Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-05-2015, 03:11 PM   #1

Dash AC

Took the coach out for a spin and realized that there was no cool/cold air coming from the dash. Tried on max and same results. Anyone else have a similar experience and if so what did it take to correct the situation?
LDStaas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2015, 09:56 PM   #2

I've had the same results. I can hear the AC kicking on - the RPMs drop by just a smidge - but the air doesn't get any colder. The last time the dealer had the rig, he brought it to Ford, and they seemed to think it was fine. I disagreed, and next time its in, the dealer is going to have Ford actually take a look.
SEGV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 01:06 AM   #3
HAPPY WHEN RV'ING

The first thing that comes to mind is low on freon. Could be something else but, I'd definitely have that possibility checked out. Have a look around the hose fitting and connections. If there is what looks like black oily build up, there's a leak at that point.

Sent from my iPad using Forest River Forums

Curt & Isabel, & 9er (our Goldendoodle)
2014 Forest River FR3 30DS (Beasty)
2014 Honda CRV EX-L (toad)

drivmsafe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 05:57 AM   #4

Thanks for the replies. I contacted my local Ford dealership about taking a look at the crack and was informed that they did not work on motor homes and they directed me to large truck dealerships which there are three in Texas. Not the widespread repair network that I was led to believe was out here and easily found most everywhere.
Old 10-06-2015, 05:58 AM   #5

Coach not crack.
Old 10-06-2015, 10:22 AM   #6

Mine was the Evans tempcon blend box which was never installed correctly. It was sucking outside air where the 2 halfs are sandwiched between the fire wall. Talk with Travis Bird at FR3 regarding this!
Brewster McFrisk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2015, 07:59 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LDStaas View Post
Thanks for the replies. I contacted my local Ford dealership about taking a look at the crack and was informed that they did not work on motor homes and they directed me to large truck dealerships which there are three in Texas. Not the widespread repair network that I was led to believe was out here and easily found most everywhere.
What part of Texas are you? We took ours to Grande Ford in San Antonio and they won't work on it even though it was for the Ford part of the motorhome.
Lexi2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 12:54 AM   #8

We are located in Waco and our local Ford house said we would need to take the coach to Truck City Ford in Buda for service.
Old 10-28-2015, 10:13 AM   #9

We located the dash AC freon leak when we tried adding freon. See the attached picture. To the left of the blue spot is where a hole was rubbed into the hose by the metal support. Will need to check this out after they do their fix to make sure it will not be rubbing on something else.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1446045205.955512.jpg
Views:	133
Size:	103.7 KB
ID:	93032