Old 11-21-2015, 11:43 AM   #11
Post FR3 exterior height

Here is a discussion on this topic from an earlier thread...

FR3 exterior height

2016 FR3 30DS
vacationlovers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2015, 09:01 PM   #12
Former Full Timer
2x4 8' long
carpenters level
16' ladder
16' lufkin
level ground

Park on level ground. Set ladder up in line with your highest point.
Climb up the ladder carrying your 2x4 with the level taped to the 2" end somewhere where you will be able to see the bubble and your lufkin.
Set the end of the 2x4 on your highest point.
Center the bubble and measure the distance from the bottom of the 2x4 to the ground.
Now you KNOW the height of your unit. So when you go to Glacier NP you will know if you can get under that Amtrac bridge.

That's your Vector Victor.

The recipe for perpetual ignorance is:
Be satisfied with your opinions
and content with your knowledge.
Elbert Hubbard
Duckogram is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 01:41 PM   #13
I have a 2015 FR3 DS30 and my rule of thumb is 13' that allows for the factory installed
radio antenna with about 2" of clearance above it. You might want to print up a label with
Maximum Clearance 13' and stick it on the drivers side dash board somewhere.
davecole14 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 02:01 PM   #14
I measured the same as Turbs mention, do not believe the brochure. I came out as 12.8' not what was listed. So if I do not see 13' i don't go under it. To expensive not to know your height, every unit even the same model is different. Easy to do and then you know. I know I can't go back to Turbs and say you said it was this. MEASURE IT. Besafe. Unless you have alot of insurance that will pay for your RV and damage done to the overpass.
Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2015, 08:01 PM   #15
Get a Rand McNally GPS. Enter the specs of your RV; width, height, # axels, size of propane tank, weight. .... it keeps you safe. RM keeps track of all state by state, road by road and routes you safely. With optional TRAFFIC-EVERYWHERE it advises you just like Google Maps. There's lots more, like where the tank dumps are. RV GPS Did I mention that the PC interface enables trip planning on your computer and then download to the GPS unit? Or the fuel log with auto calculate? Oh, and it tells you where to find fuel and the prices at all stations. There's more. Chechnya it out.

DennisSimon is offline   Reply With Quote