Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-21-2018, 04:18 PM   #1

Change out TV in Kitchen

Has anyone changed out the TV in the kitchen area? Mine was stolen and I've tried 3 different TVs to replace it but the mounting holes don't line up.
Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
parkerhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 09:58 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by parkerhere View Post
Has anyone changed out the TV in the kitchen area? Mine was stolen and I've tried 3 different TVs to replace it but the mounting holes don't line up.
Any suggestions? Thanks in advance.
  1. to the Forum from Alaska!

The forum is the place to get answers but you need to help us by giving us more information about your RV. IE: Brand, Model, etc.

Please click on the "User CP" above & "Edit Signature" on the next page. This is where you can add text to every post to describe your RV. See mine below.

2. You may nave missing parts to your TV mount. My TV is over the sink. The 28DS & 32DS have the same TV mount. If I knew you had a TV mount like mine, I would take a picture of the back of my tv mount for you.
Solar Power & Battle Born batteries
rk06382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 07:05 AM   #3
Trailer Park Supervisor

TV mounts can be had relatively cheap, and they SHOULD conform to VESA, a standard among mfrs for mounting holes, and most TV mfrs conform to same standard. May be easier to change out the mount bracket than to try to find a TV that fits.

I can't believe somebody stole the TV. People still steal TV's? That is so 1970's.
NJKris is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 09:29 AM   #4

Thank you Robert. Mine is a 30DS. You are right that there may be some parts missing. There is only a flat piece of metal with some holes in it at the back of the mount. It's the type of mount that is hinged and lifts up with storage behind. I'm gonna try to drill new holes but having a hard time figuring out how to know where to drill.
Old 10-22-2018, 09:31 AM   #5

I was surprised too. Didn't think used TVs were worth much.
Old 10-22-2018, 09:36 AM   #6

Thanks for the Edit Signature advise. I added it so it should start showing up.
Old 10-22-2018, 10:14 AM   #7
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

There are two different standard patterns of TV mount holes on the back of the TV's today.

I already had two RV locking swivel mounts with the small hole pattern so I had to look at the back of the TV's before I purchased.

I have two Vizio's in the RV and I wanted to put a bigger one in the living room, and every TV 32" or larger had the larger screw hole pattern.

However, the Vizio and TCL TV's at Walmart and Best Buy (Walmart is cheaper for the same TV's) both had the smaller hole pattern, so I went with the 32" Vizio 1080P Smart TV.

Also have that same model mounted to the wall in the house bedroom.

I've had six Vizio TV's over the years and a few other brands as well, but I love the Vizios.

As far as I'm concerned they are the best TV's on the market!
JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 10:20 AM   #8
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

Quote:
I was surprised too. Didn't think used TVs were worth much.
Problem is that most anyone who would steal a flat screen TV is only after a few quick bucks for some booze or drugs...
JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 11:58 AM   #9

Quote:
Thank you Robert. Mine is a 30DS. You are right that there may be some parts missing. There is only a flat piece of metal with some holes in it at the back of the mount. It's the type of mount that is hinged and lifts up with storage behind. I'm gonna try to drill new holes but having a hard time figuring out how to know where to drill.
Look at cheap TV mounts in a store like Walmart. A wall mount kit should have all the screws & brackets you need to mount a TV to your FR3 bracket. The VESA mounting screws on the back of a TV are metric.
Solar Power & Battle Born batteries
rk06382 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 01:17 PM   #10

Send a message via AIM to DannyFaye Send a message via MSN to DannyFaye
tv

I have 30DS changed my tv with a Samsung worked good no drilling used same holes
DannyFaye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2018, 01:48 PM   #11
Trailer Park Supervisor

Quote:
Problem is that most anyone who would steal a flat screen TV is only after a few quick bucks for some booze or drugs...
More likely kids. Most thieves, junkies or not, do not want to spend time somewhere they shouldn't be for risk of being caught. Whoever stole a MOUNTED TV took their time. They were there for awhile, maybe just hanging out. Then decided to take the TV. So the trailer was likely parked in a unattended location for a prolonged period for the little punks to think it would be safe for them to do their dirty little deeds.
NJKris is online now   Reply With Quote