Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-24-2015, 08:22 AM   #1

Bedroom TV no signal

I am not picking up any channels in bedroom TV using antenna. Also if the bedroom TV is on the living room tv won't work. When connected to cable TV we had poor reception in bedroom as well. Connection on the TV is good. Ideas?
MandK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 11:09 AM   #2

When using the antenna for reception on my 2015 30DS, I must individually set and scan for over the air stations on each of the 3 sets.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
leisurelarry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 12:06 PM   #3

Thanks. We have scanned multiple times on bedroom TV but no channels are identified despite the front TV having channels picked up on autoscan.
MandK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 12:06 PM   #4
KCM

We had issues with all the tv's in our last trailer. It was a 2012 we ordered new from the factory. Turns out the cable ends they used were low quality and most were loose. Put on good ends and things started working properly. Make sure and check every connection inside and out. Just one will stop the show
KCM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 12:11 PM   #5

Run a cable from the connector for the front TV to the bedroom TV. If it works it's the connection if not the TV.
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2015, 09:21 PM   #6

I just replaced my antenna with a King Jack and while removing it I found out why it didn't work very well, it was never tightened on the Jack input leading to the antenna which is on the roof. No wonder it barely worked sometimes and never most of the time.
Brewster McFrisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 12:00 PM   #7

Make sure your antenna booster is on if you have one.
Reason201 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 01:25 PM   #8

If the TV is located on the bedroom slide (if you have one), there most likely will be an additional connection on the antenna line where the slide wiring meets the coach wiring. When they manufacture the coaches, they furnish and wire the slides before they're installed in the coach. There's a location where the slide wire harness meets the coaches harness. Check that junction for bad connections.
ckabrahamson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 02:55 PM   #9

First thing I have found that needs to be done is remove the cover where the connections are and tighten all the connections. I use a small open end wrench or needle nose to tighten them. Never found one that was tight yet. The other thing is the connection on the antenna where wire hooks to roof mount from antenna. I will pull the sealant loose and check that connection and re seal it. Usually the boot is already off and got moisture in the connection. While you are up there, spray some dry lube down in the gears that raise the antenna.
Ke5rbd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2015, 06:04 PM   #10

Check the connection in the box behind the main tv. There is a splitter there in mine.
Harkerr is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bedroom, fr3, television