Old 08-10-2015, 07:36 PM   #11

Philv, I also have a carbon monoxide detector above my bed on my FR3 -30 DS. It does say carbon monoxide and needs 3 batteries.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Old 08-10-2015, 07:42 PM   #12

In my 2015 30DS my carbon dioxide detector/alarm is on the ceiling in the bedroom at the very back end of the coach. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1439250116.899264.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	53.6 KB
ID:	85300

Old 08-10-2015, 07:54 PM   #13

Reading the instructions pamphlet that came with the detector and it says, if used in RV, permanently mount to wall or ceiling. 4 quick beeps repeating every 5 seconds indicates a dangerous concentrations of CO detected.
Old 08-10-2015, 08:04 PM   #14
Cyber Phrenologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by philv View Post
This is a Carbon Monoxide detector. It says carbon Monoxide detector on in. It is mounted over the bed on the ceiling on my 2014 FR3 28DS. It has three AA batteries. Differeant on the FR3 30, as you say. . Mine is not hard wired. But it is definatly a carbon Monoxide detector.
The ones that come with the RV are the cheapest ones made. I replaced mine with upgraded, residential, smoke/fire/CO detectors with a bright LED escape light. I think they ware about $30 at Lowe's.

They don't false. They work like they should.
2008 (or is it 2009?) Rockwood 8280SS - 2007 F-150
Lot's of mostly Kenwood radios

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2015, 10:08 PM   #15

Mine (FR3) also has the CARBON MONOXIDE sensor in the bedroom on the ceiling. Since carbon monoxide's specific gravity is almost exactly the same as air, it can be mounted at any height. You can see that this appears to be meant to mount on the ceiling and it is OSHA approved.
Old 08-10-2015, 10:19 PM   #16

BTW Radio.. In your profile you mention to visit here: "forestriver forums ham radio and rving" Is this a separate section on this board? I don't see it anywhere and only see a single thread on Ham Radio in the General forum.

Jim
AI4SR
Extra. Base and Mobile in the RV
Old 08-10-2015, 11:16 PM   #17

Don't overlook the obvious...same thing happened to us. It turned out to be a bad CO detector. Replaced it and everything was fine.
Old 08-11-2015, 08:36 AM   #18

The photo Leisrelarry posted is the exact same Carbon Monoxide Alarm that I have. Mounted over the bed.
I will be buying a new (additional) C/O detector. I will also try and run everything just to see if it occures again, just in case there is a C/O leak somewhere. If it goes off I will have some friends from the F.D. come over with a C/O detector to try and find the leak. Plus have the service Dept. check it when I take it in on the 25th.
I read up on C/O detectors and it says they can be mounted just about anywhere (However not close to any appliance etc) but five feet off the floor on the wall is best.
My smoke detector is mounted on the ceiling just behind the drivers chair.
Old 08-11-2015, 08:41 AM   #19

thanks Jim Schings.
Old 08-11-2015, 05:08 PM   #20
Former Full Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by philv View Post
The photo Leisrelarry posted is the exact same Carbon Monoxide Alarm that I have. Mounted over the bed.
I will be buying a new (additional) C/O detector. I will also try and run everything just to see if it occures again, just in case there is a C/O leak somewhere. If it goes off I will have some friends from the F.D. come over with a C/O detector to try and find the leak. Plus have the service Dept. check it when I take it in on the 25th.
I read up on C/O detectors and it says they can be mounted just about anywhere (However not close to any appliance etc) but five feet off the floor on the wall is best.
My smoke detector is mounted on the ceiling just behind the drivers chair.
Since it is exactly what you said it was (I have not seen a separate battery powered unit used in this application before) Im wondering where your LP gas detector is??? BTW, learned something new and reminded not to assume so thanks.

Elbert Hubbard
Duckogram is offline   Reply With Quote