Old 07-25-2016, 10:29 AM   #1
Coach or house battery

Ok when should this switch by my door be on coach. Everyone says when I driving but what if I am running my fridge or ac while driving. What is the reason for the switch?

ostmd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 11:42 AM   #2
If you are talking about the coach power switch, you want this on when you are driving so your coach batteries can charge up. None of your coach electrical (batteries) are on if this switch is off. Having the switch on while driving you are taking advantage of your truck to charge up these house batteries. As far as your AC & refrigerator, either you are running your generator or have a very long electrical cord. The fridge runs on propane but won't ignite the pilot with no electrical. The new fridges have electrical igniters not a constant pilot light. Both of these also charge your house batteries. Just make sure this switch is off when you are not using the house and no refrigerator on. Propane on while driving? Well, that is a debate we won't do here The jury is still out

2016.5 FR3 30DS AKA "Serenity"
Searching for that perfect spot with loving Wife & 2 mini dachshunds

Days Camped 2015 56
Days Camped 2016 121 and counting
DavidMPDK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 12:06 PM   #3
Berkshire 390QS
The swich is what many call the salesman swich which will turn off almost all 12 volt items, like lights, fans etc. We leave our switch on all the time and don't see any need to turn off. Some people turn it off when they are putting their unit in storage of a long time, otherwise just leave it on.

2011: 54 days, 2012: 218 days, 2013: 175 days, 2014: 196 days
2015: 188 days, 2016: 72 days,
2009 Berkshire, 390QS, and toad
NO3putt is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 03:57 PM   #4
I thought the switch was to have the wife call me at work because nothing is working in the coach......or when I have already stepped out and left a light on

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
antilley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-25-2016, 04:58 PM   #5
Coach or house battery

I turn mine off when I drop it off at the storage lot. It's good protection in case you left something on by mistake, like lights you don't notice if it's sunny out. I turn it on the day before the next trip when I start the fridge.

Also I leave it during the entire trip, driving and camping.
2015 FR3 30DS
Towing 2016 Chevy Sonic LT
TLAK is online now   Reply With Quote