Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-14-2017, 07:56 PM   #1
Rickydeee

Contact person at Forest River

We bought a new 2016 FR3 30DS last year, traveled cross country and had a great time. Accumulated a list of relatively minor warranty issues, returned MH to dealer on April 10th. It's been over 8 weeks, still don't have it back. The people at Camping World (where we bought it) have been great, but the delays in getting warranty parts from Forest River are making me an unhappy camper.

New Forest River service policy irks RV dealers | RV Daily Report

Does anyone have a name/number at FR that will light a fire under this process? Thanks for your replies.
rickydeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 09:43 PM   #2
HAPPY WHEN RV'ING

In most cases it's not FR that creates the delay. The dealers have a habit of putting warranty work on the back burner in favor of paying jobs that make them a higher profit. Contacting FR is a good idea and hopefully you can get them to, as you say, light a fire. I'm on the road and don't have my contact list with me. I hope someone can get these for you. Good luck....

Curt & Isabel, & 9er (our Goldendoodle)
2014 Forest River FR3 30DS (Beasty)
2014 Honda CRV EX-L (toad)

drivmsafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2017, 11:48 PM   #3

I've had pretty good luck with FR, try contacting Mike Segale at 909-873-3777 ext. 24, msegale@forestriverinc.com
gijeff58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 01:25 AM   #4

found this in the library not sure if personal or # are any good. There was a recent thread on this site that Forest River is cracking down on dealer to fix the units in a timely manner. Good luck with this.

Forest River Forums - Downloads - forest river contacts

Hope This Helps Tim
TimVWulp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 02:08 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Honestly, I'm willing to bet the delay is camping world. Many dealers are quick to blame FR when in fact your unit is sidelined while they do work on other units instead of yours. When I used to deal with my local CW, they would often blame the manufacturer for delays. After many phone calls, I usually would learn the parts were never even ordered by CW. I learned to call CW every day for an update until my unit was fixed.

My current dealer once told me, it should take less than 10 days to get a part ordered, shipped and received from Forest River if the item is in stock at FR.

I agree your best bet is to contact FR directly. I would also be climbing the service management ladder at CW.

The list Tim provided you above is outdated I believe. FROG Bob (runs forest river owners group) said the website is kept more accurate. Here is the contact info from the forest river Inc website.
Bryan Knight
Phone: (574) 206-7611
Email: bknight@forestriverinc.com

Good luck.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 03:07 AM   #6
SYE
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

The dealers are also in the bad habit of waiting until they order another coach from them, and have the parts shipped in the new coach to not have to pay any shipping charges. Mine was in the dealer for almost 12 weeks, I actually went down to the factory and got my own parts and delivered them to the dealer and asked them what the hold up was, they had ordered the parts earlier that week after finding out I was going there.
Camped 2012 19, 2013 110, 2014 129, 2015 97
2016 93, 2017 79, 2018 84, 2019 59, 2020 0,
2021 4 reserved
SYE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 06:52 AM   #7

We went through the same thing dealer had coach for four months. Said it was forestriver fault, but I had been in contact with forest river before taken to dealer and part and approval were waiting for dealer to respond . Than dealer calls me and says ok parts are here when do you want to bring your unit in. I said you had it for three months. OOOH we will go look for it out in our yard good Idea! I said,any how . Forest river contact for me was Travis Bird fr3 warnaty person 2015. there is a contact list some where in the forums.
Carl17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 07:12 AM   #8
Site Team

I am not a big fan of leaving my unit on a dealer lot unless it is something I can not fix. Most dealer lots are extremely crowded and the employees moving units around are usually not at the top of the pay scale. There are too many posts here about damaged RVs while awaiting repairs. I am not suggesting letting FR or the dealer off the hook on delivering a quality unit, but rather looking at the reality of what can happen on a dealer lot. If your dealer needs to order parts for a repair, take the RV home then return it when the parts arrive.

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 12:41 PM   #9

Cry me a river. I bet most dealers don't ever followup on warranty work. They might put the order in, but after that, they park the unit in the back lot and forget all about it till the customer calls. Then blames FR for delays. When if they had someone take ownership of the RV and pushed things along, they'd get these units in and out. And by the looks of this, FR is recognizing this and pushing back on them to do more paperwork to document their delays.

There are different FR3 reps depending on your location. I'm only aware of Cel Lopez. Here is his contact info. An email to him might lead the right warranty rep.

Cel Lopez
Southwest and West Coast U.S./CANADA
Class A FR3/Georgetown Warranty Rep
clopez@forestriverinc.com
Direct: 574-206-7618
Fax: 574-206-2484
Old 06-15-2017, 03:17 PM   #10

I my case, it has been all Forest River (cedar creek's) fault.

We had a Couch End Table that lost all of the finish and had the finished had all Cracked.
My dealer ordered a new Top. 3 weeks later, the wrong one came in. Reordered, several week later,,,, you guessed it, wrong one again. Ordered a 3th time, now Forest River says they no longer have that vendor???????

It has been months now & Forest River still has not got my dealer the right one. All this with no explanation and no one being help accountable.
Not to mention the fight by Dealer has with Forest River EVERY TIME a warranty issue comes occurs. I have witnessed the excessive amount of documentation Forest River requires.

Not trying to say Dealer are not wrong. They are at times. Sometimes the Dealer is Dead wrong. But in my case as stated in the Link that was first posted by Rickydeee, my dealer has been held hostage by Forest River. This New Dealer Policy mandated by Forest River does NOTHING to help me in my case. Why hold the dealers feet to the fire when you are the problem at times? Is forest River going to be held accountable when they don't get it right? Another "do as I say and not as I do" case.

Forest River,,, your throwing stones inside a glass house! If your trying to help us, start by cleaning up YOUR House FIRST then the Dealer.
wbduckman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 03:41 PM   #11
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbduckman View Post

Forest River,,, your throwing stones inside a glass house! If your trying to help us, start by cleaning up YOUR House FIRST then the Dealer.
It appears you might be expecting someone from Forest River to read your post. You might not have read the disclaimer at the bottom of each page here.

"DISCLAIMER: ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions."

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 03:45 PM   #12

They're supposed to keep all prior vendors of parts just in case someone needs one anytime down the road??? And all that venom over the end table to a couch?? Seriously??

You need to have lived my life with my trailer problems for the last year. You'd be in the Loony Bin.

CC has been beyond awesome with me. Not sure what the difference is..........

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
BandJCarm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2017, 03:51 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickydeee View Post
Does anyone have a name/number at FR that will light a fire under this process? Thanks for your replies.
The FR3 Service Guy @ FR is Bryan Knight (574)206-7611. Good Luck
2016 Ram 2500 6.4 Hemi 4x4
RusLwt001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 07:03 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
It appears you might be expecting someone from Forest River to read your post. You might not have read the disclaimer at the bottom of each page here.

"DISCLAIMER: ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions."
They read this Forum. I assure you they do.
Old 06-16-2017, 07:29 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
They're supposed to keep all prior vendors of parts just in case someone needs one anytime down the road??? And all that venom over the end table to a couch?? Seriously??

You need to have lived my life with my trailer problems for the last year. You'd be in the Loony Bin.

CC has been beyond awesome with me. Not sure what the difference is..........
A Brand new $60,000 5th Wheel that has been used twice. Yes, Seriously!
Where I come from that's a serious amount of money. It should make No difference if it was a $2000 A/c Unit or a $5.00 Hinge. Come to think of it,
maybe that kind of mind set is why Forest River Rep is going down. (My dealers words, not mine)

And besides that. If CC is so awesome, why so much problems for a year? I thing you just made my point.
Old 06-16-2017, 07:34 AM   #16
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by wbduckman View Post
They read this Forum. I assure you they do.
Then we all accept your assurances. Carry on.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2017, 04:45 PM   #17

Purchased a 2016 28 DS at Campers Inn. A problem with black tank plumbing was discovered, sat at dealer for 5 weeks while they "waited for FR to deliver parts". After pick up plumbing still leaked! Brought it to a local (experience with Campers Inn didn't instill confidence in them) FR authorized shop, they diagnosed the problem, contacted FR for warranty authorization ordered parts and repaired the plumbing in 2 1/2 days. Do the math here.
followingfreddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 12:56 PM   #18

I have tried 3 FR service dealers. They were ALL terrible. Maybe just luck, but when I contacted directly at FR, I got parts shipped directly to me, I even received electrical, drawings, directions and even videos in some cases to do my own repairs. (and once they felt so bad the sent the parts free.) The dealers were always worthless and FR knows that. (I am sure others can share terrible stories about FR manufacturing quality or other issues, but IMO they are far better than their dealers. And yes, this could be blamed on them partially also.)
HAM CALLSIGN - AI4SR
EE, IBMer, Race Car Builder, now Retired.
Jim Schings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 03:22 PM   #19
Rickydeee

Thanks to the Forum for your input. It took 11 weeks, and we finally got our rig back from the dealer. I will say that, at least outwardly, Camping World bent over backwards to help us.
When we dropped-off our FR3, they assigned one person in their service office as our rep, and we went over every item on our repair list, marking each with a piece of tape for the tech. That same person called me once a week to advise on FR approval (they approved every claim) and the progress made on ordering/shipping our parts. If there was no progress, they told me why and answered my questions. When the parts were in, the same rep called to say our FR3 was in service and that it would be done in 3 days. It was done in three days and they called to confirm. When we picked it up, the same rep went over every line to make sure that we were satisfied. CW fixed every item correctly and completely, no matter how small.
In our situation, I believe that the delays were caused by Forest River, their warranty approval process and their parts shipping procedures. This conclusion seemed to be confirmed in the link that I included in the original post.
Thanks again to the Forum and it's many contributors.
rickydeee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2017, 09:39 PM   #20

Good for you. Fixed. No matter who did it or who was at fault-fixed. A CW Christmas miracle.
2016 Ram 2500 6.4 Hemi 4x4
RusLwt001 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river