Old 03-07-2018, 10:21 AM   #1

Question Blurry cameras 2016 FR3 30DS

Have a camera problem, left side camera is clear the right side is real grainy and the rear is very blurry. Moved the rear to the left port on the splitter module and no change. Called Axxeri Radio and they said there is only one camera port on the radio, if one is clear the radio is fine. If the camera needs replaced how do they come out ?

qccltd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-2018, 04:49 PM   #2
edm

We had the exact same thing happen and FR replace both right and rear cameras under warranty. Good luck.

edm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2018, 03:11 PM   #3

FR3 camera

I had a bad connection on my 2015 FR3 30DS right side camera that I traced back to a cable near the radio. I fixed that. Additionally, the picture quality of that camera has not been great, and I noticed this weekend that it is completely blurry. Found a replacement at www.Surveillance-video.com. It's an RVS Systems RVS-MV1 480 TVL MV1 Backup Camera that can be used as a side camera, as well. I believe you disassemble it and rotate the camera in the housing for a side view. It has a threaded extension that goes through the body of the MH. Here is a link to the camera: https://www.surveillance-video.com/camera-rvs-mv1.html. I'll let you know how the install goes!
GeneB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2018, 01:42 AM   #4

My rear camera was also blurry. Replaced under warranty. I should have tried to get one with night vision capability.
Old 03-09-2018, 10:09 AM   #5

Thanks

Thanks folks, for the advice. I'll let you know how we do.
Old 03-09-2018, 02:46 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by qccltd View Post
If the camera needs replaced how do they come out ?

Sorry, I should have answered that. Reading is fundamental and stuff.

The removal was accessed from inside the bedroom, from the trim at the rear ceiling and wall meet above the rear window.

I now have screws holding mine on.
Old 03-09-2018, 03:30 PM   #7

Here's the thing about most cameras. The lens is held in with a screw that keeps it from backing out of its threads. If you can take the camera out, then release th set screw , you should be able to turn the lens itself in or out to refocus it. That works with most digital cameras.
MOODMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2018, 08:33 AM   #8

Thanks again for the advice

I called RVS systems, they said that little camera costs $99 each and has a five pin connector a few inches back and screws out, Ill definitely try adjusting first.
Old 03-10-2018, 09:44 AM   #9

Please let us know if it works
MOODMAN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2018, 08:48 AM   #10

FR3

I emailed Forest River, got no response yet. I took the left camera loose, it had a split nut on the inside, problem is they drilled a 1/4 in hole, have the camera on one end and a five pin connector on the other. How can you do that without wiring the pin connector yourself ? I see the angled panel for the rear camera but the hole is the same. ?

Tags
fr3