Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-06-2016, 09:00 PM   #1

Bran, Spankin, new motorhome!

We just got a 2016 fr3 30ds, and love it! Took delivery on the 23rd and immediately packed it and left the next day to do the "family circuit" for Christmas here is SoCal. We then used it again for a New Years trip. Coming from a mid 90's class A that I bought in very used condition several years ago, I'm blown away by the amount of thought and features that forrest river was able to include on this "entry level" coach. Sure after our first use I've got a list of stuff for the dealer to handle. Some of the bigger ones...
Floor gets air under it and bows up while under way, not glued down?

One side of the motorized arm for the loft bed no longer bolted to the frame/support, so it's no longer attached, leaving only one motor and it's not strong enough to lift the bed back up.

Can't seem to drain the fresh water tank from the low point drains on the passenger side of coach. Maybe user error, but seems like just remove the caps and the fresh should come out... It's just a simple line to bottom of tank.

DVD player won't play in bedroom as there is no lines run from the head unit as it is to the other TV's
Fr3 Dad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2016, 11:19 PM   #2

Congratulations on your fr3 and welcome to the forum from Wv
1 mutt
on occasion 1 DD
themounties is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 09:38 AM   #3

Welcome from Wisconsin and congrats on your 2016 FR3 30DS.
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 02:17 PM   #4

Good luck.
welder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 02:22 PM   #5
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Low point drains are different than fresh water tank drain. Look for another drain near the fresh water tank.
AquaMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 03:11 PM   #6

I know on our 2015, there is no connection between TV and house DVD player and I don't think that has changed. So the rear bedroom only has ANT stations. You'll have to have a separate DVD player in the bedroom.
KansasFR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 05:43 PM   #7
HAPPY WHEN RV'ING

Welcome from SoCal.
The fresh water drain is not in the low point compartment. Look under the coach by that compartment. You'll see a couple more with screw caps for draining.

Curt & Isabel, & 9er (our Goldendoodle)
2014 Forest River FR3 30DS (Beasty)
2014 Honda CRV EX-L (toad)

drivmsafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 08:34 PM   #8

Thanks guys
Old 01-07-2016, 10:37 PM   #9

Congratulations, and welcome to the forum! I purchased my 2016 FR3 30DS in March, and have had a couple of issues as well, but overall I am thrilled with my purchase. I just installed a go power solar and inverter system and can't wait to try it out.
Old 01-08-2016, 09:31 AM   #10

Welcome FR3 Dad, we're also in SoCal and picked up our FR3 30DS on Dec 5th. We are finally doing our first trip this weekend. As to the bedroom TV, it is definitely not hooked up. I put a separate DVD player back there as it was going to be too expensive to have it wired. Currently compiling my list of issues, so far nothing major.
timo123z is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 12:50 PM   #11

I don't have a FR3 but my bedroom TV has the DVD player built into the TV on the right side. Just a thought.
myclmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 12:59 PM   #12

We got one of those wireless HDMI transmitters and use it for both of our TV's when we are watching DVD's

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...ilpage_o06_s00

Garren
Edgar & Carlos (felines)
RIP Sophie, the sweetest cat ever.
ChrisAndGarren is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 04:39 PM   #13

Awesome!

We put a separate DVD player in the bedroom for mom and dad. They're inexpensive.

Happy travels.

Antone

2015 Forest River FR3 30DS - No Ragrets

Toad - 2011 Jeep Wrangler
Antone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 05:38 PM   #14

We bought ours last year in Jan at rv show, have never had a major problem, had a magnet issue with the over-cab bunk fixed by dealer under warranty. We have had such a great times so far, our best to you!
Celkalee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 05:46 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fr3 Dad View Post
We just got a 2016 fr3 30ds, and love it! Took delivery on the 23rd and immediately packed it and left the next day to do the "family circuit" for Christmas here is SoCal. We then used it again for a New Years trip. Coming from a mid 90's class A that I bought in very used condition several years ago, I'm blown away by the amount of thought and features that forrest river was able to include on this "entry level" coach. Sure after our first use I've got a list of stuff for the dealer to handle. Some of the bigger ones...
Floor gets air under it and bows up while under way, not glued down?

One side of the motorized arm for the loft bed no longer bolted to the frame/support, so it's no longer attached, leaving only one motor and it's not strong enough to lift the bed back up.

Can't seem to drain the fresh water tank from the low point drains on the passenger side of coach. Maybe user error, but seems like just remove the caps and the fresh should come out... It's just a simple line to bottom of tank.

DVD player won't play in bedroom as there is no lines run from the head unit as it is to the other TV's

Congrats on the new unit
Get it all taken care of properly
glued down floor or not, it show not blow up /get air under it when driving
you need more then just glue like a good sealing job

as far as tank drain,I'll wager it's construction debris clogging the valve/lines. they never clean out the tanks after drilling their access holes .
northstar1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 08:49 PM   #16

Thanks again for all the reply's. The DVD in rear bed is no big deal really, DVD players are cheap these days. The floor is a biggie and don't really know how they are gonna fix it without ripping it all up and doing it over, I'm no vinyl guy, but I will keep close tabs on their solution. Also, forgot to mention (it's on the list though) the dinette table doesn't fit between the benches in the down position... Gap between benches is just a pinch to narrow. As for the fresh water drain, there are no other drain that I can see other then the two blue hoses (and the overfill hose) that are located at the low point drain on the passenger side. It will drain if I have the pump on (so it's not clogged), but I can't imagine that's the solution as it wIll take a while for the pump to run and will also run it dry. It appears as though one line runs directly from the bottom of the tank, so it doesn't really make sense that it doesn't drain. Even if it were clogged at that point it would at least drip out slow.
Old 01-08-2016, 10:11 PM   #17

Congratulations!! Have fun, it is soooooo awesome out there traveling, meeting people, exchanging information about your rig and learning about all the variations (of rigs) out there. My Wife and I bought a 2015 Forest River Legacy Motorhome, and yes there are bugs that had to be worked out,
and a lot of stuff to learn, but in the end, it is worth it.. Keep fixing, keep learning, and get out there whenever you can!!!
jkillesr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2016, 10:20 PM   #18

Congrats on your purchase! We purchased our 2016 30ds in June and love it as well. Very happy and have had zero issues so far and have put about 4000 miles on it with many days of camping. Added a few shelves and fantastic fans in the bedroom and living area. Got a small blue ray player at Costco for about 40.00 and it now dwells in the bedroom. Now just counting the days to good weather so we can be off again.
Old 01-08-2016, 10:32 PM   #19

Low point water drain on my 2015. You have to climb underneath the camper and unscrew the plugs from the ends of the hoses hanging down outside of the camper. They are right below the water pump.
Towing 2016 Chevy Sonic LT
TLAK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2016, 12:19 AM   #20

Right TLAK... The problem is... They are not draining. When opened, they release only the residual water in the lines, it appears as though (I could very well be wrong) that one of the lines is just as the sticker says, a low point to drain the water lines in the coach, and the other is to drain the contents of the fresh water tank. Water will come out of one of the lines but only when pressurized by the pump.

Tags
motorhome