Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-16-2017, 10:18 AM   #1

Diagnostic Port

I have an Fr3 32ds and we are looking for the engine diagnostic port to plug our Mobley (internet hotspot). Does anyone know where it is?
Aluminum Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 10:34 AM   #2

Diagnostic Port

On my fr3 30DS the OBD2 port is on the drivers side of the 'doghouse' (engine cover) mount. Just inboard from the accelerator pedal, it is right on top of the bulge. kenClick image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0895.jpg
Views:	275
Size:	362.5 KB
ID:	144948
2015 fr3 30DS, added 2nd A/C-Heat Pump, both A/C have EasyStart, Auto Transfer Switch, CHF with Hellwig Links, Progressive Power Management, TPMS, Blue Ox True-Center, Koni Shocks, HID Headlamps, LED Foglamps, Pioneer Stereo, Keyless entry, Auxiliary Cooling Fans for A/C Condenser, dashcam front-rear, Yokohama Tires, air ride seats, onboard air compressor, 3000 watt hybrid Victron inverter Venus Generator Control, centramatic wheel balancers
Hogq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2017, 12:25 AM   #3

Thank you for your help! We found it right where you said.
Aluminum Falcon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 10:17 AM   #4

Hey aluminum falcon, does the Mobley port work when only when the RV is running

Is it any faster than using your phone as a hotspot

Thx
CSroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2017, 10:47 AM   #5

The port works with the motorhome on or off. The Mobley will require a change of state (start) at a pre set period (set in the Mobley config), I set mine to never turn off, their avoid it stopping a movie streaming. I just unplug it when not using, so it does not drain the battery.
2015 fr3 30DS, added 2nd A/C-Heat Pump, both A/C have EasyStart, Auto Transfer Switch, CHF with Hellwig Links, Progressive Power Management, TPMS, Blue Ox True-Center, Koni Shocks, HID Headlamps, LED Foglamps, Pioneer Stereo, Keyless entry, Auxiliary Cooling Fans for A/C Condenser, dashcam front-rear, Yokohama Tires, air ride seats, onboard air compressor, 3000 watt hybrid Victron inverter Venus Generator Control, centramatic wheel balancers
Hogq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2017, 02:25 PM   #6

Thanks. Just ordered the Mobley!
Old 12-13-2017, 08:31 AM   #7

Mobley

Whats a mobley ,how much dose it cost per month. y is it plug into obd2 port ?
what other info is it taking like miles and speed and location of vehicle send to insurance company?
Sorry I answer first question my self .
we need a wifi on road and when parked.
Carl17 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2017, 09:42 AM   #8

I haven’t installed it yet but I purchased mine through AT&T. I’ve been told when it arrives I will be able to call AT&T and get a car connected data line with unlimited data for $20 a month. Only managers at AT&T seem to know about the car connected line of products. It should work when the car is on or off. It is a hotspot that plugs into the OBD2 And just uses it for always on power. Don’t think it uses the port for any useful information. Someone else might chime in that is actually using it already though.
Old 12-13-2017, 10:35 AM   #9

The Mobley uses the OBDI port only to get power. When plugged into my Ram OBDI port the Mobley protrudes enough to be in the way when entering/exiting. I use the power adapter from Amazon https://www.amazon.com/Charger-Adapt...+adapter&psc=1 . You can use that adapter to power the Mobley while in your RV or otherwise away from the OBDI access port.

Hint: you will have to be persistent with AT&T to get the $20 a month Connected Car Plan. As mentioned earlier it usually takes an AT&T supervisor to access the plan and the average representative never heard of it.

DO NOT add the Mobley to an existing plan or let AT&T convince you that you have to have one of the Plus plans. You can activate the Mobley on a separate plan even if you are not a current AT&T customer. The CC plan allows 22gb of data and, after that it continues to work but MAY be subject to speed/quality throttling based on tower congestion. I've had a couple of month where I exceeded 110gb of data download and never encountered the "throttling". YMMV.

More good info about the Mobley here: http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ey-135408.html
Old 12-13-2017, 02:32 PM   #10

I called today and was informed the unlimited plan was not available. Hours later still told not available...
Old 12-13-2017, 04:03 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSroo View Post
I called today and was informed the unlimited plan was not available. Hours later still told not available...
Keep trying and get a manager or go to a company store (not a reseller). Hang in ther..,you can get it eventually. When you do never give it up.
Old 12-13-2017, 08:51 PM   #12

Diagnostic Port

Quote:
Originally Posted by emm-dee View Post
Keep trying and get a manager or go to a company store (not a reseller). Hang in ther..,you can get it eventually. When you do never give it up.

Sorry, OT... emm-dee, I love the avatar.

As a novice Glamper, it still applies.
RobertDS is offline   Reply With Quote