Old 06-15-2015, 01:16 AM   #71

Bubbles when you say you contacted ford who did you call? I'd like to phone that same line if you don't mind. I do not want to take JeNNY in and have this service done for me. I don't have the time and would just like a new clamp sent to me. As for the nuts and bolts for mounting, I'm going to use all grade 8 with locking nuts with grade 8 washers on the back side of the mounting plate on the axle. Along with the locking nuts also lock tight juice will be used as well. All I want from fomoco is the clamp. Or heck I'll remove the passengers side clamp and fab up my own clamp using the passengers clamp as my model eh..

JeNNY (2015 FR3 / 30DS)
2000 Jeep TJ Moab Rock Crawler
2013 Jeep JK
USS Seattle (AOE-3) 84-88 Wayne
US Army 06-15 Sherry

Old 06-15-2015, 07:47 AM   #72

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne and sherry View Post
Bubbles when you say you contacted ford who did you call? I'd like to phone that same line if you don't mind. I do not want to take JeNNY in and have this service done for me. I don't have the time and would just like a new clamp sent to me. As for the nuts and bolts for mounting, I'm going to use all grade 8 with locking nuts with grade 8 washers on the back side of the mounting plate on the axle. Along with the locking nuts also lock tight juice will be used as well. All I want from fomoco is the clamp. Or heck I'll remove the passengers side clamp and fab up my own clamp using the passengers clamp as my model eh..

JeNNY (2015 FR3 / 30DS)
2013 Jeep JK
US Army 06-15 Sherry
I called the 800-444-3311 motorhome assistance number and worked my way thru them to get someone that directed me to a service location (45 miles away/Harker Hts, TX). I sent that service location pictures of my sway bar issue via e-mail so I would not have to take the coach to them just for verification. Don't have a name but it went pretty smooth for me. There was a wait for the service location to get the parts before they called me back but it was not frustratingly long. No charge for parts/installation. Good luck with your issue.

Old 06-17-2015, 11:21 AM   #73

what is the torque settings for the front end bolts, thanks
hammer55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 08:04 PM   #74
Former Full Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by hammer55 View Post
what is the torque settings for the front end bolts, thanks
Page 1 of the attachment will answer your queston(s).
http://assets.rigidhitch.com/Blue_Ox/TT2400.pdf
Elbert Hubbard
Duckogram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 06:41 PM   #75

Tight Bolts

Any secret to loosening the sway bolts, they are on very tight, using a 3/8 socket drive, still could not get good leverage to budge a millimeter
US Army 22 years
Days Camped
2015 - 50+ days
bigduke1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 07:04 PM   #76

Tight Sway Bolts

Hello All, just looked up on Ehow about loosening loctite bolts, dont have impact wrench, nor a 6 ft long hunk of pipe, don't want to use heat in that area; when I take to dealer later, may be able to get them to adjust settings for me
US Army 22 years
Days Camped
2015 - 50+ days
bigduke1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-24-2015, 07:16 PM   #77

Mine came off with a ˝ drive breaker bar. ..
Old 06-24-2015, 11:33 PM   #78
Former Full Timer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigduke1956 View Post
Hello All, just looked up on Ehow about loosening loctite bolts, dont have impact wrench, nor a 6 ft long hunk of pipe, don't want to use heat in that area; when I take to dealer later, may be able to get them to adjust settings for me
There are different kinds of loctite. You do not need a torch to loosen the sway bar link bolts. Do you not have a 1/2" drive torque wrench?
Elbert Hubbard
Duckogram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 02:23 AM   #79

Mine came off easily, but again my RV has ford parts falling off it almost every time l get under it and look around. One good thing these parts all have a "ford" stamp on them, I guess ford wants the people who find these parts along our road ways to know that it was their part that falls off their products just in case it flys thru someone's windshield, or knocks a motorcyclist off his/her motorcycle that if they survive they will know who to sue. By the way, ford will not warranty their missing parts as they fall off. So this sent me to the Junk yards trying to see if l could find the missing parts on my brand new F53 chassis motorhome, and every ford product l looked at out there from yesteryears had the parts very firmly attached.
Ford I would be very concerned about the crap your putting on Americas roads today, someone's going to get killed when your ford parts are falling off as folks drive your products down the road.
I have made the decision to cancel our planned trip over the 4th of July, and instead I'll spend that time Under and around my new ford product checking every nut and bolt I can see and can get at to make sure they are tight and won't fall off as I'm driving down the road. You see ford, I Care. You don't.

JeNNY (2015 FR3 / 30DS)
2013 Jeep JK
US Army 06-15 Sherry
Old 06-25-2015, 02:24 AM   #80

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1435213475.933778.jpg
Views:	134
Size:	104.1 KB
ID:	81070

JeNNY (2015 FR3 / 30DS)