the inner jacks only 4 or 5 inches it allows the front jacks to lower further.

Duane
2011 Toyota Tundra V8 iForce 5.7
2016 Crusader 295RST FW
Gotcha! [emoji12]
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 08:48 PM   #34

I have a Forest River Georgetown XL 360 with (I think) electric levelers. I went out today and I cannot get them to come up. The light does not come on. Additionally, my slides will not come in. I figure it must be a fuse, but have looked everywhere I could find fuses and trip switches and cannot find anything amiss. I am supposed to take it in for servicing and of course, I cannot move it while the jacks are down. Please give me some suggestions.
Sarge1965 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 08:53 PM   #35

Sarge did you check the emergency brake. Gotta be on for the systems to work.

Just a guess.
KY25DS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 08:59 PM   #36
7 Year Class A RV'er

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sarge1965 View Post
I have a Forest River Georgetown XL 360 with (I think) electric levelers. I went out today and I cannot get them to come up. The light does not come on. Additionally, my slides will not come in. I figure it must be a fuse, but have looked everywhere I could find fuses and trip switches and cannot find anything amiss. I am supposed to take it in for servicing and of course, I cannot move it while the jacks are down. Please give me some suggestions.
Sounds dumb, but was the ignition off? Some of the FR documents tell you to have the engine running when working the jacks but that doesn't always work. The slides and awning won't work either if the ignition is on. If it's not on, there could be a bad relay making the system think it's on.

Gigi, Poppy and Sadie Lady...On the road, but not full time!
conceptumator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2017, 10:03 PM   #37

Thanks, conceptumator, With mine, the key has to be on with the engine running and park brake on to operate the jacks. For ths slides the key has to be off.
Old 06-27-2017, 10:06 PM   #38

Thanks KY25DS, The emergency brake was on.
Old 07-01-2017, 07:45 PM   #39

I don't know if this applies to your situation or not. There is an issue with some LCI Electronic Leveling Systems. A diode or scr Or some component fails in the pump wiring harness, they refer to it as a "diode pack. The result is the hydraulic system only lifts the coach, it will not lower, in manual or auto modes. You can unplug the connector having black/white and white wires on the side of the hydraulic jack motor and pump assy, which will allow the leveler to lower. If that is what is happening to you, you should call LCI they probably will send a new harness or arrange for it to be replaced along with the control module and hopefully the bent jack struts. Sorry to hear of the trouble. I know there are specific LCI Server al batches affected, but don't know which.
2015 fr3 30DS, added 2nd A/C-Heat Pump, both A/C have EasyStart, Auto Transfer Switch, CHF with Hellwig Links, Progressive Power Management, TPMS, Blue Ox True-Center, Koni Shocks, HID Headlamps, LED Foglamps, Pioneer Stereo, Keyless entry, Auxiliary Cooling Fans for A/C Condenser, dashcam front-rear, Yokohama Tires, air ride seats, onboard air compressor, 3000 watt hybrid Victron inverter Venus Generator Control, centramatic wheel balancers
Hogq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2017, 09:19 PM   #40

Thanks, Hogg, I will give them a call on Wednesday.

Tags
jacks, leveling