Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-28-2015, 10:39 PM   #1

checked out the 32ds today

my thoughts...

Interior
- it is an awesome setup, best of the f3 bunch.

- bedroom in particular is awesome. lots of room, perfectly laid out...huge improvement here over the other models. i mean really huge improvement.

- the "bunk area" in back before bedroom. That would be perfect to dump the bunks, and instead have a desk/office setup here. the bunk platform is 33 1/2 by 72 inches....easily good for a desk/files/printer, pc, monitor etc etc. if i buy this model i will do that mod here.

- bathroom - thats a bit crowded..the all in one bathroom, and the shower is a bit narrower than the other FR all in one layouts, that was my only gripe on the interior.

Generator and 2 AC units
- Generator is pretty quiet, and the AC is pretty awesome....chilled the bedroom down from a million degrees to perfectly chilly in like 10-15 minutes. huuuuge improvement with the 5500 gen, and the two 18k equivalent, very effective, and quiet AC units. This is sure to make all of the 30DS owners, who are now experiencing Global Camper Warming with their under powered single AC units and easy bake oven generator, very jealous.

Exterior
- Why Forest River, why???? Why did you replace the previously sexy/racy and cool headlights of the other models...with the two tiny bread truck looking ones you stuck on the 32DS??? Completely ruins the look of the front end. Reminds me of a frito lay truck. I cant believe it as that was such a sweet looking part of the F3's...those awesome lights.

- they did put a mesh in the grill to keep the birds from flying in.

- on the top of the front end, just before roof line....the one at the dealer i was at today has what looks like a half done spraypaint coloring. I thought was some sort of defect or some issue on just this specific vehicle. But no...as i am looking at web page pics of other 32DS, they all have it.

I cant believe how sweet the interior is, and the 2 ac's and larger gen...and the amazing bedroom...and the perfect spot for an office desk..

and i Really cannot believe they made the front so ugly. If not for the sabotage of the look of front, id have bought the 32 today. i know its fashion, not function that is keeping me on sidelines for now...but damn...its almost like whoever redesigned the front end works for Thor and is a double agent at Forest River...its pure sabotage of what is a really good look on the other 2016 FR's.

Scratching my head on how that got approved to be done. FR seems so good at improving this line...and then the 32 front end happened. perhaps the designer had hit the Chicago dead shows and was still tripping the day this was done? Maybe the CEO was on an extended vacation and missed approving personally? They had some turnover in the exterior design and lighting and paint group? I dont know. must be some explanation though. horrible.
cabbage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 08:07 AM   #2

Glad to hear they addressed some of the short falls of prior year FR's . They also went to 18,000 on the A/C units in the 25DS. The change in the headlights/ front end could possibly be that also. Need to hear from 2016 owners as to effective visual area at night.
Grumpy Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 09:43 AM   #3

I can't wait to add a second AC to our 30DS. Crazy they would even bother building a 32ft coach without two AC units. But I guess it works for most people. Good luck with your decision. Exciting times.
KansasFR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 10:30 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grumpy Guy View Post
Glad to hear they addressed some of the short falls of prior year FR's . They also went to 18,000 on the A/C units in the 25DS. The change in the headlights/ front end could possibly be that also. Need to hear from 2016 owners as to effective visual area at night.
As i have checked out more...appears all models got the front end uglification, not just the 32. i just personally like the look of the 15's up front more than the 16's.
Old 10-06-2015, 01:21 AM   #5
Motoring

We camped in Florida pan handle in July and no problem with the single AC unit keeping us comfortable.

2013 30DS
grotto69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 02:04 AM   #6

Wow grotto, that is in stark contrast to what others have said in here about the 30ds ac. Especially a 2013, that's a 13,500 btu right? Maybe you just like it hotter than most, or your AC unit has more mojo than others? I still have yet to take the leap and decided which version to buy. The 2 ac's / larger generator in the 32 is definitely a factor though.
Old 10-06-2015, 07:51 PM   #7

We were in Orlando in July and it was in the high 90s. We were comfortable in our 2015 30ds. I did keep blinds down during the day and put in ceiling vent covers.

MSG (Ret)
U.S. Army
Active-duty 66-92
2015 FR3 30DS
fpo1123 is offline   Reply With Quote