Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-11-2014, 11:25 PM   #1

Thumbs down Check your plumbing before you pull off the lot!

First, let me say I love how my new FR3 handles, but other than that I do not have many positives to add. We have had nothing but problems. We purchased the RV out of state based on the competitive pricing and lack of a 25ft. in stock within 200 miles. After driving 10 hours one way, to bring it home, our first trip was quite eventful. While dewinterizing the unit, I pulled the grey tank handle to be covered in feces. The grey line and black line were switched. Not just the handles, the entire lines. We had to schedule our first service. Wait three weeks to get in for repairs & then wait another three weeks for it to get fixed. Now, it leaks from the elbow area.

The second trip out our vacation was interrupted by the Air Conditioning Unit failing. The 15000 unit would not kick off in AU mode. The dealer said to run it on high fan. That worked for about six hours and then the fan and A/C both stopped. I can hear a click, but that it is it. So, after waiting since June 11 to get into a dealer for warranty work, we are waiting again for the work to be completed-dropped it off today. It is very frustrating to have purchased a vehicle that cost more than most folk's homes and it to have so many issues.

LED headlights work sporadically, 12 volt fuses keep blowing when charging iphones, new bedroom tv installed in rear and the cable isn't connected after mounted, dinette slide is jerking very hard when opening (yes, we are level), yellow spots on ceiling appearing, and don't get me started on not having the LED awning strip. The dealer ordered the awning tube, but the service department couldn't get all the parts to install it.

I understand this forum is to be respectful and I just say having an RV has not be enjoyable at all. I wish we could just give it back. I had to cancel our 4th of July vacation because our A/C wasn't fixed. We have had the RV since March and it has been nothing but problems. Big problems, not the little ones of your driving your house down the road, what do you expect problems. Combined our payments/insurance cost $825 a month and for five months now we have not had full access to the vehicle. I am hoping Forest River will provide some type of relief. I think we need an extended warranty.
FR3Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2014, 09:08 AM   #2

Hi FR3jones

How have you made out with your issues? Has Forrest River been responsive?
Clemdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2014, 02:38 AM   #3
FR3 Division

FR3Jones - when you get a free moment, i would like to discuss the issues your experiencing, make sure your reciving the attention you need to get your issued addressed. please call me at 574-532-1240 or email me at mhums@forestriverinc.com thank you in advance for your time and I look forward to hearing from you...
Michael Hums is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2014, 10:27 AM   #4

What great service from FR, any update?
Seasonal is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
plumbing