Old 04-20-2017, 07:15 AM   #1

Back Up Camera Not Working

Hi my camera is malfunctioning for some reason. When its in park and drive it comes on, but not in reverse (when I actually need it). It even happens when I turn the camera on to run at all times. Anybody know what may be happening and a fix. Thanks

Old 04-20-2017, 11:25 AM   #2

back up camera

Not sure but I have a 2017 fr3 32ds and none of the cameras are working they just came to pick it up yesterday.

Old 04-20-2017, 04:46 PM   #3

My connection came loose behind the dash board. If you have the Panasonic it is the bottom cable on the passenger side. Reach under the dash and push the jack back in, it fixed mine.
Old 04-21-2017, 06:35 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by TLAK View Post
My connection came loose behind the dash board. If you have the Panasonic it is the bottom cable on the passenger side. Reach under the dash and push the jack back in, it fixed mine.
Just got a call and said they had to order the cord going to the rear camera both side camera are working now.
Old 04-21-2017, 12:52 PM   #5

There is a separate circuit for rear view camera and backup camera modes. The head unit recognizes the reverse mode, shuts off the rear view camera mode, but the camera no longer has power. What you are experiencing is that the backup camera mode trigger switch is not activating the camera. That would be where you might want to start.This may be something as simple as a blown fuse for your backup lights or there may be a very small fuse for the backup camera circuit. If it is a separate fuse, it will be a 3 amp to 5 amp and either in line or blade style very near the power source.

Tags
back up camera