checked out the 32ds today
- it is an awesome setup, best of the f3 bunch.
- bedroom in particular is awesome. lots of room, perfectly laid out...huge improvement here over the other models. i mean really huge improvement.
- the "bunk area" in back before bedroom. That would be perfect to dump the bunks, and instead have a desk/office setup here. the bunk platform is 33 1/2 by 72 inches....easily good for a desk/files/printer, pc, monitor etc etc. if i buy this model i will do that mod here.
- bathroom - thats a bit crowded..the all in one bathroom, and the shower is a bit narrower than the other FR all in one layouts, that was my only gripe on the interior.
Generator and 2 AC units
- Generator is pretty quiet, and the AC is pretty awesome....chilled the bedroom down from a million degrees to perfectly chilly in like 10-15 minutes. huuuuge improvement with the 5500 gen, and the two 18k equivalent, very effective, and quiet AC units. This is sure to make all of the 30DS owners, who are now experiencing Global Camper Warming with their under powered single AC units and easy bake oven generator, very jealous.
- Why Forest River, why???? Why did you replace the previously sexy/racy and cool headlights of the other models...with the two tiny bread truck looking ones you stuck on the 32DS??? Completely ruins the look of the front end. Reminds me of a frito lay truck. I cant believe it as that was such a sweet looking part of the F3's...those awesome lights.
- they did put a mesh in the grill to keep the birds from flying in.
- on the top of the front end, just before roof line....the one at the dealer i was at today has what looks like a half done spraypaint coloring. I thought was some sort of defect or some issue on just this specific vehicle. But no...as i am looking at web page pics of other 32DS, they all have it.
I cant believe how sweet the interior is, and the 2 ac's and larger gen...and the amazing bedroom...and the perfect spot for an office desk..
and i Really cannot believe they made the front so ugly. If not for the sabotage of the look of front, id have bought the 32 today. i know its fashion, not function that is keeping me on sidelines for now...but damn...its almost like whoever redesigned the front end works for Thor and is a double agent at Forest River...its pure sabotage of what is a really good look on the other 2016 FR's.
Scratching my head on how that got approved to be done. FR seems so good at improving this line...and then the 32 front end happened. perhaps the designer had hit the Chicago dead shows and was still tripping the day this was done? Maybe the CEO was on an extended vacation and missed approving personally? They had some turnover in the exterior design and lighting and paint group? I dont know. must be some explanation though. horrible.