Old 07-19-2018, 07:08 PM   #1

Directv Hookup & TVS

Newbie here! Actually, almost a newbie. We are finalizing a deal on a 2018 FR3 30ds. I have been a member on a lot of various forums over the years, so I know the typical response for new guys...."Use the Search Function!".

I have done a lot of research, but I have a couple of questions that I am hoping a few of you have first-hand knowledge.

I am planning to have the dealer install my King Quest dome on the roof of the FR3 on Kings quick release mount. I currently have a similar set-up in my travel trailer, and the main receiver (dvr) sends signal to both the main and bedroom tvs. The directv guy used a repeater type setup to make that happen. I would like to do the same thing with the FR3, however I would like the reciever to provide signal for the living room and outside tv. The other dome output would power a seperate receiver in the bedroom.

Has anyone done a set-up like this?

Also, did you have to run jumpers inside to bypass the tv antenna amplifier in order to have a walkout dome (non mounted) to work through the cable hook-up? Again, I had to have this done with my travel trailer.
GABulldawg is offline   Reply With Quote