Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-09-2016, 08:48 PM   #1

Best RV/Camping Apps

Ok everyone, what are your favorite Camping Apps to use while traveling. I heard good reviews on "Allstays Camp and RV" and "RV Parks".
Combatcoal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2016, 09:14 PM   #2

You got it, those are very good
Amateur Radio W5CI 2019 Days Camping 25
2020 Days Camping 7
W5CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2016, 07:59 AM   #3

A couple apps I use a lot are the Rand McNally RV GPS and WunderMap. I realize these aren't necessarily the kind of apps you were asking about, but I've found them incredibly helpful while traveling.

The Rand McNally app allows me to enter height information on the RV and it will plot a route that avoids low clearance bridges, etc. This is on an iPad that I use as my GPS (mounted to a holder on the dash). Works great and the size of the screen is much better (and larger) than any GPS I know of. Lot of points of interest, including RV parks and campgrounds, gas stations, hospitals, etc. Downside is that is was expensive for an app ($99), but still less than a traditional GPS. A potential downside is that I can't tell if the map is updating from time to time.

I like WunderMap because I can view wind speeds in addition to rain/snow and temperatures along the route. My very first trip with our FR3 took me along I-80 in winds of 30+ mph. As a new driver, I didn't even think about the effect of wind on the coach. I got blown all over the road and couldn't stop due to a time constraint. Now, I look for the wind conditions and can plan the trip accordingly. It's a free app.
spicyrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2016, 07:47 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Combatcoal View Post
Ok everyone, what are your favorite Camping Apps to use while traveling. I heard good reviews on "Allstays Camp and RV" and "RV Parks".

On my iPhone... I use Allstays and AAA apps. Allstays is really the best. I also use Good Sam's app and KOA's app when looking for specific places. If you are a vet, http://www.militarycampgrounds.us is the best.
Old 06-08-2016, 08:59 PM   #5

Another vote for Allstays, great resource for campgrounds, walmarts, gas stations, dump stations, etc

2014 Forest River Sunseeker 3170DS
2016 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited - Black Bear Edition

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums
Old 06-08-2016, 09:13 PM   #6

We use RVparky and Good Sam a lot. Gas Buddy and Pilot/Flying J for fuel.
CaptnJohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2016, 08:24 PM   #7

Best RV/Camping Apps

X3 for Rv Parky and all stays. But by far we use I Exit to find out what stores food and stations are at the up coming exits. You can click on the station and find out how far off the exit it is, what side of the roads it's on and you can turn
On the sat image and see the size and shape of the parking lot for turning radius.

We use Good Sam and KOA apps to find a site while underway.
Technorick is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping