Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-14-2017, 11:30 AM   #1

Covers for your FR3?

I’d like to find a good cover for our 30DS. We bought the paint/finish protector and was told the coach doesn’t need a cover for up to 5 years. I’d hate to be at 5 years and looking at my faded coach with decals peeling. Anyone else have experience with this?
LytesOutFR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 08:19 AM   #2

covers

First time not going south so covered it for its winter nap. Camping world cover Elements Class A cover. Wish We would have cover it in summer because front top has faded above fr3 logo.
Carl17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2017, 08:22 AM   #3

pictuere

forgot picture
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20171022_181218.jpg
Views:	252
Size:	206.9 KB
ID:	156458  
Carl17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 08:38 AM   #4

I'm in the claim process with MaxGaard right now. Light oxidation everywhere but front cap and water spots on decals. The point was to not need to cover it, but .....
Antone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 02:30 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antone View Post
I'm in the claim process with MaxGaard right now. Light oxidation everywhere but front cap and water spots on decals. The point was to not need to cover it, but .....

So the maxguard doesn’t work like it’s supposed to?
Old 11-16-2017, 02:45 PM   #6

Covers for your FR3?

It's hard to say. I have zero trust in the dealer we purchased our FR3 from as to whether or not they even applied it in the first place. Maxgaard would never know, right? Adding to the suspicion, the front cap was repainted under FR warranty due to heavy oxidation within the first year of ownership. I pointedly told the service manager it had Maxgaard and it needed to be reapplied after the paint cured. The front cap still looks perfect 1 1/2 years later, sparkles like new, so I'm pretty sure it was applied there. I am super anal about maintaining the exterior too, my neighbors think I'm nuts.

I will add the independent inspector Maxgaard sent called BS. He said it's impossible for something to do what Maxgaard claims it will. He's inspected over 200 motorhomes and big rigs, said anything with a gel coat is going to oxidize, it takes a lot of work to maintain. He thinks they're banking on people not making claims.

I can say Maxgaard has been great in terms of their handling of my claim. I bought peace of mind and they are delivering there.
Old 11-16-2017, 03:03 PM   #7

Ok good to know... I totally agree with the gelcoat and oxidation statement.
Old 12-02-2017, 07:51 AM   #8

So is the paint/ finish protection worth the cost? How much was it?
Versus3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2017, 09:49 AM   #9

Maxxgard cost me $800 for interior and exterior.
alexchuang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 07:56 PM   #10

Our 5th wheel was destroyed by the sun[emoji35][emoji35]
Didn’t want that to happen again. Almost done with the FR3’s new home when not on the road[emoji106][emoji106]
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_2174.jpg
Views:	162
Size:	305.9 KB
ID:	159805  
Darinfr3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2018, 05:39 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexchuang View Post
Maxxgard cost me $800 for interior and exterior.

Sorry I’m just coming back around to this. Paid the same. In the end I netted $2700 for repainting the rear cap, but then shelled out $680 for a two-day de-oxidation to both sides with a wax, polish, and detail to the whole coach. Also invested $160 in a cover from Empire Covers. I can’t say it was worth it, could have had the coach waxed bi-annually for $300 a pop. That would have been $1200 minus the headaches. Idk. Southern California sun is harsh. Toss in beach and desert camping, maybe it would work in other less severe locations.
Old 08-28-2018, 12:44 PM   #12

https://www.empirecovers.com/class-a-rv-covers.aspx

I used code EMPWEL5 at checkout for an additional 5% off. Don’t know how long it will last, but in the past I’ve found they’re all the same.

[emoji1303]
Old 09-14-2018, 05:52 AM   #13

fr3 Element cover

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carl17 View Post
forgot picture
I use that same cover for my FR3 32DS, I like the way the material breathes, I put a milk carton over my TV antenna before covering it,, But I carry the cover up on to the roof ,, roll it out and I am done. Also has 3 Zippers on one side for access..I cover mine all winter long in my yard in New Hampshire, no issues. I cover it during pollen season,, it is great.
bdwalsh11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2018, 05:55 AM   #14

FR3 Heat Question: Does heat only come from front AC unit control or does the one in rear bedroom also provides heat.. I tried the rear bedroom and got nothing..Is this correct?
Old 09-14-2018, 05:58 AM   #15

FR3 AC Unit Question: Turned on AC units, rear one I found like little bits of dried plant life or roaund dust balls on bed after turning it off...any idea what i should check for.. like a nest in the ac unit on roof???
Old 09-15-2018, 10:56 AM   #16

Quote:
Originally Posted by bdwalsh11 View Post
FR3 AC Unit Question: Turned on AC units, rear one I found like little bits of dried plant life or roaund dust balls on bed after turning it off...any idea what i should check for.. like a nest in the ac unit on roof???
We got some small pieces of white styrofoam when first turning on ac in rear bedroom on my new 30ds. Was told this was loose bits of the insulation they use. After a few days, it mostly went away. But still get a little after a long drive. Just little styrofoam "crumbs" really.
jimlitwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2018, 05:26 AM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimlitwin View Post
We got some small pieces of white styrofoam when first turning on ac in rear bedroom on my new 30ds. Was told this was loose bits of the insulation they use. After a few days, it mostly went away. But still get a little after a long drive. Just little styrofoam "crumbs" really.
I agree, it is styrofoam crumbs when they are building the RV's, I found pieces of glue, wood particles, nothing to worry about.

Tags
cover, fr3