Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-25-2019, 04:29 PM   #1

Cold Air From Dash Vents When Stopped

Just noticed a stream of air coming out of our dash vents when parked and set up is that normal? How would you stop it?
Lfresin1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 04:48 PM   #2
Kanadian Kamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lfresin1 View Post
Just noticed a stream of air coming out of our dash vents when parked and set up is that normal? How would you stop it?
I experienced the same with our Georgetown built on the same F53 chassis.

Make sure your vent selector dial is in the “OFF” position.
Fan OFF......temp dial,position doesn’t matter.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2019, 05:06 PM   #3

There is no OFF selection. Fab is set to off, then again without the engine on, it wouldn’t run anyway. I could try turning the ignition to accessory and set the button for recirculating.
Old 11-25-2019, 07:56 PM   #4

My FR3 is on a 2014 F53 chassis. The center position of the selector knob is off (indicator straight up). If the selector is not in the off position the mixing function will bring in some outside air, with the engine off it would feel cold. I think the engine needs to be running to successfully reset the damper position.
2015 fr3 30DS, added 2nd A/C-Heat Pump, both A/C have EasyStart, Auto Transfer Switch, CHF with Hellwig Links, Progressive Power Management, TPMS, Blue Ox True-Center, Koni Shocks, HID Headlamps, LED Foglamps, Pioneer Stereo, Keyless entry, Auxiliary Cooling Fans for A/C Condenser, dashcam front-rear, Yokohama Tires, air ride seats, onboard air compressor, 3000 watt hybrid Victron inverter Venus Generator Control, centramatic wheel balancers
Hogq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 03:27 PM   #5

Vacuum

This happened once on my Coachman Catalina. I discovered the controls had lost vacuum and the 'default' was blowing air out of the dash window defroster vents. I had to discover (use a vacuum tester ) the hose damage, repair and then the system started working correctly again. I am not sue if you have the same problem or not - it just sounds familiar to my problem.
Gideon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 03:55 PM   #6

Be dure yhe system is set to recirculate before turning off ignition. If it is set on outside air outside air will come in especially if there is a breeze an even more if you are pointing into the breeze.

Toad 2015 Toyota Tacoma
Tbonz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 04:21 PM   #7
Kanadian Kamper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lfresin1 View Post
There is no OFF selection. Fab is set to off, then again without the engine on, it wouldn’t run anyway. I could try turning the ignition to accessory and set the button for recirculating.
Don’t your HVAC controls look like these?

OFF position is clearly marked.

It will close the damper without the keys in the ignition.
Listen closely and you’ll hear it move.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	C54A8719-9F29-4D56-B087-96B720F825FE.jpg
Views:	77
Size:	175.2 KB
ID:	219895  

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2019, 06:08 PM   #8

My 2015 ACE had controls like that. The 2020 FR3 doesn’t have OFF, but it has a recirculate button, which would be equal to that, that I suggested I would try. No air comes in when the wind isn’t blowing.
Old 11-26-2019, 11:40 PM   #9

My 2011 Georgetown has an "Off" position but I've found that I still get cold air entering the vehicle with it set in that position. Setting it to "Max A/C" sets it up for recirculation which eliminates entry of outside air.

Phil
pmsherman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
vent