Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-29-2015, 10:59 AM   #1

DIY Mud Dauber Screens

Here is a mod that I just completed to install some Mud Dauber screens on the Water Heater and Furnace panels. Just buy some Aluminum screen used on patio doors for about $7 and cut to fit your openings. Along with two replacement pop rivets (I used 3/8") and a little silicone/RTV is all you need to do this mod. Its a lot cheaper and more appealing IMO. For the Fridge, I just ordered the screens off Amazon since I figured the fabrication would be a little more involved and not worth the effort. I'll get them in the mail today and probably will be pissed I didn't just make them too. :-) Anyways, hope this helps someone.

Furnace before:

Furnace after drilling out rivets and removing screws:

Cut screen to size:

Furnace Final product with two new rivets:

For the Water Heater, remove factory screen and sandwich screen under the factor screen and cut to size. For the intake louvers, just cut to size and I just used silicone to hold it in place. If it doesn't withstand the temps, I'll just use automotive RTV. This keeps it a nice clean look.

Final product of the Water Heater:
KansasFR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2015, 12:20 PM   #2

Don't forget the bumper plugs.

Click image for larger version

Name:	Screening on rear bumper caps.jpg
Views:	196
Size:	324.6 KB
ID:	75624
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote