Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-17-2015, 03:12 AM   #1

Dealership, Ford & Forest River

I'm having a problem with all 3 parties. After our trip to Moab UT I got under our RV last Friday to change the oil and ended up at the rear axle as l was just checking things out. It was then l saw the rear sway bar clamp on the drivers side was missing.Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1434527917.253461.jpg
Views:	270
Size:	59.5 KB
ID:	80224
While laying there I called my dealer service and was told to call Boyer ford in Rodgers that they would take care of the missing part. The ford service guy told me that ford will not warrantee any missing parts😳. I then tried another ford place, got the same response. I called forest River, got the same response. Contacted my dealer service again and am not getting any help at all. All 3 parties are just slamming the door in my face. This is my 2nd RV from the dealer and I'm being treated as thought they all think I'm taking my RV apart pice by pice and selling em on eBay or something and trying to pull a fast one here! OMG I'm so upset the all 3 parties!! I've never been treated so poorly ever by any company never mind all 3. My wife and l are completely deflated over this. We are supposed to leave on our next trip in less than 2 weeks lasting thru the 4th of July and service can't get me in till the 10th of July. That's fine, just send me that clamp and I'll install it and you can bet it won't fall off when I'm done with it. Heck, for all l know it was missing the day l bought the RV, I never thought l had to bring my tools and check all the ford nuts and bolts before l bought this. I'm so up set that we are thinking of just letting it go back to the bank if this is how these company's treat people. It's brand new and we were told the 1st year is covered bumper to bumper, we even bought the extended warrantee. We're screaming uncle here! It's just unreal this whole thing.

JeNNY (2015 FR3 / 30DS)
2000 Jeep TJ Moab Rock Crawler
2013 Jeep JK
USS Seattle (AOE-3) 84-88 Wayne
US Army 06-15 Sherry
wayne and sherry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 03:54 AM   #2

I feel for ya. It can be frustrating at times, but unfortunately, the RV world doesn't really hold themselves to the same standard as the auto industry. Ultimately, it's your dealers responsibility to remedy the situation. You could try to press them a little harder, but at some point you can't sweat the small stuff.

If it were me, I would get a replacement on order (more than likely it's not an in-stock part) with my local auto parts store, bolt it on myself, then hand deliver a copy of the receipt to my dealer for reimbursement. You may not get it, but what is the alternative? Even if you run without it (which you can) then take it in for dealer service after your trip, that's still probably going to lay up your rig for weeks.. over a clamp..

It stings.. I know.. but don't let it ruin your plans to spend time with your family and enjoy the beautiful weather.

Come to think of it, if your dealer won't reimburse you, he might consider a store credit or merchandise equivalent to your out of pocket.

Most importantly..
rana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 07:29 AM   #3

Wayne, I know this may not be the best alternative for you, but have you tried the Camping World in Rogers to get the part? At least that's a close alternative. I don't know for sure, but they may also be an authorized repair facility for both your initial and your extended warranties.
spicyrv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 08:53 AM   #4

I had to buy that part and it was, if I remember correctly, about $20. And your obviously missing two bolts, and looks like the upper nut, which should be spot welded in place. I don't know how much heartburn your willing to deal with, but my threshold is pretty low. So I just rather pay for the part, install it myself with some locktite and then know its done right. Sucks, because this is pretty common about these brackets coming loose/falling off. Mine was hanging by one bolt and bracket was bent out of shape pretty good. And FYI, Ford was able to get this bracket/hardware within 2 days at our local dealership. Maybe while your at it, replace the rubber bushings with urethane. Sorry to hear about the crappy service.
KansasFR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 09:02 AM   #5

Warranty suspect

Hello All, day before yesterday, it rained pretty hard, so I stayed in RV for well over an hour watching for leaks, the skylight over bed leaked, took it in to dealer next day, they fixed quick, but stated that not covered by warranty; I paid for the Platinum level of coverage and am surprised that not covered, $59 to fix.

Also, thanks to this forum, I got up under to assess the CHF; YES, I can do this, but it is raining again, so I have all the tools ready to go to perform, while I was under there, I looked all over (like Wayne and Sherry) to see what I could see. I have not been under a vehicle in many years, always paid the dealer, so it was ego building to know I can do stuff like when I was in my 20's and poor.
US Army 22 years
Days Camped
2015 - 50+ days
bigduke1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 02:34 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne and sherry View Post
I'm having a problem with all 3 parties. After our trip to Moab UT I got under our RV last Friday to change the oil and ended up at the rear axle as l was just checking things out. It was then l saw the rear sway bar clamp on the drivers side was missing.Attachment 80224
While laying there I called my dealer service and was told to call Boyer ford in Rodgers that they would take care of the missing part. The ford service guy told me that ford will not warrantee any missing parts😳. I then tried another ford place, got the same response. I called forest River, got the same response. Contacted my dealer service again and am not getting any help at all. All 3 parties are just slamming the door in my face. This is my 2nd RV from the dealer and I'm being treated as thought they all think I'm taking my RV apart pice by pice and selling em on eBay or something and trying to pull a fast one here! OMG I'm so upset the all 3 parties!! I've never been treated so poorly ever by any company never mind all 3. My wife and l are completely deflated over this. We are supposed to leave on our next trip in less than 2 weeks lasting thru the 4th of July and service can't get me in till the 10th of July. That's fine, just send me that clamp and I'll install it and you can bet it won't fall off when I'm done with it. Heck, for all l know it was missing the day l bought the RV, I never thought l had to bring my tools and check all the ford nuts and bolts before l bought this. I'm so up set that we are thinking of just letting it go back to the bank if this is how these company's treat people. It's brand new and we were told the 1st year is covered bumper to bumper, we even bought the extended warrantee. We're screaming uncle here! It's just unreal this whole thing.

