Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-11-2018, 08:05 PM   #1

Broken Door Latch

Our daughter and family are currently traveling in our 2016 FR3 30DS. This evening she called and the door latch assembly jammed and after crawling in a window and disassembly it from the inside they found a broken latch. Does any one know the part number of the door latch assembly and a recommended source. Thank you. Jim
Jim Wiemels is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 08:43 PM   #2

There is another thread out there in the forum. Here is the original replacement they listed.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	239
Size:	231.9 KB
ID:	171541  
CC Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 08:45 PM   #3

Here is a push button replacement option also listed in the other forum thread.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	194
Size:	516.7 KB
ID:	171542  
CC Traveler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2018, 10:23 PM   #4

FR3Traverer - Thank you for your recommendation, I ordered the Trimark lock from Amazon and will have it Monday.
Old 05-12-2018, 03:32 PM   #5

Jim do yourself a favor and take pictures of the door plates when you take it off. I did not take pictures, just took it off and when putting the new one on I realized there's a trick to how the metal plates line up. I had the same issue and replaced it w/ the Trimark one that was already mentioned in this thread. But taking pictures would have saved me a lot of annoyance and time when putting the new one on.

I bought my new lock @ a local RV store and it was twice the price of the Amazon one so good find there FR3Traveler.
mjessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 04:10 PM   #6

mjessie, thanks for the recommendation, did you have to modify the door lock opening or did it fit without a problem once you determined how to install ? Our unit is a 2016 FR3 and I don’t know what generation our current lock is compared to the Trimark 60 1650.
Old 05-12-2018, 04:32 PM   #7

No there was no modification needed. The issue is I had a couple of the plates backwards and it wasn't fitting properly. I thought there was something w/ the lock or the plates but in the end, it was my error. It just took me way longer than it should have. If I had pictures on how the metal plates lined up it wouldn't have been a problem.
I cannot say if the lock in the Amazon link is the exact same one I purchased at the RV supply store but it probably is. It's a pretty standard lock considering I had no issue finding it locally.
mjessie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2018, 08:42 PM   #8
edm

We have had to replace our latch twice now. The new latches fit right in the same place. Also the striker plates didn’t even have to be replaced or adjusted. The new latch should have the large pins and your striker plate should be the large pin Model.
Our unit is also a 201630DS.
edm is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door