Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-21-2015, 03:32 PM   #1
Tents2RV

Back-Up/Side Cameras

Just finished our first month with our 2015 FR3 and the only big glitch was the radio/camera not working correctly. The radio manual (Pioneer AVH-X2700BS) mentions the ND-BC6 camera as a "rear" camera - but no mention of the side cameras? Is this a different model?

Most of what we know we stumbled on - while husband drove and wife leaned over in seatbelt to discover. There are taps, d-taps, press and holds, drop-downs, and many bells-n-whistles, but little about the cameras ...

What have you found out about the back-up/side cameras? Suggestions?

Thanks!
BTW - YouTube has some great (and annoying) tutorials on this Pioneer Radio. Here is a good one covering themes, colors, adjusting sound settings, etc.
()

Also - found out you can buy a GPS to attach to this radio. Oh my ...

FR3 2015 (Feb)
Toad: 2001 Honda
c0nnd0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 03:57 PM   #2

I'm looking to pickup a Garmin GPS with a wireless Rearview Camera....I'm thinking that when I put in Vehicle height and length and lifetime maps...it might come in handy for long trips.
5 stars
MacDR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 05:43 PM   #3

The side camera comes on when you put the blinker on.

Weldon
WGFR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 11:02 PM   #4

Blinker😃 must be from the east
colourful64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 08:06 AM   #5

Not sure if every one in Texas says blinker but I use blinker or turn signal.......as soon as I posted I was going to edit because blinker did not sound right when reading it 😕.

Also on the camera, you can set it to stay on all the time. The rear stays on the screen until you use your "turn signal 😉 " then the side camera comes on. You touch the screen and the radio comes back up.

Weldon
WGFR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 05:01 PM   #6
PJH
PJH

The screen displays "No Signal" when the turn signal are activated. Rear camera displays on the screen. All cameras worked last fall before storage. 2013 Sunseeker
PJH is offline   Reply With Quote