JeNNY (2015 FR3 / 30DS)
2013 Jeep JK
US Army 06-15 Sherry
Call your local news station and see if they can put some pressure on the dealer. Most companies don't want to be on the wrong side of bad press. ;-)
Stovebolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2015, 06:57 PM   #7

I agree with most people most of the time. If I have a stabilizer bar clamp broke, I would think I broke it due to over torquing it with bad driving. Not a warranty issue.
Sand dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 07:11 AM   #8

Welcome to the new world

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayne and sherry View Post
I'm having a problem with all 3 parties. After our trip to Moab UT I got under our RV last Friday to change the oil and ended up at the rear axle as l was just checking things out. It was then l saw the rear sway bar clamp on the drivers side was missing.Attachment 80224
While laying there I called my dealer service and was told to call Boyer ford in Rodgers that they would take care of the missing part. The ford service guy told me that ford will not warrantee any missing parts��. I then tried another ford place, got the same response. I called forest River, got the same response. Contacted my dealer service again and am not getting any help at all. All 3 parties are just slamming the door in my face. This is my 2nd RV from the dealer and I'm being treated as thought they all think I'm taking my RV apart pice by pice and selling em on eBay or something and trying to pull a fast one here! OMG I'm so upset the all 3 parties!! I've never been treated so poorly ever by any company never mind all 3. My wife and l are completely deflated over this. We are supposed to leave on our next trip in less than 2 weeks lasting thru the 4th of July and service can't get me in till the 10th of July. That's fine, just send me that clamp and I'll install it and you can bet it won't fall off when I'm done with it. Heck, for all l know it was missing the day l bought the RV, I never thought l had to bring my tools and check all the ford nuts and bolts before l bought this. I'm so up set that we are thinking of just letting it go back to the bank if this is how these company's treat people. It's brand new and we were told the 1st year is covered bumper to bumper, we even bought the extended warrantee. We're screaming uncle here! It's just unreal this whole thing.

JeNNY (2015 FR3 / 30DS)
2013 Jeep JK
US Army 06-15 Sherry
As you have found out from both the rv company and the frame company that missing parts are not covered under any type of warranty. And until the FEDS change the rules and or laws with rv company's (and they are working on it) the rv company is never going to really help when it is a frame issue, they will tell you to contact them direct (and guess what the money you spend does not matter when you need chassis work)

So like a few others here stated you will just have to suck it up and purchase the parts and you can install them or have them installed. And since it is a chassis item do not bother with the rv company go direct to ford and order the parts, as the rv company will not have these parts since they do not make the chassis.

So for you issue but really not a FR problem it comes down to the dealer and life. So good luck and Happy Camping
silverback 35ts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 08:22 AM   #9

Thanks everyone for your support and advice. I have ordered the parts and will install them myself this weekend. And while I'm under there I'm going to check over lots of things just to make sure nothing else has or is about to fall off.

JeNNY (2015 FR3 / 30DS)
2013 Jeep JK
US Army 06-15 Sherry
Old 06-18-2015, 08:57 AM   #10

Good deal Wayne. Like they say, if you want it done right, sometime we have to do it ourselves.

Also, double check your hitch. While installing the rear shocks I found 4 of the 6 bolts that holds the hitch to the rear sub frame were loose. I'm going to change them out with some grade 8 bolts. I'd like to upgrade to a Class IV hitch one day for a little extra piece of mind when hauling our horses.
KansasFR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2015, 03:11 PM   #11

KansasFR3 thank you, I'll for sure check that out. If l find any other loose or missing components I'll let the FR3 group know.

JeNNY (2015 FR3 / 30DS)
2013 Jeep JK
US Army 06-15 Sherry
Old 06-18-2015, 09:59 PM   #12

here is the link to call Ford Contact Us | Ford Motor Company Customer Service | Ford.com

2014 JEEP WRANGLER WILLYS
Bobb36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2015, 01:23 PM   #13

Ok, JeNNYs rear sway bar is back where it should be. I lock tighted both sides.

JeNNY (2015 FR3 / 30DS)
2013 Jeep JK
US Army 06-15 Sherry

Tags
dealer, ford, forest river